Author Topic: Skin Moles  (Read 15109 times)

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Skin Moles
« on: February 27, 2011, 02:26:43 am »
What causes skin moles? Does diet have to do anything with it? Would raw paleo remove them over time? I believe I've read people eating raw chicken and within 2 years the mole began to itch and fellow.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: Skin Moles
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 02:34:23 am »
My moles and other benign skin lesions have gradually been disappearing since I started eating Paleo, but when I mention this to people they just dismiss it as something that happens naturally with age in people. To me that seems like too flimsy a dismissal that doesn't explain why I was developing more and more moles and skin lesions while eating modern foods and then when I switched to Paleo they started disappearing. It seems like too much of a coincidence of timing to assume that it's solely due to a natural aging process, especially since I tend to see more moles on aged people, not less.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 01:49:57 pm »
My moles and other benign skin lesions have gradually been disappearing since I started eating Paleo, but when I mention this to people they just dismiss it as something that happens naturally with age in people. To me that seems like too flimsy a dismissal that doesn't explain why I was developing more and more moles and skin lesions while eating modern foods and then when I switched to Paleo they started disappearing. It seems like too much of a coincidence of timing to assume that it's solely due to a natural aging process, especially since I tend to see more moles on aged people, not less.

Did raw paleo do this or cooked paleo as well?

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 12:40:38 am »
Eating RZC I could be out in the sun a lot and my skin got darker in response to it, I also didn't get any moles forming. However as soon as I started having fruit I became very sensitive to the sun-light, and also started getting some moles despite then avoiding the sun. I also became more sensitive to everything though, so it's probably just because I have some problem with carbs.

You get moles where you have weak-spots in your skin, where it is extra-sensitive, so it gets flooded with melanin or something to protect it. If you have such weak-spots you're going to be more vulnerable to skin-cancer as well.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline FoxWoman

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 02:16:21 am »
In a lot of cases, moles are genetic. If you are predisposed to have them, they usually multiply and become bigger as you age, somewhere by mid-30s. I have quite a lot of those, and about a year ago went to a dermatologist to consult about removing them. I was told that they are perfectly benign (although of course ugly, especially when on the face) and that they will first grow and become itchy, and then dry out and fall off without forming a scar. The whole process might take years, though.

When I was on a (semi) raw lacto-paleo for 2 years (in the past), it coincided with an intense growth of those moles and appearance of new ones (which of course I did not like). However, I think that it was not diet-induced, but the moles probably were getting through their natural genetic cycle - it was just the right time for them to appear.

Now I am waiting for them to "fall off".  l)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 10:01:45 am »
In a lot of cases, moles are genetic.
I don't see it as a mutually exclusive question of diet or genetics, but rather diet and genetics and perhaps sun exposure, as was mentioned above, and maybe some other unknown factors.

The whole process might take years, though.
Try decades in my case. And the falling off process didn't occur at all until I went Paleo, after which multiple moles and lesions started shrinking, and others have reported the same to me. My brother eats relatively healthfully as compared to most Americans, but does not eat Paleo or raw and despite the fact that he is older than me, none of his prominent moles have disappeared. All this could be amazing coincidences, but it could also be something more.

Not everyone experiences this benefit though, so I caution folks against getting their hopes up.

Like FoxWoman said, moles tend to be benign and only rarely develop into something cancerous like malignant melanoma. If you have a lot of them or any fast-growing or unusual-looking ones, it's probably a good idea to have your physician check them every now and then, which they should be doing anyway, but often don't make the time for it unless you mention it.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 10:07:04 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 05:40:13 pm »
Moles are not related to any food item. They wont come on our skin due to food items. they are the creation by god. thats it.

http://www.chefsecrets.info/tips

These spammers aren't shy with their opinions LOL
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 07:01:17 pm »
They are almost as ignorant as they are disrespectfull.
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 08:16:32 pm »
    Coatue, I think they do start to separate and eventually fall out by using raw animal diet.

We are now a forum only about god, forget food, history and everything else.  All we need and want is prayer and the knowing that god takes care of everything including giving us beautiful moles.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 08:38:13 pm »
   Coatue, I think they do start to separate and eventually fall out by using raw animal diet.

We are now a forum only about god, forget food, history and everything else.  All we need and want is prayer and the knowing that god takes care of everything including giving us beautiful moles.
You scare the hell out of me  -d
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 08:47:00 pm »

We are now a forum only about god, forget food, history and everything else.  All we need and want is prayer and the knowing that god takes care of everything including giving us beautiful moles.

I run red lights in his honour.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2011, 06:25:04 am »
Likewise for me. Not sure if they are genetic but they are common in my family. Mine and my GF's are slowly fading rather than growing. They turn into melanoma eventually.

It follows the Ayurvedic explanations that toxins or undigested foods make their way into the bloodstream and then travel along till they hit a spot that is weak etc and they stop there and just collect over time.

Also bumps on my skin (moles etc)have disappeared or significantly subsided.
Cheers
Al

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2011, 03:31:52 pm »
Not sure about moles, but my shoulder freckles have diminished noticeably.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, 03:26:45 am »
One of my moles has just dried up and fallen off!   :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk