Author Topic: any raw animal products safe from parasites ?  (Read 39073 times)

Offline proteus

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
any raw animal products safe from parasites ?
« on: March 09, 2011, 06:36:41 am »
i believe raw eggs are safe from parasites - correct ?  the same would be true for something like milk ( i don't drink milk ) right ?

is there anything else ?  maybe some sort of oysters or shrimp or some nonsense like that ?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: any raw animal products safe from parasites ?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 06:53:13 am »
Lots of sea food should have no dangerous to human parasites.
It is fresh water food that has more parasites that stick to humans.

Weston price followers say you freeze your meat for 14 days and parasites are all dead.

But parasites are everywhere, when you breath, shake someones hand, eat salad, eat fruit, eat meat... and you can try cooking them all to death, which may include your death as well.  See hulda clark's early demise, she degenerated fast because of her paranoia.

Parasites are easy to get rid of.  Through foods, through herbs, through electricity, through drugs.

Keep parasites in check by not polluting yourself with chemicals so they stay where they should stay.

Being undernourished or polluted nourished is more of a threat.

All humans host parasites because we are the top predator of this world.

I live in the tropics and we grow up knowing parasites are normal and we can get rid of them easily.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:01:35 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 07:13:53 am »
I detected / saw in my poop liver fluke tomato peels parasites in 2005 to 2006, and I was on the regular Filipino SAD cooked diet.  And I was sick being consumed of eczema then.

I went raw paleo diet Jan 2008.

I detected / saw tapeworms in my poop Jan 2011.  My gut feels solid, I feel great.  But I now proceeded to get rid of them because I want to control their numbers.

I'm at the top of my health game today.  Do the worms scare me? Nyet.

Am I going to give up a raw paleo diet because I saw tapeworms?  Not on anybody's vegan anti-meat fantasy!

My health is still going up up and away I'm enjoying myself... all because of a raw paleo diet.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline proteus

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 08:13:25 am »
ok ok relax lol.

i just want to know specifically which foods are parasite free like eggs.  i am not trying to say that eating parasites is worse than eating cooked food.

but i do eat eggs mostly because its a parasite free raw animal product.

does stuff like oysters and shrimp have parasites ?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 08:14:26 am »
Probably they do, but not directed at humans.

Offline proteus

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 01:08:59 pm »
Probably they do, but not directed at humans.

well obviously i mean the kind of parasites that can make a human body their home.

is the number of parasites capable of infecting humans more or less finite ? are they all more or less known ?  or can just any random crap infect humans ?

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 06:38:46 am »
I detected / saw in my poop liver fluke tomato peels parasites in 2005 to 2006, and I was on the regular Filipino SAD cooked diet.  And I was sick being consumed of eczema then.

I went raw paleo diet Jan 2008.

I detected / saw tapeworms in my poop Jan 2011.  My gut feels solid, I feel great.  But I now proceeded to get rid of them because I want to control their numbers.

I'm at the top of my health game today.  Do the worms scare me? Nyet.

Am I going to give up a raw paleo diet because I saw tapeworms?  Not on anybody's vegan anti-meat fantasy!

My health is still going up up and away I'm enjoying myself... all because of a raw paleo diet.

How did you manage to completely rid yourself of them?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 06:39:46 am »
Also I think bone marrow maybe.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 07:04:14 am »
Only a  fool concerns himself about parasites on a RVAF diet. Not only are they incredibly rare on a RVAF diet, but also there are  tons of herbal/drug remedies around which kill off such parasites double-quick if one happens to be needlessly scared re the issue.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline proteus

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 07:06:20 am »
Also I think bone marrow maybe.

haven't thought about it.  is sourcing not-from-cows bone marrow doable ?  what kind of nutrition is it anyway - mostly fat ?

Offline proteus

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 07:11:54 am »
Only a  fool concerns himself about parasites on a RVAF diet. Not only are they incredibly rare on a RVAF diet, but also there are  tons of herbal/drug remedies around which kill off such parasites double-quick if one happens to be needlessly scared re the issue.

so why isn't everybody on RVAF then ?

years ago i went on a steroid forum and they assured me taking steroids was safe.  so i started doing them and followed all the precautions and did everything the right way and still ran into all sorts of problems.  there is a reason why every guy is not on steroids - that stuff is not safe.

i want to believe you, but i no longer believe anything without a proof.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 07:27:45 am »
so why isn't everybody on RVAF then ?

years ago i went on a steroid forum and they assured me taking steroids was safe.  so i started doing them and followed all the precautions and did everything the right way and still ran into all sorts of problems.  there is a reason why every guy is not on steroids - that stuff is not safe.

i want to believe you, but i no longer believe anything without a proof.
   This is childish. The only reason why people are wary of going on RVAF diets is that they are fed constantly on false media-generated stories about food-poisoning/parasites and other nonsense. In the RVAF diet community, such claims are so very rare as to not be taken seriously except by hypochondriacs/orthorexics.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Sitting Coyote

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 07:30:49 am »
I don't recommend believing anything from TD without extra proof.

I don't think anything is parasite-free.  The question is whether the parasites are of the sort that would become pathalogical, that is they would cause you some sort of problem.  Some parasites are better called symbionts, that is they live inside us and have no detrimental impacts and perhaps even some benefits.  It's only a few that can become problematic, and often these parasites are not intended to infect humans so when they get inside they don't know where to go and end up going to the wrong place.  

And, as GS mentioned, sometimes our bodies are malnourished and out of balance and normally neutral parasites can get out of hand, requiring us to use medicines to get them under control.

Overall I honestly don't worry about parasites too much.  That said, my diet is not as wide as others here.  For meat I eat primarily land mammals that are obligate herbivores, things like grazers and browsers.  I do not eat omnivorous animals (except occasionally chicken), and rarely eat fish whether from fresh or salt water.  I occasionally eat eggs when I can get them pasture raised (i.e. hens are not fed grain).  I have been a raw omnivore for over a year, and have not had any problem with parasites.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 07:42:42 am »
Well, there you are, you have been a raw omnivore for a year and not had parasites, thus proving the notion that parasites are not an ever-present threat to RVAFers. So, you are just fussing over nothing of relevance.  Since most RVAFers have no such issues even after decades , and the vast majority of the terribly few who do get parasites have drugs/herbal remedies at their disposal so as to easily get rid of parasites, the whole nonsense is a waste of time to worry about.
" Ron Paul.

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 08:08:25 am »

Based on this, would you recommend not freezing meat before eating it?  Will vacuum sealed meat stay good in my fridge for 2 months or more?

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 08:10:39 am »
haven't thought about it.  is sourcing not-from-cows bone marrow doable ?  what kind of nutrition is it anyway - mostly fat ?

Well most marrow is probably similar to caribou marrow if the animal is wild or grass fed, and information on caribou marrow is all I could find:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/ethnic-foods/8088/2

It appears to be mostly fat.  Maybe that is why I find it so delicious.

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 08:14:40 am »
  This is childish. The only reason why people are wary of going on RVAF diets is that they are fed constantly on false media-generated stories about food-poisoning/parasites and other nonsense. In the RVAF diet community, such claims are so very rare as to not be taken seriously except by hypochondriacs/orthorexics.

@proteus
I will be the first to announce if I get sick or a parasite.  I am sure others here would do the same.  

Even if I died, you can bet that those I am close to would make a stink about my diet and this forum.  Lucky for me (and apparently many others), eating raw meat is problem free.

You are aware that most cultures include raw meat in their diet, right?  And that the use of raw meat as food precedes the invention of freezing, canning and refrigeration.  Right?

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 08:38:37 am »
If you really fear parasites, freezing the meat for a few days will get rid of most if not all threats, provided they're existent.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 08:42:38 am »
How did you manage to completely rid yourself of them?

liver flukes, got rid of them at that time with liver flushing and herbal deworming.

Lately I've been taking specifically anti tapeworm food, coconuts, tomatoes and herbal dewormer.

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2011, 08:53:03 am »
If you really fear parasites, freezing the meat for a few days will get rid of most if not all threats, provided they're existent.

I am not too worried about parasites but I have questions about food storage.  I want my meat to be fresh, parasites or no parasites.  If it is never frozen, only refrigerated and it is vacuum sealed, will it stay fresh or will it go bad?  I actually want to avoid having to freeze it if I can, so that it is more flavorful.

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 09:21:26 am »
For best flavor and health properties, it would be a better choice to remove the meat from the vacuum sealing. As your meat ages, you will find it may turn to a dark color or drained grey/green color. If it's the latter, it lost contact with oxygen and "suffocated". This leads to loss of taste and other undesirable qualities with time. Most of the meat I eat is pre-frozen, and it's a good food source. There is still a considerable reduction in taste.

There are easy methods to preserve cuts without freezing. You can hang them on a hook (provided you have the space and equipment) or you can leave it in a fridge, but take care of it and make sure it gets proper contact with air (it will ferment this way).

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 09:37:13 am »
For best flavor and health properties, it would be a better choice to remove the meat from the vacuum sealing. As your meat ages, you will find it may turn to a dark color or drained grey/green color. If it's the latter, it lost contact with oxygen and "suffocated". This leads to loss of taste and other undesirable qualities with time. Most of the meat I eat is pre-frozen, and it's a good food source. There is still a considerable reduction in taste.

There are easy methods to preserve cuts without freezing. You can hang them on a hook (provided you have the space and equipment) or you can leave it in a fridge, but take care of it and make sure it gets proper contact with air (it will ferment this way).

I know about this but

1) I am told that high meat is for advanced RAF eaters who have been on RAF diet for at least a year, I have been on it only 1 month.  I want to eat high meat but no one has told me why it is "advanced", only that it is.  I may just go ahead and try it.  Will I get sick or something?

2) I am getting about 200 pounds of meat all at once.  How do I handle so much meat?  Should I just get large cuts and hang them all in the fridge?

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2011, 09:59:11 am »
The only part "advanced" about it is tolerating the taste, since high meat has a strong taste and most people initially even dislike the taste of fresh meat. Experience with less bacteria rich RAF is only needed if you will be repulsed by the taste of aged meat so you periodically get used to stronger tastes.  You won't get sick from properly stored high meat (grass-fed/wild). You can try it, maybe you will enjoy the taste. If you enjoy the taste of fresh meat you will probably like fermented meat too.

I am unfamiliar with handling large cuts but I would hang them in fridge or store them to ferment. Also remember to avoid plastic containers, storing meat in them for extended periods of time produces a bad taste/smell. Glass and ceramic containers work much better.

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 10:21:37 am »
The only part "advanced" about it is tolerating the taste, since high meat has a strong taste and most people initially even dislike the taste of fresh meat. Experience with less bacteria rich RAF is only needed if you will be repulsed by the taste of aged meat so you periodically get used to stronger tastes.  You won't get sick from properly stored high meat (grass-fed/wild). You can try it, maybe you will enjoy the taste. If you enjoy the taste of fresh meat you will probably like fermented meat too.

I am unfamiliar with handling large cuts but I would hang them in fridge or store them to ferment. Also remember to avoid plastic containers, storing meat in them for extended periods of time produces a bad taste/smell. Glass and ceramic containers work much better.

Okay, so far I love raw meat, even organs like liver and kidney, and tongue.  I always liked stinky cheese also.  So I will have a go at making some high meat.  I am going to experiment with eating it before I decide to store all of my meat in the fridge, thanks for the information.

All I have is plastic right now but I am going to buy some glass jars soon.  I need something to store my fat in, outside the fridge.

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2011, 11:00:26 am »
You will probably like high meat. Keep us updated when you make it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk