Author Topic: any raw animal products safe from parasites ?  (Read 39157 times)

Offline proteus

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: any raw animal products safe from parasites ?
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2011, 11:53:15 am »
As your meat ages, you will find it may turn to a dark color or drained grey/green color.

i had some organic chicken livers sit too long in the fridge ( perhaps 3 weeks or so ) and they turned from bright red-brown to very very green.  i got rid of them.  were they still good ?

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2011, 10:14:52 am »
How did you store them? Most chicken is probably lower quality and not good for fermenting.

Offline proteus

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2011, 12:32:04 pm »
How did you store them? Most chicken is probably lower quality and not good for fermenting.

it came in a plastic box that wasn't sealed, just closed.  i picked it up at the whole foods in manhattan.  i just put it in the fridge.

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2011, 06:46:13 pm »
Lots of sea food should have no dangerous to human parasites.
It is fresh water food that has more parasites that stick to humans.

Weston price followers say you freeze your meat for 14 days and parasites are all dead.

But parasites are everywhere, when you breath, shake someones hand, eat salad, eat fruit, eat meat... and you can try cooking them all to death, which may include your death as well.  See hulda clark's early demise, she degenerated fast because of her paranoia.

Parasites are easy to get rid of.  Through foods, through herbs, through electricity, through drugs.

Keep parasites in check by not polluting yourself with chemicals so they stay where they should stay.

Being undernourished or polluted nourished is more of a threat.

All humans host parasites because we are the top predator of this world.

I live in the tropics and we grow up knowing parasites are normal and we can get rid of them easily.

@GoodSamaritan - Should I only eat fish and mollusks/shellfish from the sea? Do you have a list of all sea food and non fresh water food? Got me worried. And I never freeze.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2011, 09:09:57 pm »
High meat has a very strong taste, but make sure you make it in glass or ceramic, not plastic.  Any meat I leave in plastic ends up tasting and smelling so horrible and making me sick, to making me not want to eat even fresh raw meat at all anymore, while meat left in glass is fine.  Well though, still pretty badly stinky, just not as sick enough to make me not want to eat raw meat at all anymore.  I have some ground beef I left in a glass jar at room temperature though, it's getting pretty high I suppose, had a layer of slime last time I checked it, and was getting pretty stinky, I'm not sure if I'll be able to eat it, but I want to try.. while the meat I left open in the fridge in it's original plastic packaging for just a few days made me sick enough to want to puke and never eat raw meat again just from the smell, and I had to throw the meat away.   >:

but I used to leave my raw ground beef just on a plate sitting out at room temperature, and usually liked it better that way after it sat out all night and got a bit brown on the outside layer.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2011, 06:45:52 am »
but I used to leave my raw ground beef just on a plate sitting out at room temperature, and usually liked it better that way after it sat out all night and got a bit brown on the outside layer.

My meat that I left out for days didn't turn brown, it turned a deep red color.  But it is lamb so maybe that explains it.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2011, 12:52:04 am »
My meat that I left out for days didn't turn brown, it turned a deep red color.  But it is lamb so maybe that explains it.

I had some lamb once, and I think it still turned brown..  o.O;  I don't remember for sure, though.. maybe yours dried out, instead?
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2011, 02:31:44 am »
Tuna is said to hold no risk of parasites, in mainstream sources. Even some sheeple are aware that tuna is best eaten raw.

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2011, 10:41:46 am »
Parasites are beneficial.

OT: Beef i'd say is the best if you don't like em.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2011, 12:03:31 pm »
Whenever it came to the problem of parasites and bacteria on fresh raw vegetables my thought process was always that my immune system is supposed to kill parasites and get rid of them and if I am capable of having parasites make me seriously ill - it means that my immune system is not strong enough - which means for me that the only way for my immune system to be so weak would be for me not to be eating raw foods - or never to be exposed to that particular bacteria or parasite before. That's why Americans can get so sick in Mexico - brand new bacteria and it's not about raw meat - even fruit.

What would be the difference with parasites on meat? I mean - if you need meat to be healthy, then you need meat to fight any parasites from anywhere don't you?

Besides, parasites and bacteria can be much like vaccines - a little of them just teach your immune system how to fight them more efficiently the next time they show up - or at least that's what I learned on a cool video on the immune system years ago.

That's why I imagine that folks say that high meat is for people that are more advanced no? Don't you have to slowly get used to smaller amounts of the bacteria/parasites in order to train your immune system before giving it a big dose of bacteria that it isn't used to yet?

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2011, 04:15:13 pm »
That's why I imagine that folks say that high meat is for people that are more advanced no? Don't you have to slowly get used to smaller amounts of the bacteria/parasites in order to train your immune system before giving it a big dose of bacteria that it isn't used to yet?

I think the high meat thing is more a matter of getting used to the taste than anything else.

Offline z2704186

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2013, 11:32:57 am »
I am considering a purchase of wild boar, but I am concerned about trichinosis.  If I freeze it first, would that kill any trichinosis?  Or should I avoid raw pork altogether, domestic and wild?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2013, 03:02:59 pm »
I am considering a purchase of wild boar, but I am concerned about trichinosis.  If I freeze it first, would that kill any trichinosis?  Or should I avoid raw pork altogether, domestic and wild?
  Look, I and many others have been eating raw wild boar for years and never once had an issue. In the very extreme unlikelihood that we would get such a condition, we would simply resort to standard pharmaceutical drugs to get rid of them. If you still feel the need to be hysterical about trichinosis, then you could follow Sally Fallon's recommendation and freeze the meat for 14 days beforehand, which is supposed  to kill off any parasites.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2013, 06:08:24 pm »
   In the very extreme unlikelihood that we would get such a condition, we would simply resort to standard pharmaceutical drugs to get rid of them.

I wouldn't "simply" resort to standard pharmaceutical drugs. Pharmaceutical drugs would be a very last resort for me.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2013, 06:39:07 pm »
I wouldn't "simply" resort to standard pharmaceutical drugs. Pharmaceutical drugs would be a very last resort for me.
If you have parasites, using certain herbs may work, but those who need other methods have to use pharmaceutical drugs.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2013, 07:10:57 pm »
Therapeutic doses of iodine may help. I don't have any experience with this myself though.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2013, 04:24:44 am »
dont worry about parasites they are our helpers. They eat up all our unhealthy tissue until theres none left and then leave. So if you do have them just let them run their course. it may be uncomfortable like any detox but ull fel better for it afterward.

a person on a raw mostly animal based diet doesnt need to worry about such things.

my only rule is if it was raised naturally and smells good, then go for it. No other rules needed.
-----------

moringa82

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2014, 02:48:43 am »
dont worry about parasites they are our helpers. They eat up all our unhealthy tissue until theres none left and then leave. So if you do have them just let them run their course. it may be uncomfortable like any detox but ull fel better for it afterward.

a person on a raw mostly animal based diet doesnt need to worry about such things.

my only rule is if it was raised naturally and smells good, then go for it. No other rules needed.

really? they will leave? are you sure? but eating raw meat(dead tissue) will not feed them?

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2014, 05:10:32 am »
really? they will leave? are you sure? but eating raw meat(dead tissue) will not feed them?

I'm not sure exactly how to answer this. Parasites eat toxins, and I don't view raw meat as a toxin. I would think of cooked / processed meats giving off toxins when eaten and then that would feed the parasites.

And yes, most parasites will hang out and either leave or the body will kick them out so to speak. Anything that stays is probably just co-existing with you. No matter what we eat, we do have some parasites in us. I recall reading someone hunting and killing an animal that looked damn healthy - shiny fur, teeth, eyes, acting normal - but when cut open was INFESTED with worms. You would have never known from looking at the animal. After a while of eating RAFs you will just forget about parasites. I don't even think about them until a thread like this comes up. I barely found out yesterday that more often than not, salmon definitely has worms. And I eat that all the time. Oh well haha.

When my boyfriend and I first started, we agreed that until we actually feel really messed up or puke, we're not going to worry. I would recommend a similar thinking process or you're going to drive yourself crazy with every bite of food you take.
In its purest, unaltered form, healthy food is delicious.

moringa82

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2014, 05:43:50 pm »
liver flukes, got rid of them at that time with liver flushing and herbal deworming.

Lately I've been taking specifically anti tapeworm food, coconuts, tomatoes and herbal dewormer.

do you peel your tomato? ever heard about turpentine?

moringa82

« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2014, 07:21:31 pm »
I'm not sure exactly how to answer this. Parasites eat toxins, and I don't view raw meat as a toxin. I would think of cooked / processed meats giving off toxins when eaten and then that would feed the parasites.

And yes, most parasites will hang out and either leave or the body will kick them out so to speak. Anything that stays is probably just co-existing with you. No matter what we eat, we do have some parasites in us. I recall reading someone hunting and killing an animal that looked damn healthy - shiny fur, teeth, eyes, acting normal - but when cut open was INFESTED with worms. You would have never known from looking at the animal. After a while of eating RAFs you will just forget about parasites. I don't even think about them until a thread like this comes up. I barely found out yesterday that more often than not, salmon definitely has worms. And I eat that all the time. Oh well haha.

When my boyfriend and I first started, we agreed that until we actually feel really messed up or puke, we're not going to worry. I would recommend a similar thinking process or you're going to drive yourself crazy with every bite of food you take.

but what about mentally retarded children/people(autism etc) who undergo an parasite purge protocol and make a comeback, also 100% healed? also during this process these parasites are reproducing at an incredible rate, from a 1- 3 year old behind, thousands of parasites/worms purged... i dont know if they are really working for us.

what about worms perforating the gut wall, making leaky gut sucking the nutrients out from the blood stream?

something does not add up... i think i will stay with raw milk and dairy and raw eggs

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2014, 09:03:56 pm »
but what about mentally retarded children/people(autism etc) who undergo an parasite purge protocol and make a comeback, also 100% healed? also during this process these parasites are reproducing at an incredible rate, from a 1- 3 year old behind, thousands of parasites/worms purged... i dont know if they are really working for us.

what about worms perforating the gut wall, making leaky gut sucking the nutrients out from the blood stream?

something does not add up... i think i will stay with raw milk and dairy and raw eggs

I actually know nothing about such cases, sorry. However, it sounds like a situation in which parasites got out of control either because of poor immunity/gut bacteria, a highly toxic environment (the body), and/or lethal types of parasites made it in there.

Basically, assuming that you do not end up with a terribly powerful or harmful parasite, they will co-exist with you. Take a healthy individual (a RPD'er perhaps) and an unhealthy individual (SAD) and expose them to parasites. At worst, the RPD eater might get the runs or feel some unpleasant symptoms, while the person that eats SAD will be vomiting, diarrhea, feverish, etc. This is the difference between a toxic and clean environment. When you are full of toxins, the parasites will go crazy in a sense.

On top of that, but being healthy means you have a better immune system and gut to keep anything in check. There's a very common stomach parasite in salmon. It will attach to your stomach lining, but gets expelled by the body in a matter of days. I eat salmon very regularly, and have NEVER experienced a single issue. If this parasite is so common, I can only assume that I just expel it everytime.

You can stick to your eggs and dairy, but you still have parasites in you whether you like it or not. It's silly to starve yourself of whole, nutrient-dense animal foods over this.

Offline panacea

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2014, 02:17:27 am »
The safest possible raw foods are fruits, eggs, and meats like lamb or beef which had healthy environments and circumstances of their own.

Seafood or wild game and sickly animals like mass-farmed poultry or farm raised salmon would be the most dangerous.

It does not matter if many people get along fine on something (or seem to). Many people get along fine on many things when others don't. Just look at allergens, people dying from simple colds in hospitals, etc. Everything is relative to a body's health state. It is not wise to advocate something potentially dangerous to others just because it works for you, although that would not stop anyone at curezone from advocating false therapies like magnetic crystals, liver flushes, pyramid healing, megadosing, parasites being beneficial, drinking urine, you name it. Yes people can survive on all of those "diets", but it doesn't mean they have any concrete logical basis. It's my hope that rawpaleodietforum does not turn into curezone by getting the attention of "sheeple" who believe everything they read or try and correlate the truth to be whatever their personal story implies.

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2014, 03:05:44 am »
farm raised salmon would be the most dangerous.

Actually, from my understanding, farm-raised fish have virtually no parasites because they're not living out in such an environment to be picking them up. The trade off, of course, is them being fed corn and other inappropriate foods, injected with steroids, growth hormones, and antibiotics, and then many different artificial colors to make them look normal next to the healthy alternatives.

It does not matter if many people get along fine on something (or seem to). Many people get along fine on many things when others don't. Just look at allergens, people dying from simple colds in hospitals, etc. Everything is relative to a body's health state. It is not wise to advocate something potentially dangerous to others just because it works for you, although that would not stop anyone at curezone from advocating false therapies like magnetic crystals, liver flushes, pyramid healing, megadosing, parasites being beneficial, drinking urine, you name it. Yes people can survive on all of those "diets", but it doesn't mean they have any concrete logical basis. It's my hope that rawpaleodietforum does not turn into curezone by getting the attention of "sheeple" who believe everything they read or try and correlate the truth to be whatever their personal story implies.

Anecdotal evidence is still evidence. To avoid personal stories would be disregarding science itself. You don't think there will be anything on TV or from the government advocating the consumption of raw meat, do you? I wouldn't be here if it weren't for reading personal stories and blogs about health. My cat would probably be dead had I not trusted the stories of other raw feeders. There was science behind that, but still no VET is going to suggest it. I wouldn't be here if I didn't trust a single blog discussing the dangers and health effects of eating grains. You can't just shrug off that stuff. Curezone is very mainsteam now, but there is a lot of interesting information. You just have to know how to weed out the false information from what could be the truth or at least helpful. But that's how the internet is. We can't trust what the doctors or government is telling us, that's how we end up with the American Food Pyramid.

I don't see how you can stand this forum if you believe all of those things. We each state what our experiences are for the sake of others. Do you think most of us have a laboratory and scientists to explain WHY this diet works for each and every one of us? No .... but we still share the information.

Offline panacea

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2014, 01:44:56 am »
The opposite is true.

"Factory salmon farms often confine hundreds of thousands of fish in highly restrictive net pens for all of their adult life. By one estimate, a mature salmon has the equivalent of a bathtub of ocean water. As one fish biologist remarked, "Within one sea loch we've got 25 times as many farm salmon as there are wild salmon for the whole west coast of Scotland."

Salmon farms, consequently, are ideal incubators for parasites and infectious diseases that are then spread to adjacent farms and to wild fish. These outbreaks are impossible to quarantine; mass escapes from salmon farms and the normal flow of tides and currents spread diseases and parasites to other fish over very wide areas."

source:
http://www.puresalmon.org/diseases_parasites.html

The rest of your post is full of errors in reasoning, "anecdotal evidence is still evidence" is like saying "superstitious thinking is still thinking". adjectives change the meaning of the words following them, they aren't "the same" in the sense that anecdotal evidence isn't near as concrete as some other kinds of evidence or reasoning just like superstitious thinking isn't hardly any good at all. Even double blind studies can be biased or narrow minded/misleading based on monetary incentives and such things, nothing in life is foolproof, the best bet has always been deductive reasoning of a trained mind, you have to train your own mind to think for itself rather than simply take in information from websites telling you things like raw food is good because it's "pure" or that governments are evil because they try to influence populations away from living off of potato chips with food guide pyramids, since they are not perfect entities, just forces to try and help maintain order.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 01:56:19 am by panacea »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk