Author Topic: Vein in Meat  (Read 3374 times)

Offline Max

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Vein in Meat
« on: March 12, 2011, 03:54:31 am »
Hey everyone,

Quick question.  I was cutting up some meat off of a marrow bone and I found a vein (what I think is a vein) next to the bone.  Question is, should I eat it?
"The strong white teeth sank into the raw and dripping flesh in apparent relish of the meal, but Clayton could not bring himself to share the uncooked meat with his strange host; instead he watched him, and presently there dawned upon him the conviction that this was Tarzan of the Apes....." - Edgar Rice Burroughs, 'Tarzan of the Apes'

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Vein in Meat
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 04:09:12 am »
A paleo hunter would eat it if he was hungry I think.
why not to taste it and tell me how it tastes haha :D

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 04:11:59 am »
    Learn to be a scavenger.  I always ate the veins, when I found them in my meat, marrow or what-have-you.  So what if it isn't exactly the same as the rest?

Some say these tissues, like the veins, are tough and hard to digest.  Personally I haven't had a problem with them.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Max

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 04:15:40 am »
Done.

I ate it.  It was infinitely chewy, so I just swallowed it whole.

Not bad at all :)
"The strong white teeth sank into the raw and dripping flesh in apparent relish of the meal, but Clayton could not bring himself to share the uncooked meat with his strange host; instead he watched him, and presently there dawned upon him the conviction that this was Tarzan of the Apes....." - Edgar Rice Burroughs, 'Tarzan of the Apes'

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 04:56:02 am »
Max I want to ask you something.

Can you make some photos of your jaw and after half year when you will have a strong squared jaw take another few pics and post them here ??

Offline Max

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 06:15:31 am »
I was planning some before and after photos.  I'm going to buy a digital camera tonight.

Side note:  My jaw is not that strong right now.  In my profile pic it looks ok, but that was just a good pic of me.  In reality my jaw is weaker.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk