Author Topic: Japanese QUake  (Read 31539 times)

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Japanese QUake
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2011, 08:08:23 pm »
It's all about the money, and the commissions.  You have to make clean energy profitable.

Same goes for recycling.  If people want to pay someone to get rid of their trash, they will want to pay the least possible for the service, whether it involves putting the trash in the ground or recycling it.

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2011, 08:30:10 am »
I plan on only eating locally for now on with the possible risk of radiation contamination of foods =(. But who knows if the farmers bought seeds from elsewhere, will I have to grow my own lettuces? Or shall I go zero carb? Dunno...this is all worrying. Im afraid to eat!

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2011, 03:35:35 pm »
Or shall I go zero carb? Dunno...this is all worrying. Im afraid to eat!

Don't be afraid, we'll all die one day anyway... and if you don't eat you'll die sooner! But if you want to avoid radioactivity, since it concentrates in the food chain, zero carb is a bad plan unless you eat only very small animals such as worms and insects.  ;D
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2011, 06:07:11 pm »
Don't be afraid, we'll all die one day anyway... and if you don't eat you'll die sooner! But if you want to avoid radioactivity, since it concentrates in the food chain, zero carb is a bad plan unless you eat only very small animals such as worms and insects.  ;D

This man bangs the drum with a truth stick. it is rumoured -at least here in Denmark- that the actual mortality rate is as much as 100%.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 07:03:07 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2011, 09:55:45 pm »
But those are all pittance damage to what this Japan earthquake / tsunami has done and still doing.

Coming by this thread to wish you, the Japanese people and everyone safety in this. 

Why do we have nuclear plants?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2011, 12:36:58 am »
This man bangs the drum with a truth stick. it is rumoured -at least here in Denmark- that the actual mortality rate is as much as 100%.

OH, really!?

May I offer you my sincere condolences?

I guess it's the dairy...

Löwenherz

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2011, 07:23:28 pm »
Does anyone know the death count from Fukishiama nuclear explosion and radiation? I know people will change the numbers, but I already read like 15 elder died from the radiation and I estimate over 100 people have died already from it or more, could be thousands who knows or up to millions in total from cancer or radiation poisoning in the future.

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2011, 02:37:57 am »
I guess it's the dairy...

;D

On Japan, the last thing I heard in the press here is that they are considering just filling the things up with sand on concrete and hope it goes away. The chernobyl method pretty much.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2011, 01:39:28 am »
;D

On Japan, the last thing I heard in the press here is that they are considering just filling the things up with sand on concrete and hope it goes away. The chernobyl method pretty much.

If they manage to prevent a big meltdown or explosion, I guess that in some weeks nobody can remember this accident. Nobody talks about the Gulf of Mexico today.

Our children will EAT all toxins we are creating now.

I always have to think about ANIMAL FATS. Think of an ox, grazing two years on huge grasslands, accumulating all the toxins in his fat tissue. Raw paleo low carbers should be the best environmentalists and I guess that most of us are living more eco-friendly than SAD eaters...

Löwenherz

Offline riy freeman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2011, 02:02:38 am »
Oh really? There's one crucial difference. Tons of people died in this event, unlike the oil spill.

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2011, 04:56:11 am »

Radiation Fallout Protection(Aajonus version): http://www.wewant2live.com/site/811618/page/1840437

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2011, 02:48:14 pm »
Yesterday, there were two federal state elections in Germany...

BERLIN, March 27 (Reuters) - Japan's nuclear disaster helped lift Germany's anti-nuclear Greens off the opposition benches and into the seat of power of the country's richest state on Sunday with an unprecedented surge of popularity.

In a stunning victory, the Greens ousted Chancellor Angela Merkel's party in the industrial state of Baden-Wuerttemberg, which the conservatives have ruled for 58 consecutive years. The Greens also beat their traditional allies, the Social Democrats.

"This is a historic turning point in Greens history," said party co-leader Claudia Roth at celebrations in Berlin after an ear-splitting cheer went out at 6 p.m. as exit polls showed the Greens had enough support to win the state premier's office.

Founded 31 years ago as a colourful band of peaceniks and anti-nuclear activists (...)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/27/germany-election-greens-idUSLDE72Q0KS20110327

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2011, 06:01:19 pm »
Radiation Fallout Protection(Aajonus version): http://www.wewant2live.com/site/811618/page/1840437

We need the help of organic iodine extracts.
We should extract the iodine from the kelp so we get organic iodine.
Barefoot Herbalist MH makes tree iodine extracts.

Good for AAjonus he can digest dairy, his diet is 60% dairy, which I cannot follow so I'll have to take my chances with other raw animal foods.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2011, 09:51:05 pm »
I can't believe that anyone could be fooled by the notion of radioactivity from those reactors harming people 100s of miles away in Japan, let alone 1000s of miles abroad. And Aajonus's radiation "prevention/cure" is equally ridiculous.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 03:16:11 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2011, 02:32:36 pm »
Strong Aftershock Jolts Japan; Workers at Nuclear Plant Take Cover

A big aftershock is thought to pose an additional risk to the Fukushima plant because its containment structures, now filled with water that is highly radioactive, may be more vulnerable to rupture, according to an assessment by the United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission in late March.

The temblor has also underscored the sensitivity of other power plants in the region to seismic shocks.

Two other nuclear facilities — a fuel reprocessing plant at Rokkasho and a power plant at Higashidori, both in northern Aomori Prefecture — ran temporarily on emergency diesel generators after their external power was knocked out. Grid power was restored at both plants on Friday morning, according to Japan’s nuclear regulator, the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency.

The single reactor at Higashidori is shut down for maintenance, and all nuclear fuel had been transferred to the facility’s spent fuel pool, which are being cooled by back-up diesel power, according to the operator, Tohoku Electric.

A third site, the Onagawa Nuclear Power Station in Miyagi Prefecture, lost two of its three external power systems, and cooling stopped temporarily at a spent fuel pool there, Tohoku Electric said. All three plants have been shut down since the March 11 quake, but power is needed to cool the nuclear fuel.

The aftershock hit at 11:32 p.m. local time and was centered 41 miles east of Sendai, 72 miles from Fukushima and 205 miles from Tokyo, officials said. It was about 30 miles below the ocean floor, about 10 miles deeper than the March 11 quake. Hundreds of aftershocks have followed the initial quake, but Thursday’s was the strongest, according to the United States Geological Survey.

The police say about 12,600 people have died as a result of the March 11 earthquake and tsunami. More than 14,700 are listed as missing.

Early Thursday, before the quake struck, nearly 240 police officers from Tokyo and about 100 from Fukushima Prefecture fanned out wearing protective suits in a search of bodies in the 12-mile evacuation zone around the Daiichi plant, according to Mikio Murakoshi, a police spokesman. Japanese and American soldiers conducted a huge search for the missing last weekend, but avoided the evacuation zone because of the radiation risk. But Mr. Murakoshi said radiation levels had dropped.

Still, concerns about the plant remain high. The Nuclear Regulatory Commission speculated Wednesday that some of the core of the No. 2 reactor had flowed from its steel pressure vessel into the bottom of the containment structure. The theory implies more damage at the unit than previously believed.

While a spokeswoman for Tokyo Electric dismissed the analysis, a spokesman for the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency of Japan agreed that it was possible that the core had leaked into the larger containment vessel.

The possibility raised new questions. The Nuclear Regulator Commission said that its speculation about the flow of core material out of the reactor vessel would explain high radiation readings in an area underneath, called the drywell.

But some of the radiation readings at Reactors Nos. 1 and 3 over the last week were nearly as high as or higher than the 3,300 rems per hour that the commission said it was trying to explain, so it would appear that the speculation would apply to them as well. At No. 2, extremely radioactive material continues to ooze out of the reactor pressure vessel, and the leak is likely to widen with time, a western nuclear executive asserted.

“It’s a little like pulling a thread out of your tie,” said the executive, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to protect business connections in Japan. “Any breach gets bigger.”

Flashes of extremely intense radioactivity have become a serious problem, he said. Tokyo Electric’s difficulties in providing accurate information on radiation are not a result of software problems, as some Japanese officials have suggested, but stem from damage to measurement instruments caused by radiation, the executive said.

Broken pieces of fuel rods have been found outside of Reactor No. 2, and are now being covered with bulldozers, he said. The pieces may be from rods in the spent-fuel pools that were flung out by hydrogen explosions.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2011, 09:07:31 pm »
An article about some of the history and possibility of future quakes.

Amazing that in deep water tsunamies travel at the speed of a jetliner.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/british-columbia/canadas-next-big-quake-its-overdue-and-we-arent-ready/article1977182/page2/
Cheers
Al

Offline quietmule

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
    • The Crumbs of Society
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2011, 07:42:05 am »
We need the help of organic iodine extracts.
We should extract the iodine from the kelp so we get organic iodine.
Barefoot Herbalist MH makes tree iodine extracts.

Good for AAjonus he can digest dairy, his diet is 60% dairy, which I cannot follow so I'll have to take my chances with other raw animal foods.

So according to Aajonus, if we eat lots of dairy then the radiation will go away. But since most milk now is showing signs of having iodine contamination, would the dairy even detox at all if it itself is radioactive?

Also, which do you guys think is worse: Eating radioactive raw grassfed meat, or eating organic non contaminated cooked grains.

"Fresh milk and creamy cheeses, as well as meat from cattle that have been outside eating grass, are categorised as foods that may have been indirectly contaminated and must also be monitored."

Heres the article:

http://www.euractiv.com/en/health/radiation-risks-fukushima-longer-negligible-news-503947

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
The disaster at Fukushima Daiichi is going on
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2011, 01:55:33 am »
Also, which do you guys think is worse: Eating radioactive raw grassfed meat, or eating organic non contaminated cooked grains.
It depends, of course, on how much radioactive the meat is !

Back to Fukushima Daiichi :
No one knows what to do

Saturday, April 30, 2011
#Fukushima I Nuke Plant: Ishikawa of JNTI Talks about Reactor Core Conditions

More on 77-year-old Michio Ishikawa of the Japan Nuclear Technology Institute on the situation at Fukushima I Nuke Plant, as he appeared on Asahi TV on April 29.

As I watched the video, I started to like Mr. Ishikawa, who continues to believe in the safety of nuclear power generation. He didn't mince his words, and said what they are doing at Fukushima I Nuke Plant is not working. That surprised some, including the host of the show, as Ishikawa is known as a strong proponent for the nuclear power generation and the nuclear industry.

I watched the segment (video No.2 out of 11) where he discussed the situation at Fukushima I Nuke Plant, particularly about the condition of the reactor core.

Here's what I'd add to the snippets on my previous post. (My summary translation of what Mr. Ishikawa said, not literal; my comment in square bracket):

About TEPCO's "roadmap:

"I believe what they are trying to achieve after 9 months is to cool the reactor cores and solidify them so that no radioactive materials can escape. But they are just doing peripheral tricks like water entombment and nitrogen gas injection. Nitrogen gas, it's dangerous, by the way.

"What they must do is to cool the reactor cores, and there's no way around it. It has to be done somehow."

About the condition of the reactor cores:

"I believe the fuel rods are completely melted. They may already have escaped the pressure vessel. Yes, they say 55% or 30%, but I believe they are all melted down. When the fuel rods melt, they melt from the middle part on down.

(Showing the diagram) "I think the temperature inside the melted core is 2000 degrees to 2000 and several hundred degrees Celsius. A crust has formed on the surface where the water hits. Decay heat is 2000 to 3000 kilowatts, and through the cracks on the crust the radioactive materials (mostly noble gas and iodine) are escaping into the air.

"Volatile gas has almost all escaped from the reactor by now.

"The water [inside the pressure vessel] is highly contaminated with uranium, plutonium, cesium, cobalt, in the concentration we've never seen before.

"My old colleague contacted me and shared his calculation with me. At the decay heat of 2000 kilowatt... There's a substance called cobalt 60. Highly radioactive, needs 1 to 1.5 meter thick shields. It kills people at 1000 curies. He calculated that there are 10 million curies of cobalt-60 in the reactor core. If 10% of cobalt-60 in the core dissolve into water, it's 1 million curies."

[He's an old-timer so he's used to curie instead of becquerel as a unit. 1 curie equals 3.7 x 10^10 becquerels (37,000,000,000 becquerels or 37 gigabecquerels).
    10 million curies equals 370,000 terabecquerels, and 1 million curies equals 37,000 terabecquerels. I used this conversion table. Tell me I'm wrong! Cobalt-60 alone would make a Level 7 disaster...]

"They (TEPCO) want to circulate this highly contaminated water to cool the reactor core. Even if they are able to set up the circulation system, it will be a very difficult task to shield the radiation. It will be a very difficult work to build the system, but it has to be done.

"It is imperative to know the current condition of the reactor cores. It is my assumption [that the cores have melted], but wait one day, and we have water more contaminated with radioactive materials. This is a war, and we need to build a "bridgehead" at the reactor itself instead of fooling around with the turbine buildings or transporting contaminated water."

[As Ishikawa explains, a notable opponent of nuclear power, Tetsunari Iida (executive director of the Institute of Sustainable Energy Policy and Kyoto University graduate majoring in nuclear science) nods in deep agreement.]

About "war" at Fukushima I Nuke Plant:

"Take the debris clean-up job for example. They are picking up the debris and putting them in containers, as if this is the peacetime normal operation. This is a war. They should dig a hole somewhere and bury the radioactive debris and clean up later. What's important is to clear the site, using the emergency measures. Build a bridgehead to the reactor.

"The line of command is not clear, whether it is the government, TEPCO, or Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency.

"Look squarely at the reactors and find out the true situation. [Trying to do something with] the turbine buildings is nothing but a caricature [a joke, a manga, a diversion]."

The show's host says "But wait a minute, Mr. Ishikawa, you are a proponent of nuclear power and we expected to hear from you that everything is going well at Fukushima..."

Mr. Ishikawa answers, "Well, if I'm allowed to tell a lie..."

Now, Mr. Tetsunari Iida speaks, agreeing to Mr. Ishikawa's "war" analogy:

"I totally agree with Mr. Ishikawa's assessment of the plant, and that this is a war. The government simply orders TEPCO to "do it". But it is like the Imperial General Headquarters (???) on the eve of the Sea of Japan Naval Battle during the Russo-Japanese War [in 1905] ordering merchant ship TEPCO to attack [the imperial Russian navy].

"The government should appoint a commander. TEPCO has a limit as a private business. No one knows what to do. We have to seek the advice from the best and the brightest in the world."

Mr. Hasegawa of Chunichi Shinbun jumps in, and says "We took the numbers from the government like 30% core melt as true, and went from there. But then Mr. Ishikawa says it's a total melt."

Then, Kohei Otsuka, the Vice Minister of Health and Welfare and politician from the ruling party (DPJ), sitting right next to Mr. Ishikawa, butts in, and warns everyone:

"Since none of us knows for sure the condition of the reactor cores, we shouldn't speculate on a national TV."

Mr. Hasegawa overrides the politician, and says "The real problem is that what no one knows is presented to us every day as if it is a fact, like 30% core melt in the chart."

A video follows, but it's in Japanese.

And an other article here
Fukushima I Nuke Plant: Japan Nuclear Technology Institute Senior Advisor Says "Reactors 1, 2, 3 All Had Complete Meltdown"
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 02:02:21 am by Iguana »

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2011, 02:04:12 am »
I believe that our future is accurately described in the bible...

Here is an interesting interview from last week with Arnie Gundersen about the current situation in Fukushima:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxWtbpj0cvM&feature=related

Löwenherz

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2011, 04:26:45 am »
Thanks Löwenherz. I hadn't seen that one, but a previous one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3T_bTPmDC8&feature=player_embedded

Arnold Gundersen http://www.fairewinds.com/content/who-we-are  
Arnie is an energy advisor with 39-years of nuclear power engineering experience. A former nuclear industry senior vice president, he earned his Bachelor's and Master's Degrees in nuclear engineering, holds a nuclear safety patent, and was a licensed reactor operator. During his nuclear industry career, Arnie managed and coordinated projects at 70-nuclear power plants around the country. He currently speaks on television, radio, and at public meetings on the need for a new paradigm in energy production. An independent nuclear engineering and safety expert, Arnie provides testimony on nuclear operations, reliability, safety, and radiation issues to the NRC, Congressional and State Legislatures, and Government Agencies and Officials throughout the US, Canada, and internationally. In 2008, he was appointed by the Vermont Senate President to be the first Chair of the Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Plant Oversight Panel. He has testified in numerous cases and before many different legislative bodies including the Czech Republic Senate. Using knowledge from his Masters Thesis on Cooling Towers, Arnie analyzed and predicted problems with Vermont Yankee’s cooling towers three years prior to their 2007 collapse. His Environmental Court testimony concerned available and economically viable alternatives to cooling towers in order to reduce consumptive water use and the ecological damage caused by cooling tower drift and heated effluents. As the former vice president in an engineering organization, Arnie led the team of engineers who developed the plans for decommissioning Shippingport, the first major nuclear power plant in the US to be fully dismantled. He was also an invited author on the first DOE Decommissioning Handbook. Source term reconstruction is a method of forensic engineering used to calculate radiation releases from various nuclear facilities after nuclear incidents or accidents. Arnie is frequently called upon by public officials, attorneys, and intervenors, to perform source term reconstructions. His source term reconstruction efforts vary. Arnie has calculated exposures to oil workers, who received radiation exposure while working on wells. He has also calculated radiation releases to children with health concerns, who live near a nuclear facility, like the one that carted radioactive sewage off-site and spread it on farmers' fields. Finally, he has performed an accurate source term construction of the radiation releases from the Three Mile Island nuclear accident. Also involved in his local community, Arnie has been a part-time math professor at Community College of Vermont (CCV) since 2007. He also taught high school physics and mathematics for 13 years and was an instructor at RPI's college reactor lab.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2011, 04:56:48 am »

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2011, 02:39:45 am »

Thank you! Nuclear power is completely INSANE, isn't it? The next big earthquakes are waiting.

1. Uranium mining                       kills people and contaminates biosphere
2. Nuclear power plant operation   kills people and contaminates biosphere
3. Nuclear waste                        WILL kill people and contaminate biosphere and groundwater worldwide

Some time ago I have read some artcles about uranium and the knowledge of indigenous people in Africa. They said for example that opening the earth at uranium depots will cause deep wounds (in mother earth) with very harmful consequences (misfortune) for all people around. etc. Where did they get their knowledge from?

Obviously the devil is real...

Löwenherz

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2011, 04:45:39 am »
Thank you! Nuclear power is completely INSANE, isn't it? The next big earthquakes are waiting.

Of course it is. Apocalypse is prepaid and ready to happen.

Using regular fire to cook food is already insane, and now they need nuclear fire to generate the electricity they use in food processing factories, for deep freezing food, cooking food and dishwashers...

-d

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk