Author Topic: Japanese QUake  (Read 31754 times)

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Japanese QUake
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2011, 07:40:22 pm »
Using regular fire to cook food is already insane, and now they need nuclear fire to generate the electricity they use in food processing factories, for deep freezing food, cooking food and dishwashers...

LOL!  :D

BTW: Have you read Greek mythology about fire and the use of fire by humans? Very interesting/fascinating...

Löwenherz

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2011, 09:00:06 pm »
I didn't read much of it, but GCB has underlined that it concurs with modern scientific findings about the toxicity of cooked food. He's very knowledgeable about mythology.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Fukushima : a ticking time bomb
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2011, 02:44:26 pm »
The nightmare is not over, this is a ticking time bomb. (VIDEO)
Michio Kaku, Theoretical Physics Professor, CUNY

Famed physicist Michio Kaku says the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster in Japan is worse than originally thought.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2011, 04:28:49 pm »
Japanese people are going to all look worse than Chernobyl victims.
Plus the fact that many reclaimed land is now being reclaimed by the sea, Japan is sinking.

Economically, other countries will say "nyet" to Japanese exports for fear of radiation.

The shit already hit the fan when the whole shebang began.  The forum people at godlikeproductions.com already knew the media game they were playing.  Of course their PR people do what needs to be done in cases like these, that's their job.

www.rense.com monitors the Fukushima news quite well.

I'm thankful our Philippine protestors faught tooth and nail to stop our own nuclear power plant from operating.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2011, 05:53:24 pm »
Didn't know Elliot Spitzer was a journalist now. The Irony.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2011, 08:47:51 pm »
Japanese people are going to all look worse than Chernobyl victims.

Insanity goes on:

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/C-Dutch_nuclear_plant_to_be_30pc_German_owned-1705117.html

Are nuclear power plants symptoms of a human mental disease caused by eating grains, sugar, alcohol, dairy, grain fed meats, vegetable oils and fast food?

Löwenherz

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2012, 11:00:56 pm »
I received this from a Yahoo group, thought I'd post it. I cannot speak for it's accuracy. Seems a bit reactionary but.....

"From what I've read about Fukushima (this month) if they don't get better control of the situation or if there's another large earthquake, the US will be hit with so much radiation that it may not be worth living. Possibly most of the world eventually.

Go to YouTube and watch Arnie Gundersen'a videos on Fukushima (one of the world's most renowned experts on the construction of nuclear power plants). Don't expect the TV news to tell us what's up. CNN has put a lid on this.

You need more supplements than that. I thought I sent out links to the files that discuss this a few weeks ago.

Miso
Seaweed and/or spirulina

Best taken now, not later. The miso cannot be added to food that is hot enough to kill enzymes. Miso Master is what I ordered (at my local health food store). Because it's one of the few that contains sun dried sea salt (not bogus "sea salt" that's actually refined). One tablespoon daily.

I'm taking 30 tiny chlorella tablets daily because someone convinced me that it's even more effective than spirulina (not sure thought).

The miso and seaweed kept people from dying after the atomic bomb hit Nakasaki, Japan (and they are only a mile away!). And some survived until a few years ago or are still alive. By friend in Japan verified that this really happened. Not a fluke either since there were dozens of people on this particular diet and they all survived.

The spirulina was said to be very effective in treating radiation poisoning after Chernobyl (even when eyeballs were bulging out of their sockets). Sorry if I already said this. Just figured you missed this message.

I'd include sodium alginate too (or Agar Agar). Kelp is high in this, although I can't stand the taste of kelp. Supposedly Chlorella was also used in Russia for the Chernobyl victims.

At least these were actually used for victims of nuclear radiation"
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2012, 11:08:24 pm »
The above is insane drivel. I used to see such conspiracy-theory nonsense all over the place - it's primarily a tactic used by alternative-health companies to scare people into buying crap supplements of no value whatsoever. Previously, the fake hype involved mention of Czernobyl or whatever latest minor, decidedly local, disaster there was , now Fukushima is the newest con.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2012, 11:19:39 pm »
The above is insane drivel. I used to see such conspiracy-theory nonsense all over the place - it's primarily a tactic used by alternative-health companies to scare people into buying crap supplements of no value whatsoever. Previously, the fake hype involved mention of Czernobyl or whatever latest minor, decidedly local, disaster there was , now Fukushima is the newest con.

Tyler,

Sometimes you remind me of AV.  ;)

This rant which may or may not be accurate, reminds me of your mercury rant and the 'studies' you posted about - fish in the Seychelles/mercury content.

It's easy to recognize your rants, they contain words like;

'insane drivel'
'conspiracy-theory'
'nonsense'
'all over the place'
'tactic'
etc.

I am not sure they can be considered helpful to a discussion.

This Youtube is helpful. These guys (two Canadians as it turns out) actually did the footwork, did the testing, wrote an honest to goodness book with facts, figures and logic. The book is called "Death By Rubber Duck" and amongst other things gives facts about mercury in fish.

Slow Death By Rubber Duck
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2012, 11:51:43 pm »
What you don't like to admit is that the reason for my use of strong language is that I have already time and again on here and other forums referred to scientific studies which backed up my claims, so I tend to get annoyed when people resurrect such claims, after having clearly not read my scientific references. Take the mercury-in-fish-nonsense in which I cited a famous study fully debunking the whole silly notion, plus a comparison of that study with another re validity, plus I cited the fishscam.com website which pointed out further numerous flaws. Come to think of it, very, very few others here do cite studies on a regular basis to back up their claims. PP and I are the only ones who do so on a frequent basis.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2012, 12:41:26 am »
What you don't like to admit is that the reason for my use of strong language is that I have already time and again on here and other forums referred to scientific studies which backed up my claims, so I tend to get annoyed when people resurrect such claims, after having clearly not read my scientific references. Take the mercury-in-fish-nonsense in which I cited a famous study fully debunking the whole silly notion, plus a comparison of that study with another re validity, plus I cited the fishscam.com website which pointed out further numerous flaws. Come to think of it, very, very few others here do cite studies on a regular basis to back up their claims. PP and I are the only ones who do so on a frequent basis.
Apparently it isn't nonsense. Those guys did the science and proved it. Did you not see the vid.

Doesn't mean I will stop eating the fish. I like tuna. I bought a huge chunk of it when I was in Houston last year.

I think AV says that the mercury has been assimilated by the fish and is in some kind of a form that is OK for consumption. I have no idea if he is making it up as he does have that tendency, but no doubt there are some who have huge problems with mercury. I got my fillings removed and replaced with some other gunk. I noticed the difference as did my wife when she had her amalgam removed. It makes sense, as it is a powerful antibiotic.

I agree that there is silliness posted here but the youtube I posted shows that there is mercury in fish and it shows up in our blood. Just regular wild stuff he got at the store. As to where the mercury originally came from who knows. It's not like we invented mercury, it's a natural substance.

Ayurveda uses it in a highly modified form as a sexually energizer or to increase potency. I have no way of determining if that is bogus also. There was a period in around the 1600s when Ayurveda started experimenting with heavy metals in their pharmaceuticals. However, they were/are prepared in a  very specific way, so they were not like what comes out of the ground.

I am OK with your rants and presumably you are OK with mine. I have my moments also when I say things that are marginal at best. I like what you say, whether I agree with it is another matter.

You force me to examine things and I like that. I would not have noticed the bit in that vid about mercury had you not brought it up before.

Thats why I posted that email. I want to hear what others think of it and I appreciate your thoughts.
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2012, 01:58:17 am »
*sigh* This is easily all debunked using some simple common sense:-

1) A youtube video has far, far less credibility than a scientific study featured in prominent scientific magazines, like the long-lasting Rochester University Seychelles study. In the case of the latter study, it showed conclusively that Seychelles islanders (who eat 10 times as much seafood than the average American) did not get any health-problems at all, however minor, from all the mercury they ingested. Indeed, if you checked that study, you would find that the relevant children actually gained a bit in terms of neurological activity.Also, bear in mind that the youtube video scientists merely talked extremely vaguely about levels of pollutants existing in every human body. What they conveniently neglected to mention is that each human body contains microscopic amounts of almost every toxin in the environment, such as uranium, for example -yet, mysteriously and hypocritically, none of the anti-mercury people go on about uranium and all the other harmful substances that have been present in human bodies since the dawn of time in microscopic amounts found in nature . Now these levels are in such tiny amounts that they have no effect on the human body. Then there is the fact that those denouncing mercury will not admit that government RDA levels/targets are completely arbitrary and usually set way, way below the actual threshold where harmful symptoms start appearing,just so as to avoid any chance at all of potential side-effects.

3) Mercury-amalgam/vaccines issues. These have been comprehensively debunked by numerous studies, so waste of time to bring them up. I also had my mercury fillings removed - that did nothing for me. Granted, some people will always feel a fake placebo-like effect after removal of mercury amalgams, but that means nothing, of course.

4) AV has no proof re his contention that raw fish protects against mercury. Maybe a tiny bit, perhaps, but the Minamata Bay Incident( the japanese prefer eating their fish raw) shows that a diet consisting partially of raw seafood is no protection against mercury when it is dumped in the form of many thousands of gallons into a bay.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2012, 02:51:08 am »
When it comes to mercury in amalgams I am choosing to believe the alternative dentist (I mean really alternative -the has a dental "spa" where you get your feet rubbed while they clean your teeth kind of alternative) who has been in the business a very long time who could have charged me tens of thousands of dollars to remove my amalgams like others wanted to - but instead told me that when the amalgams are as old as mine it would make no difference. I wish I never got them by being fed a better diet when I was a youngin' - but can't do anything about that now and I'm into not doing anything that I have not been truly convinced will help because every time you change something new risks can come up.

That being said................... I LOVE eating seaweed and miso and chlorella and spirulina! Makes my body so happy. I don't know if it's because of nuclear catastrophes, amalgams or not........ but I get my seaweed from this dude up in Maine that goes out and hand collects it from pristine waters and sun dries it. Oh my - good stuff. And my favorite miso on the planet is South River. The glass jars I use forever too - perfect shape - trying to buy as few things in plastic as possible. Whether or not I'm in danger is not the important thing to me - it's that my body WANTS these things and delights in them.

When something actually works for us as individuals there's no reason to have to debunk it which is a relief with so much controversy. I mean - just about everything has people claiming things on one side and debunking it on the other side. Tyler is right too that placebo can account for so much.  It can get so confusing! There comes a time where you just have to trust yourself.

Offline gc

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2012, 05:56:52 am »
Unless I'm mistaken, it was the elevated iodine content in what they ate that protected them / reversed much of their radiation sickness. It's what I read. Don't remember where, but many times over many years. Hence the seaweed.. actually love seaweed., but never eat it due to not being anywhere near an ocean since september.
insert signature here

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2012, 07:03:17 am »
Unless I'm mistaken, it was the elevated iodine content in what they ate that protected them / reversed much of their radiation sickness. It's what I read. Don't remember where, but many times over many years. Hence the seaweed.. actually love seaweed., but never eat it due to not being anywhere near an ocean since september.

Yeah - it was the iodine - makes it so that the thyroid isn't iodine deficient therefore thyroid doesn't absorb the "bad" iodines - at least that's what I heard too gc.

Certain seaweeds are the supposedly the best - but I just eat a big mixture.

Offline gc

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2012, 07:58:30 am »
Spose that's one case that's pro-supplementation.
insert signature here

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk