Author Topic: Is an x-ray safe?  (Read 2114 times)

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
Is an x-ray safe?
« on: March 13, 2011, 07:41:22 am »
Right now I think i've broken, fractured, or sprained my foot and to make sure I wanted to get an x-ray. But i'm still worried about the radiation even if i'm wearing a lead jacket (which would probably pose problems too).

Are x-rays as well as lead jackets safe and/or paleo? And I heard there was this organic or vegan pill by some raw food company to take before x-rays to neutralize or block the radiation or something.

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Is an x-ray safe?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 12:38:27 pm »
http://www.xrayrisk.com/calculator/calculator.php

Here is a good calculator for radiation exposure. Since you are only x raying your foot, there should be very little consequence. If I had one foot x-ray, I would receive 0.01mSv. (Wow. It's NOTHING. XD) The only concern would be when you are having a full body/abdominal/back x ray because your vital systems are being exposed.

I think the supplement you are talking about is astaxanthin. It's an extremely powerful antioxidant; it protects against DNA damage. It's also an EXCELLENT internal sunscreen. I like to tan in the nude a lot, and with astaxanthin my skin has become very resistant to redness/burning/peeling. There was a huge difference even on about 1.25mg/day. I don't take the isolated form but the isolated forms usually have much higher doses 4-8mg/pill. The krill oil I happen to take has a significant amount of it.

Screw iodide pills. This will probably do much more good for the people on the coast if radiation actually turns out to be bad.

Some good natural food sources: Salmon, shrimp, krill. (It is why they are orange. Farm raised salmon is pale because it doesn't receive much of this nutrient.)

I would think that vitamin E(tocopherol/tocotrienol) would also have a protective effect. It would be much less effective though.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 12:58:54 pm by CHK91 »
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
Re: Is an x-ray safe?
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 02:44:04 pm »
http://www.xrayrisk.com/calculator/calculator.php

Here is a good calculator for radiation exposure. Since you are only x raying your foot, there should be very little consequence. If I had one foot x-ray, I would receive 0.01mSv. (Wow. It's NOTHING. XD) The only concern would be when you are having a full body/abdominal/back x ray because your vital systems are being exposed.

I think the supplement you are talking about is astaxanthin. It's an extremely powerful antioxidant; it protects against DNA damage. It's also an EXCELLENT internal sunscreen. I like to tan in the nude a lot, and with astaxanthin my skin has become very resistant to redness/burning/peeling. There was a huge difference even on about 1.25mg/day. I don't take the isolated form but the isolated forms usually have much higher doses 4-8mg/pill. The krill oil I happen to take has a significant amount of it.

Screw iodide pills. This will probably do much more good for the people on the coast if radiation actually turns out to be bad.

Some good natural food sources: Salmon, shrimp, krill. (It is why they are orange. Farm raised salmon is pale because it doesn't receive much of this nutrient.)

I would think that vitamin E(tocopherol/tocotrienol) would also have a protective effect. It would be much less effective though.

Awesome info thanks! I also heard the orange/red orange hue in salmon and shrimp was like a carotenoid or something too? But this is interesting too I always like the medicinal effects of my food so this is great!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk