Author Topic: Blood Type  (Read 9621 times)

Offline DangerousDashie

• Forager
    • View Profile
Blood Type
« on: March 16, 2011, 11:35:34 am »
I recently found out My blood type is A. I've been reading that A's are better suited to be vegatarians and O's are meant for the paleo diet. do I have to become a pussy vegetarian now?

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Blood Type
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 12:22:55 pm »
A type? Skip vegetarianism go straight to veganism filled with lots of whole grains and beans :).

Seriously though this discussion has been talked to death on this forum. Theres no science to it, we are humans we should eat a human diet. Heres one of the many discussions already started
http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/infonews-items/cordain-newsletter-criticising-blood-type-diets/
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 03:38:43 pm »
I recently found out My blood type is A. I've been reading that A's are better suited to be vegatarians and O's are meant for the paleo diet. do I have to become a pussy vegetarian now?

My blood type is A, too. The vegan path was disastrous, to make a long story short.

Many animals of one species also show different blood types but they ALWAYS eat exactly the same food.

But pussy vegetarians are nice. They lower the meat prices. So, feel free to become a pussy vegetarian. Eat some grass and enjoy your new spirituality!

Löwenherz

Offline Caveman

• Bear Hunter
  • Man of the cave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 05:48:21 pm »
I'm currently experimenting with the blood type idea after discovering I am also blood type A (negative).

So far, I've found there really is something to it for some people, others not so much. Personally, I almost perfectly fit the description given by Dadamo for our blood type. After a few months of eating raw beef, I found out that it is indeed not good for my body.

How do you feel eating beef and other foods not recommended for your blood type?

Try eating turkey, chicken, wild game and/or fish. Fish in general re probably more preferable to turkey and chicken, especially if eating raw, but these meats are supposed to be the most tolerable for our blood type. The theory that we produce very low stomach acid really makes sense in every aspect for me. I am even very sensitive to acidic foods.

I love Raw Paleo and believe it is the most optimal diet for most people, but I also believe in our diversity and blood type A's seem to have a hard time following this ancestral diet.

I am still experimenting, but have added raw, gluten-free oats to my diet for 4 days now and things are going well. I've also been cutting down on raw dairy and introducing more fruits. I am still eating raw egg yolks and make exceptions to eat beef liver when I have a chance. Since I am visiting Europe at the moment, I don't have many good constant or cheap sources of turkey or fish, but I will give these a try upon returning to the U.S. in a few weeks as I'll have better sources.

I suggest you keep looking for foods which make you feel good. I wish I could follow the Raw Paleo diet 100% with good results like most on here, but keep in mind our diversity as humans.

Check these recommendations out. They may help you. http://www.naturalhealthtechniques.com/diet_nutrition/BloodTypeABestZoneChoices.htm

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 04:12:41 am »
Personally, I almost perfectly fit the description given by Dadamo for our blood type. After a few months of eating raw beef, I found out that it is indeed not good for my body.

Bad reactions to beef are not necessarily linked to your blood type. There could many other factors be involved.

Red meat, white meat, beef, pork, fowl, fish, egss all have different effects in your body. Aajonus Vonderplanitz has written about this in his books. It's very interesting to read, albeit his remarks are very briefly.

Obviously your body is demanding more white meat at the moment. I would'nt eat any grains...

Löwenherz

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 04:23:36 am »
I'm currently experimenting with the blood type idea after discovering I am also blood type A (negative).

So far, I've found there really is something to it for some people, others not so much. Personally, I almost perfectly fit the description given by Dadamo for our blood type. After a few months of eating raw beef, I found out that it is indeed not good for my body.

How do you feel eating beef and other foods not recommended for your blood type?

Try eating turkey, chicken, wild game and/or fish. Fish in general re probably more preferable to turkey and chicken, especially if eating raw, but these meats are supposed to be the most tolerable for our blood type. The theory that we produce very low stomach acid really makes sense in every aspect for me. I am even very sensitive to acidic foods.

I love Raw Paleo and believe it is the most optimal diet for most people, but I also believe in our diversity and blood type A's seem to have a hard time following this ancestral diet.

I am still experimenting, but have added raw, gluten-free oats to my diet for 4 days now and things are going well. I've also been cutting down on raw dairy and introducing more fruits. I am still eating raw egg yolks and make exceptions to eat beef liver when I have a chance. Since I am visiting Europe at the moment, I don't have many good constant or cheap sources of turkey or fish, but I will give these a try upon returning to the U.S. in a few weeks as I'll have better sources.

I suggest you keep looking for foods which make you feel good. I wish I could follow the Raw Paleo diet 100% with good results like most on here, but keep in mind our diversity as humans.

Check these recommendations out. They may help you. http://www.naturalhealthtechniques.com/diet_nutrition/BloodTypeABestZoneChoices.htm

Oats can't be gluten free otherwise they are not oats. Also I would rather eat cooked oats than raw, theres a lot of anti-nutrients.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 12:11:52 pm »
most vegetables and grains seem to be more digestible cooked rather then raw.

Offline Caveman

• Bear Hunter
  • Man of the cave
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 04:12:52 pm »
Oats can't be gluten free otherwise they are not oats. Also I would rather eat cooked oats than raw, theres a lot of anti-nutrients.

Not true. Real oats are free of gluten. Mass produced oats contain an abnormal amount of gluten mainly due to contamination.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 09:37:16 pm »
    Ms Dangerous Dashie,

Real A's need lots of pure raw white flesh meat and lots of raw organic animal fat.  The guy who wrote the book you read is an A pussy.  Take it or leave it.

- Ms RawZi

30 straight years ethical vegtarianism/veganism/raw under my belt
    then 5 years mostly raw paleo meat just about every day
    raised on cooked and raw mixed similar to most of you here
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 12:30:40 am »
   Real A's need lots of pure raw white flesh meat and lots of raw organic animal fat.

RawZi,

is this just pure speculation or can you give us some more information?

Wild or grass fed white meat usually doesn't contain much fat. Even a wild duck is relatively lean. So, what kind of animal fat do you recommend to"real A's"? Please don't say BUTTER..

Löwenherz

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 04:14:37 am »
RawZi,

Wild or grass fed white meat usually doesn't contain much fat. Even a wild duck is relatively lean. So, what kind of animal fat do you recommend to"real A's"? Please don't say BUTTER..

Löwenherz

I disagree I know that wild duck has a good amount of fat, not sure of others.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 04:47:42 am »
    Duck brain.    

Mostly observation.

RawZi,

Löwenherz

"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 01:20:28 am »
I disagree I know that wild duck has a good amount of fat, not sure of others.

Are you sure that it was really wild?

All the ducks I get from hunters have very lean flesh with just a thin layer of fat under the skin.

As soon as ducks get some grain they become super fat. But I will talk with some hunters about this topic again...

Löwenherz

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 01:21:38 am »
   Duck brain.    

But it's tiny. You would need 20 whole wild ducks at leat to make a meal of brain... ?

Löwenherz

Offline DangerousDashie

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 01:52:29 pm »

I suggest you keep looking for foods which make you feel good.

I do not feel a difference in the things I eat short term with the exception of when i eat real sugary fatty junky food. but thanks and thanks to everyone for responding. I think I might adapt to a raw blood type diet. I read that A's can still eat fish and eggs which is good enough for me.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 01:57:35 pm by DangerousDashie »

Offline Caveman

• Bear Hunter
  • Man of the cave
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 09:24:38 pm »
I do not feel a difference in the things I eat short term with the exception of when i eat real sugary fatty junky food. but thanks and thanks to everyone for responding. I think I might adapt to a raw blood type diet. I read that A's can still eat fish and eggs which is good enough for me.

You might also want to try turkey..

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2011, 04:57:48 pm »

I experienced similar issues.  My health improved tremendously eating raw animal foods, but I had little appetite/no hunger when eating only lamb and beef (including organs).  I healed but also lost weight and felt lethargic and tired.  I just added non-glutenous grains to my diet and have experienced a boost in energy, and will be getting raw dairy beginning next week.

I also have problems with acidic foods.  I had pineapple a week ago and thought I was going to die, I had incredible stomach pains.

Right now, in addition to the grains I am also eating some low-sugar and starchy fruit, berries, beef liver (the last of my organs), fish and seafood and eggs. I also find eggs and fish/seafood to be the easiest to digest.  

The problem is, I have no idea what my blood type is.   -[

But here is an interesting link that is related to blood type:

http://www.aboblood.com/

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 10:58:10 pm »

30 straight years ethical vegtarianism/veganism/raw under my belt
    then 5 years mostly raw paleo meat just about every day
    raised on cooked and raw mixed similar to most of you here
OK that's new for me what is an "ethical vegetarianism/veganism/raw"

I was a eater of vege matter for about 23 years.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 11:01:12 pm by TylerDurden »
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk