Author Topic: Strange side-effect of eating lamb  (Read 16696 times)

Offline Dima

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Strange side-effect of eating lamb
« on: March 27, 2011, 03:52:40 pm »
My urine smells like lamb(!) when I consume 200-300 grams of lamb meat every day. Anybody else notice this? Is this a sign of a problem?

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Strange side-effect of eating lamb
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 04:59:46 pm »
Could be either that this lamb is not 100% correct or that you eat too much of it, too often. Eating everyday the same meat should be avoided and you'd better expand and vary your choice of food.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Online goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 05:08:23 pm »
Listen to Iguana.
Don't you get sick of eating the same monotonous thing every day?
I also get into stretches of eating the same thing like beef or horse but after a week or two I don't want it anymore and switch to something else.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 08:34:54 pm »
one dude who drank his urine once reported that it tastes and smells like your last meal.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 09:39:00 pm »
My urine smells like lamb(!) when I consume 200-300 grams of lamb meat every day. Anybody else notice this? Is this a sign of a problem?

Yes, I noticed this too. Urine smells like concentrated lamb every time after eating lamb.

I don't think that this is necessarily a bad thing. If I eat papaya my urine smells like papaya, always. And many years ago, on a cooked food diet, my urine smelled very special every time after eating asparagus. Durian also causes a special smell if I remember correctly.

So, I guess it's normal. Any other views?

Löwenherz

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 02:54:18 am »
Yeah I think I noticed a lamish sent from the toilet bowl after eating lamb for consecutive days. It has a distinct aroma that is much stronger than the bland smell of beef based urine.

I would usually go through a whole lamb within two weeks and then start eating beef again, so I would never get fully saturated with lamb odor. I do eat a lot of lamb suet, and what I get doesn't have the same smell as lamb meat or organs. Its something in the meat that must be giving it its odor.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 04:17:07 am »
When I eat beef my pee smells of biscuits.

Offline Dima

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 04:48:30 am »
Thanks for the encouraging replies. I was a bit concerned since I didn't notice this phenomenon with any other foods. I stick with lamb for the most part because it's the most easily obtainable grass-fed meat for me.

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 01:15:30 pm »
I have recently been eating lots of beef organs and my feces smell like raw beef.

Offline Grey-Cup

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 10:35:22 am »
Resurrecting an old thread, I have noticed this very phenomenon wrt lamb, and more generally I would add cooked lamb. I don’t notice an odour when eating small meals of raw lamb, but larger cooked lamb meals result in a very distinct sweet lamb odour. This does not happen with beef or any fish/seafood, only lamb! There must be a metabolites present in lamb that carry the scent, I do wonder if it is like asparagus pee in that only certain people can smell it?

Offline dair

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2017, 11:17:19 pm »
Before I started eating raw meat, I met a guy who had in his car a couple of kilos of raw lamb in his car (it was on a sort of camping in nature, no electricity). I was a bit shocked, as it was kept unrefrigerated, and thought it might be dangerous for him to eat. And, what I remember is that his body odour smelt very strongly of lamb/sheep. It was not really unpleasant, but very noticeable (for me anyway, as I got a good sense of smell when I went fruitarian). I am wondering now if I do get this body odour when I eat lamb...

Offline Grey-Cup

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 08:45:10 am »
Interesting. To clarify, I was referring to urine odour only, not body odour, thankfully!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk