Author Topic: The BEST work-out!!!  (Read 75018 times)

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: The BEST work-out!!!
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2011, 09:20:23 pm »
I really like your workout style and I am following similar program. I am now doing sets of 2 so that I can just have 2 really heavy sets and it is really helping me put on strength and size. Nobody ever said we had to stick to 3 or 4 sets of the same exercise and I sometimes think it is counter intuitive because you exhaust yourself on one exercise and don't have energy for the others. My philosophy is lift very heavy for 1 or 2 sets and move on to the next exercise.
I never do more than 1 set. 1 set to utter muscular failure is all it takes to stimulate(note stimulate not produce) growth. A second set will not stimulate more growth. That is, if the first set was continued to actual muscular failure which very, very few people seem to be able to do. 1 set of proper squats makes me breath like I've just run a marathon and my heart rat is always 170+ after that 1 set. No matter how good your cardiovascular condition is a set involving a large muscular mass(squats, deadlifts, pullovers, dips) to utter failure will always put your heart rate in the high figures.

A second set will just stress your recover ability more, therefor recovery takes longer but growth will be the same. At least if given enough recovery time, otherwise results will actually be less. After all one must first fully recover before growth even begins.

"Everything has a price, and everything has a value…if the price paid by many trainees is really the required price, then the results are simply not worth it. But in fact, the actual price required for the production of maximum possible results from exercise is quite low…literally must be low.

Eventually, this will be understood by almost everybody…but in the meantime, millions of people are wasting billions of hours of training time, while doing much more in the way of preventing the results than they are in the direction of producing results. "

Arthur Jones on permitting growth.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 12:58:06 am by TylerDurden »
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline cliff

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2011, 09:48:23 pm »
The only real paleo exercise:

Surfing :)

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 25, 2011, 04:19:55 pm »
how about: fighting, fucking, hunting, butchering, making fire, building a shelter, moving your family, defending yourself against brown bear......

seems pretty paleo to me! ;)
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 25, 2011, 07:02:38 pm »
The only real paleo exercise:

Surfing :)

Been surfing a heap lately. Don't count it as excercise...for some reason.

Catch Bell's?
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline cliff

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2011, 02:35:50 am »

Catch Bell's?

Yup, parko ripped the bag out of that place! :)

Its weird surfing doesn't feel like exercising but ever since I've surfing on a daily basis I've had a pretty significant increase in muscle mass and it makes me feel extremely ripped.

Offline Barban

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2011, 05:22:49 pm »
This would be my top 3:

1. Sitting down exercises – Sitting down has been considered as one of the most effective exercises for obese people. This is also considered as one of the safest exercises. For overweight people or obese people, you can opt to do sitting up and down exercises that are effective for you. This type of exercise can actually help in building basic muscle strength and lessening fat production. While you are sitting down on your chair, you can do various arm movements and arm raises, you can do leg lifting and back bending or body leaning. These are gentle exercises that will prepare your obese body to do strenuous exercises in the future.
2. Walking exercises – Walking exercises is one of the most common exercises too for obese people. It is best recommended that you do short or long walks for at least thirty minutes every day. If you cannot tolerate doing a thirty-minute walk, then you can adjust it according to your capabilities. You should make sure that you keep yourself comfortable as much as possible. Consider wearing comfortable shoes when walking. It will greatly affect your activity for the day. Wear something that is not too tight and not too loose. You should always bring water with you as to replenish all fluids lost due to sweats. This will keep you hydrated. Always remember to take several breaks so as not to overwhelm your body.
3. Swimming exercises – Swimming exercises are also one of the most effective exercises recommended for obese people. This can be a great alternative for some exercises or activities. Remember that water allows you to feel lesser loads from your body because you become lighter when you are in the water. It actually allows you to get rid of more serious strains and injuries as well. You can do all strokes in the pool and you can move every single part of your body. You can do butterfly stroke, breast stroke, or the freestyle. You can do whatever you wish to do in the water.

From: http://www.paleodietbest.com/exercises/effective-exercises-for-the-heavy/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk