Author Topic: We Need Good Bacteria To Be Healthy  (Read 8086 times)

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
We Need Good Bacteria To Be Healthy
« on: April 02, 2011, 07:10:15 pm »
Probiotic Bacteria Could Help Treat Crohn's Disease:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/03/110331142221.htm

I think many here are infecting themselves with bacteria by eating raw meat and high meat. 

CitrusHigh

Re: We Need Good Bacteria To Be Healthy
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 07:47:53 pm »
You will have to define 'good' bacteria. I lost the distinction somewhere over the last three years.

I have, however always wondered how my body would stack up against Ebola zaire.  :o  ;)  ;D That is of course a virus but likewise I lost the distinction between microbes other than different characteristics, functions, and biology. IOW none of them seem to make me sick at all. And I welcome them often.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 08:48:11 pm »
 I am on the bacteria bandwagon, and am taking high meat almost daily along with my disregard for proper meat storage techniques. I often don't rinse my cutting board, I leave my lunch out at room temperature for 4 hours and if there is any left I will leave it out and finish it off at dinner. And now I am eating maggot infested rotted meat with enjoyment.

There is definably some positive results I have been experiencing, all my stomach isues have resolved,
Good bacteria is not something that is universally agreed upon, because it often depends on the particular needs of once personal gut ecology. Acidophiles strains my be considered good bacteria for people who can tolerate dairy and vegetable food, but from my experience it is totally useless. The bacteria profile needed in the gut of a carnivore for optimal health will differ greatly from the one of a yogurt and granola eater.

I think the paleo diet with high meat could cure the majority of Crohns sufferers if applied properly.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 09:13:42 pm by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 09:23:57 pm »
Thank you saber, that was very enlightening! I read the book hot zone almost ten years ago about the ebola outbreaks...haha funny it never mentioned any of that! wink wink

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 10:52:19 pm »
    Having bacteria is SO integral to having health and being alive. I wish many doctors would wake up, along with nurses and admin. Unfortunately there are strange priorities. The do kill people going after every single bacterial cell of every kind they can that might live or possibly exist. It's strange how so many talk about killing bacteria, and also say killing is bad. Live bacteria keeps all humans alive and happy.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 03:37:26 am »
I read a while back bacteria is necessary for proper immune response. Kids exposed to bacteria are healthier.

Offline donrad

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Omnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 02:30:22 am »
I eat probiotic three or four times a day from raw milk yoghurt & cheese, live home-made vinegar, and fermented (pickled) home grown vegetables.

I very rarely get sick and my feces is nicely formed and does not stink.

I also get lots and lots of fibre which is critical. So is not consuming anything that might be harmful to the bacteria like antibiotics or alcohol.

Our evolution with bacteria goes back at least 2 billion years.
Naturally, Don

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 06:16:28 am »

I also get lots and lots of fibre which is critical. So is not consuming anything that might be harmful to the bacteria like antibiotics or alcohol.

Why is fibre critical?
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 01:41:43 am »
fiber supplements have been totally useless to me. fiber from fruits and vegetables seems to make my digestive system have to work harder. IMO fiber hype is bullshit. IMO the less fiber the better.

I've had major digestive troubles for over 10 years and raw meat/fat digests perfectly and my stomach does not feel full after a big meal of raw meat/fat. High meat has eliminated every digestion problem for me. They only come back when I eat stuff(non-raw meat/fat stuff) my stomach can't seem to handle.

BTW I find it very unfortunate that there is so much negative info on nuts because for me they seem to digest just as good as raw meat, and I crave them a lot too :/

Offline donrad

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Omnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 03:43:49 am »
Fibre is essential because it was much larger part of our prehistoric diet. Humans are always trying to concentrate the food. All of the serious studies I have seen on prehistoric indicate that we were omnivores getting a lot of fibrous fruits and veggies.

The large intestine's job is to squeeze the water out of the digested food before it leaves the body. If there is nothing there to squeeze on it cramps up. The fibre also has a cleansing action on the intestional walls and acts like a sponge to soak up body wastes.

It helps prevent colon cancer.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 03:45:00 am by TylerDurden »
Naturally, Don

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 04:58:30 pm »
donrad,
I agree with some of the things you wrote, but that does not make fiber essential in all contexts. For example the Primal diet and the original Inuit diet contain little to no fiber.

Offline donrad

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Omnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 01:39:02 am »
I am not familiar with these diets, but assume they are fairly modern. It is quite possible that races of people have adapted to certain environments but I believe that our plumbing works optimally with the nutrition for which it was designed during the past few million years.

My goal is to be active, alert, and disease free well past 110 years old. This requires a lifestyle in concordance with my evolutionary heritage. There is lots to learn. There are many things I can do and still survive but they will not bring optimal health and longevity.

It is easy to rationalize based on current cultural and world environments. Its a lot harder to discern what was going on a million years ago.

Naturally, Don

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 03:12:11 pm »
Fibre is essential because it was much larger part of our prehistoric diet. Humans are always trying to concentrate the food. All of the serious studies I have seen on prehistoric indicate that we were omnivores getting a lot of fibrous fruits and veggies.

The large intestine's job is to squeeze the water out of the digested food before it leaves the body. If there is nothing there to squeeze on it cramps up. The fibre also has a cleansing action on the intestional walls and acts like a sponge to soak up body wastes.

shouldn't raw fat and bacteria be able to keep the intestines clean enough by themselves? and wasn't it our switch from eating less fiber to eating more carnivorous that helped us evolve from apes into humans? I saw or read something(I forgot where/what) that monkeys/apes have large stomachs because they eat so much fibrous food, and the reason our brains are so large is because we stopped eating so much fiber and therefore our stomachs were allowed to get smaller and our brains larger. This concept also makes sense as to why our brains shrunk after we started cultivating our food.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2011, 06:48:09 pm »
Fibre is essential because it was much larger part of our prehistoric diet. Humans are always trying to concentrate the food. ...fibre also has a cleansing action on the intestional walls and acts like a sponge to soak up body wastes.

That's not what pharmacist Konstantin Monastyrsky says http://www.amazon.com/Fiber-Menace-Constipation-Hemorrhoids-Ulcerative/dp/0970679645, but then again my hospital's pharmacy always pushed fiber on me, on top of my old vegan diet, and constipated the hell out of me, nearly killed me.  We don't have to concentrate things, the animals we hunt concentrate them for us.

About the Leading Role of Fiber in Diet Failure, Constipation, Hemorrhoids, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn's Disease, and Colon Cancer

Fruit is one fiber that seems to agree with my colon though.  The rest can take a hike, puhlease!  No more so called foods abusing me like that.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 09:40:50 pm »
There is lots of debate surfacing on that subject Donrad.
I was quite surprised when I heard about a book on how the whole fiber thing is BS and as RawZI says is potentially dangerous. (I haven't read the book BTW)

The Inuit ate zero fibre during the winter.

Since going raw I eat pretty much no fibre intentionally. The conversations on this site seem to say that fibre is only useful to help push out cooked food.

Raw fats are much more useful to keep the GI tract supple and slippery and to aid absorption. Peristaltic action is helped by the softness and slipperiness of the raw fats.

It makes sense that the fibre kind of rips and tears it's way through the tract which may help to keep it clear, but may fracture the surface as it goes which impairs proper osmosis as osmosis requires that the delicate surfaces be healthy and clean. (This is a guess BTW)

I salute your goal of making it to 110 but wonder why you want to stop there?
Cheers
Al

Offline donrad

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Omnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2011, 07:24:21 pm »
Three main bacteria groups identified, what's in YOUR body?

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/223026.php
Naturally, Don

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
Bacteria Co-Opt Human Immune Cells for Mutual Benefit
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 08:21:58 am »
Bacteria live symbiotically with immune cells in the gut:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/04/110421141632.htm