Author Topic: only grainfed bio animals  (Read 10875 times)

Offline littleElefant

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
only grainfed bio animals
« on: April 05, 2011, 03:43:59 am »
Hi,

at the moment I have only access to grainfed animals. I eat raw fish and fishroe and eggs. But it starts getting boring and I can not eat very much of it. I would like to add liver and bone marrow to my diet and some meat. Is grain fed liver and bone marrow ok grainfed or is it better not to eat land animals at all if I dont have access to grassfed. What about lard? And grainfed chicken? 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 04:16:23 am by TylerDurden »

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: only grainfed bio animals
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 04:31:07 am »
If the animal were only raw grain fed, it would  be a lesser evil, especially for chicken because wild birds eat some grain in the wild. I feed a little bit of raw, unheated oats and millet to my otherwise grazing birds, but it has been very difficult to find unheated organic grain. It’s most of the times hot dried.

But the worse is the wheat and industrial feed they use (even in organic stock-breeding). Can’t you order meat and eggs from Orkos?

Francois
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 04:43:10 am »
Supermarket Meat > No Meat

:P

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 05:16:05 am »
Hi,

at the moment I have only access to grainfed animals. I eat raw fish and fishroe and eggs. But it starts getting boring and I can not eat very much of it. I would like to add liver and bone marrow to my diet and some meat. Is grain fed liver and bone marrow ok grainfed or is it better not to eat land animals at all if I dont have access to grassfed. What about lard? And grainfed chicken? 

Hi Noel,

have you thought about wild game meat?

Here you can find a hunter in your area:

www.wildaufwild.de

Löwenherz

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 03:35:56 am »
I eat tons of grainfed organ meat. Yum!  >D

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 05:03:37 am »
I eat tons of grainfed organ meat. Yum!  >D

Really? wow.

I can get organic grainfed organs but im scared it has toxins??? in it lol..

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 02:50:02 pm »
I feed a little bit of raw, unheated oats and millet to my otherwise grazing birds, but it has been very difficult to find unheated organic grain. It’s most of the times hot dried.

Francois, i've bought very cheap organic (spelt)grains in the netherlands. I assume they are hot dried too. However i use them for spelt-grass and have no problem with them. If they are able to sprout they are still raw. I'd say if those easy to get oats are able to sprout(easy test) their raw and therefore good enough to feed your chicken??
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 10:48:59 pm by TylerDurden »
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 08:51:05 pm »
Really? wow.

I can get organic grainfed organs but im scared it has toxins??? in it lol..

This whole idea of toxins in grain fed fat and grainfed animals is way overrated and paranoid. You can sit home and eat fingernail clippings, or get the amazing benefits of organ meats, albeit grainfed. Your choice.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 06:47:46 am »
This whole idea of toxins in grain fed fat and grainfed animals is way overrated and paranoid. You can sit home and eat fingernail clippings, or get the amazing benefits of organ meats, albeit grainfed. Your choice.

The problem with grain fed meat has to do with the fact that cattle don't do well on it. Problem is that they will gradually get sicker and sicker on the diet. However they simultaneously get fatter and fatter and over the same amount of time as the meat becomes marbled with fat.

The meat tastes great or at least when we got it from a local butcher, it was great. It was not fed antibiotics and was supposed to be organic.

The animals are generally only fed the grains for the last 60 days before butchering because after 60 days they really start to show their sickness.
If you want to read more about it The Untold Story of Milk
Cheers
Al

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 05:07:47 pm »

I can't eat grainfed bone marrow or liver its just not right lol no? it has toxins in it im scared lol

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 09:09:15 pm »
I can't eat grainfed bone marrow or liver its just not right lol no? it has toxins in it im scared lol

There there now achille don't be scared, mama's 'ere.
Cheers
Al

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 01:20:03 am »
There there now achille don't be scared, mama's 'ere.

Just eat the damn grainfed ruminant meat.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 01:52:08 am »
A friend asked me the other day if eating raw grainfed meat is ok...
Cooking it won't help you! In fact probably make it more toxic.
The idea of attacking food to neutralize it and make it safe is bogus.

Offline personman

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 12:33:08 am »
What about BOVINE LUKEMIA VIRUS in grain-fed beef? I am involved in a dilemma here: increase eggs(2 dozen per day, half store-bought battery eggs) in place of grain-fed beef or stick with the beef...and possibly incur cancerous states(BLV)? A little help would be appreciated.

Offline Lynnzard

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 05:43:28 am »
What about BOVINE LUKEMIA VIRUS in grain-fed beef? I am involved in a dilemma here: increase eggs(2 dozen per day, half store-bought battery eggs) in place of grain-fed beef or stick with the beef...and possibly incur cancerous states(BLV)? A little help would be appreciated.

To date there has been no solid or even tenuous link established between BLV and cancer in humans.
Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Offline personman

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 06:17:19 am »
anecdotal evidence about butchers and slaughter house workers...admittedly inconclusive. Thats what I'm afraid of...

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 06:22:33 am »
Beware of eggs , now scientist are shooting up chickens with bovine leukemia virus.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2160229

Bovine leukemia could combine forces with chicken leukemia and mutate into a cancerous Chimera that will spell doom for all of us.

We must look at all of this mad science virology from the perspective of germ theory denialist.

The presence of the viruses in factory produced food animals is an indication of poor quality. Grain fed animals will be more prone to cancer viruses because the cancer virus is actually fulfilling a biological function(its attempting to mitigate the damage of unnatural animal feed, by destroying and flushing out compromised cells) The body produces these viruses to clean out the damaged cells. The problem becomes cancer after the level of toxicity reaches a point where the immune system can no longer keep up with the level of cellular waste being purged. Once the immune system of the animal begins to malfunction and the liver begins to no longer properly function then the formation of tumors begin.

In short its not the virus itself that is the problem, its just a symptom. Its the accumulation of toxic waste in the body of the animal that leads to the outbreak of such cancer viruses.

If one eats the body of an animal that has an outbreak of some cancer virus, then it may not be the virus itself that is cause for worry, its the toxic condition of the animal flesh  that would be responsible for causing negative health consequences that may leave one more prone to an outbreak of cancer virus.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline personman

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 09:02:46 am »
Thanks for the info. I suppose eggs are a better source as the chicken magically "filters" out the toxins through their accumulation in its flesh....more so than directly eating the meat itself for example...does this sound completely absurd. Keep in mind I've got to eat to live, ideally a good life. I will probably avoid that type of meat always now until I can set up a meal worm farm and a chicken coop---then I should be set.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 07:37:11 pm »
Store bought eggs are not Ideal. Though I believe that the chickens body does filter out some of the negative elements, so store eggs may not be as harmful as eating grain-fed chicken flesh. I am not scientifically certain

Some co-ops will sell pastured eggs but they are up to 5 dollars a dozen.

Try searching around for local farm eggs.

I have 6 back yard chickens that free range in a large field. I also have a growing bone pit where I throw out a bunch of bits and pieces, and they will pick on the entrails and maggots. My wife will throw them some table scraps of some non paleo items from time to time, but I think all and all they are well cared for.

The lady I buy my lambs from has a bunch of chickens and she will sell me a dozen of the finest eggs for a dollar.

I got a big goose egg from her that I am trying to age right now.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 07:44:05 pm by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline personman

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2012, 12:04:27 am »
Thanks again for the info. I have now 2 dozen eggs per day: 1 dozen free-range farm, the other store-bought. Do you know anything about mealworms? I would like to set up a farm in the basement as a food staple. Thanks.

Offline Lynnzard

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2012, 08:46:54 am »
Thanks again for the info. I have now 2 dozen eggs per day: 1 dozen free-range farm, the other store-bought. Do you know anything about mealworms? I would like to set up a farm in the basement as a food staple. Thanks.

This seems like a decent article on the subject. http://www.hollowtop.com/finl_html/mealworms.htm. It's something I've looked into, also. It doesn't sound difficult. I think the biggest thing is just keeping in mind good hygiene and husbandry practices for your grubs, because if they're not healthy, you won't be.
Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk