Author Topic: RAW MEAT DOCUMENTARY CASTING  (Read 88761 times)

Offline rawcasting

• Forager
    • View Profile
RAW MEAT DOCUMENTARY CASTING
« on: April 13, 2011, 07:41:06 am »
 Hello Fellow Meat Lovers! I've got an INCREDIBLE opportunity for all of you.

Do you love eating raw meat like me? I can eat everything from raw fish to raw ground beef. A lot of people around me find it strange and sometimes even disgusting that I like to eat meat this way. I've tried to order raw at restaurants and oftentimes I get rejected when asking for my meat the way that I like it. I am trying to do more research about people who LOVE eating raw meat. If you or someone you know eats mostly raw and are tired of being misunderstood we want to talk to you. We're looking to explore this topic more in-depth for a documentary-style TV show. Compensation involved if selected.

Reply here or to my friend in casting - jamesincasting@gmail.com or call 818-728-7695 ASAP if interested.

MUST BE OVER THE AGE OF 18 and RESIDING IN THE UNITED STATES.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 07:47:00 am by rawcasting »

Offline rawcasting

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: RAW MEAT DOCUMENTARY CASTING
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 08:29:58 am »
Thank you for all your interest and submissions! Keep them coming. We'll be holding interviews ASAP.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 09:48:38 pm »
Thank you for all your interest and submissions! Keep them coming. We'll be holding interviews ASAP.
Keep us posted on what happens.
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 10:34:09 pm »
What is the title going to be of this documentary and where is it likely to be shown? Just curious. My own experiment with an interview for a newspaper wasn't that bad, but I was lied to re the intent of the article.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 10:38:48 pm »
One of the difficulties of this situation is that if the author decides to say something no matter how ridiculous, it will be quoted from here to eternity as the truth.

Documentarians will inevitably add the lawyer inspired statements that it is potentially dangerous for your health, which of course makes it sound like it really is.
Cheers
Al

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 12:15:15 am »
Do you love eating raw meat like me? I can eat everything from raw fish to raw ground beef. A lot of people around me find it strange and sometimes even disgusting that I like to eat meat this way. I've tried to order raw at restaurants and oftentimes I get rejected when asking for my meat the way that I like it.

All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 05:37:54 am »
I talked to James and declined to participate in their program.  As it was explained to me, it is a TV show about animals on one of the Discovery Channels.  Someone thought it would be interesting to have people who eat raw meat (eat raw animals to be exact) be a focus of one of their shows.  They want to create controversy so they want the raw meat eater as well as someone in their life that hates that they eat raw meat to both be on the show.  They then have a therapist there to mediate the discussion.  Sort of a "Raw Paleo meets Dr Phil"  (or is it Jerry Springer?) program.  They insist that this is a very high quality program on a major network, but there seems to be no point to the program except to leverage personal controversy between family, friends, or coworkers on the subject of eating raw meat.  The potential for taking statements out of context and doing damage to Raw Paleo as a whole as well as the individuals is enormous.  I have no interest in participating in anything like this.

If the show was to be a positive statement about the raw paleo movement with a script that could be reviewed and edited based on the input of those of us who follow this lifestyle, I'd welcome the opportunity.  Unfortunately, this is not the case.

Lex
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 08:28:36 am by TylerDurden »

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 07:35:29 am »
I have responded to one of their mails and they wish me to call them up, What do I do ???

I am just some hick from the sticks and don't really want to be involved in some type of drama show, but what if I could prove this diet to be healthy.

Even if there needs to be drama in the show just to fit the basic cable TV format, wouldn't it be possible for someone with the right flare to let the truth be known to a few million couch potatoes across TV land.

What is there to lose, even if people watching don't buy the Idea that raw meat is healthy then so what More grass fed meat for us, and if there is some one out there who has tried everything to heal from sickness and that show reaches them and gives them encouragement to try it out for them selves , then I think it would be worth it. Even if I have to  do a segment with a DR Phil type personality who rejects everything about the Diet.

The Ripley episode of AV impressed me enough to start eating high meat.

Plus  my Granny and I use to watch the Discovery Channel all the time when I was younger, I think it sparked my interest in science, and she would love to see me on TV.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 08:29:53 am by TylerDurden »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline riy freeman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 07:47:33 am »
I guess the danger with this type of thing is to have yourself be made into an non-self-intended spectacle.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 07:55:18 am »
My father is getting divorced and may have some free time, if I could convince him to play the skeptical and distraught father part then we may be in business( We May have to be compensated for our time , seeing that I live from week to week and could not afford to take off of work$$$$ ;)) .

My Dad is an extremely level headed type that would fit the the paradigm. I could tell about the time he visited and I was eating raw clams and he just thought for sure it would make me sick. It would be fun and a chance to spend some quality time with my Dad while he tries to separate himself from his Ex wife.

I still doubt they would let some of my more profound statements about the health benefits of this diet off the editing room floor.

I am a normally reserved introspective individual, and the thought of making a spectacle of myself seems intimidating, but what if you have already suffered a lifetime of torment, and have been freed from bondage to the health problems like I have, then it would be honorable to risk making oneself into a fool just to be able to get the word out. There are still people with the right kind of eyes and ears to make a proper judgment.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 08:03:58 am by sabertooth »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 08:40:56 am »
Maybe, Sabertooth, but, remember, my own experience with the Times newspaper was not ideal. They twisted what I said, and even told deliberate untruths at times, and that just resulted from a phone interview for a newspaper article. What I mean is that they could somehow selectively edit the program in such a way so as to make it seem that your wife hated your guts because of your diet or make you seem like a wife-beating alcoholic forcing your diet on your little children, thus straining your marriage through such lies.

There was that Wifeswap episode where a Primal-Diet-eating family switched wives with a junk-food-eating family. The TV people went out of their way to create controversy. When the black husband of the junk-food-eating family was offered raw chicken, the programme-makers insisted that he was told exactly how the chicken was killed so that he felt forced to avoid eating it. The raw-eating wife in question told me, later, that the black husband did actually like the raw dairy component of the Primal Diet, despite the programme's distortions.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 08:53:18 am »
I guess the danger with this type of thing is to have yourself be made into an non-self-intended spectacle.
Amen.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 09:12:58 am »
Typically I am a bit of a "just do it" type of guy, but I know as TD has suggested how things can be twisted by people with agendas and as Lex said sounds like they have an agenda. Best let them play with themselves. Sounds like they are veges of the virulent kind. You will not convince them or their public as they see their little tabby or spot being eaten by you.

I worked with a guy who was interviewed by a newspaper known to be full of **sholes (Toronto Globe and Mail) The guy was a very busy man, yet he was generous enough to give up a couple of hours for an interview. The jerk that interviewed him only reported some made up trash about how his wife didn't like the town they lived in.

The interviewer came to town with his story already made up. All he needed was to squeeze a bit and in a momentary lapse of attention, he made the push.

The interview was supposedly about the huge company that he worked for which was considering embarking on the largest engineering project in North America.
Cheers
Al

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 11:14:09 am »
What I mean is that they could somehow selectively edit the program in such a way so as to make it seem that your wife hated your guts because of your diet or make you seem like a wife-beating alcoholic forcing your diet on your little children, thus straining your marriage through such lies.
Precisely. That is how these sorts of shows make money. Since the vast majority of people are not interested in eating lots of raw meat, regardless of any health claims, there's no money in promoting raw meat. The only way to make some dough off it is to sensationalize the story, using editing to create the perception of conflict, emotion, insanity, etc. The raw meat eater will likely be portrayed as mentally disturbed, with an unhealthy obsession with eating his meat raw that his family, friends and co-workers are disgusted by and have tried to talk him out of, to no avail. They will probably try to show the negative consequences of the practice--marital stress, loss of friendships or love interests, problems at work, financial distress, mental distress, advice from a psychiatrist talking about how the raw meat eater is "orthorexic" or some such thing, and so on. The one saving grace is that the show probably won't generate a huge audience, as the raw meat thing has been done already (a raw-meat-eating family that was portrayed as lunatics on the Wifeswap show that Tyler mentioned and Aajonus was portrayed as a lunatic on an annoying doctor show).

So if you want to be portrayed to the whole world as a lunatic, then sign up. I wouldn't advise that for anyone who has something to lose and little to gain. This sort of thing would be OK for someone like Aajonus, because he has something to gain (it might generate more business for him) and nothing to lose (he's already seen as a lunatic by the media and those of the masses that have encountered his story).
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2011, 02:26:22 pm »
they could somehow selectively edit the program in such a way so as to make it seem that your wife hated your guts because of your diet or make you seem like a wife-beating alcoholic forcing your diet on your little children, thus straining your marriage through such lies.

I know the name of the game, but perhaps I can keep my cool and speak primarily about the health benefits of the diet and insist that a Diet of primarily Raw Animals foods is the best treatment available for a number of diseases such as diabetics, auto immune issues, food intolerance, obesity, etc . The side show that is my personal life should not become the main issue.

Just because I may seem oppressive to my wife and believe in providing my children with the best nutrition available, shouldn't keep me from speaking out.

This is just how things are done where I come from, women are kept at home barefoot and pregnant and the children are fed wholesome foods you can kiss my Ass if you don't like it. (Are we Mice or or are we Cavemen?)

My wife is in love with me, and my children are well taken care of, but you guys are right, there is the possibility of a DR Phil type of master manipulator could use the basic techniques to make me look like a terrible person or some type of fool. I could be an easy target , I wear my eccentricities on my sleeves, and have never developed the art of deception required to hide my human nature.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 02:32:27 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 02:34:37 pm »
Followers of unusual diets aren't always that badly treated in the media. Barry Groves got a nice little interview about his diet in the Daily Telegraph. And that Russian guy who was interviewed on TV, the one who posted here, seemed not to be badly treated, as I recall.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 07:25:58 pm »
Times they are a changing( as my Granny would say) and there could be the potential of a raw paleo bonanza just round the bend.

Do you realize how many compliantly ignorant dietary practices get positive media coverage. Those low fat high fiber diet crazes have been out there for years and the people who follow those recommendations are often worse off than the traditional meat and potatoes traditional home cooking diets, and yet they are never recalled by the media on being ineffective even after the evidence becomes clear that the whole thing is a sham.

People have made millions of dollars marketing in diets that are simply frauds. Maybe its time for the truth to be told, and perhaps Me or someone else out there could become a media darling that brings the real deal to the fore-front. 

« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 07:30:24 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2011, 07:34:24 pm »
Discovery Channels....high quality program on a major network

The Discovery Channel who air programs from crackpots like Von Danicken and who finds 'Noah's ark' every once in a while? The one whose major draw is about grobrians who build hotrods/motorcycles/whatever that throw shit at each other and shout angry barely comprehensible insults at any passers by. That Discovery?

The whole set up as Lex interprets it, sounds like exactly the kind of runny stool that Discovery has turned into. It's great entertainment, but they are not in the reality or truth telling business. Fact!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 08:12:01 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2011, 10:22:23 pm »
Sabretooth, are you joking when you say all that stuff about your wife? Keeping her pregnant so that she doesnt have the choice to leave you for a man with more testosterone..? what the fucks?
That's not paleo.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2011, 11:14:34 pm »
the kind of runny stool
LOL I gotta remember that insult!
Cheers
Al

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2011, 12:39:17 am »
I know the name of the game, but perhaps I can keep my cool and speak primarily about the health benefits of the diet and insist that a Diet of primarily Raw Animals foods is the best treatment available for a number of diseases such as diabetics, auto immune issues, food intolerance, obesity, etc . The side show that is my personal life should not become the main issue. 

Unfortunately these folks have ZERO interest in Raw Paleo, health benefits, or anything else positive.  The show they want to produce is focused only on raw meat eaters because it is outside "normal" social behavior.  They insist that you must bring someone who is upset with your eating raw meat in an effort to create an argument.  You will also be screened and if there is no high emotional conflict in your interactions then you won't make it on the show.

In short, you won't have a chance to speak in a cool calm way about the primary health benefits of a raw paleo lifestyle because this is not what the show is about.  It is about social deviants who eat raw meat and how they upset "normal" people in society.

I only live 10 miles away from where James and his casting crew are located.  I offered to meet with them to discuss (rationally) what I do and why I do it.  I also told them I would not bring anyone with me who disagreed with what I was doing as for me it was all about restoring my health and I go out of my way to avoid social conflicts while still being true to the lifestyle I've chosen.  They declined meeting with me and bluntly told me that I was not the type of person they wanted for this project.   

Lex
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 01:18:06 am by TylerDurden »

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2011, 06:55:41 am »
Well said, Lex.

Lex said that it's an animal show. If it is then that means the viewers probably consider themselves animal lovers. So they are not likely to portray sympathetically someone who eats lots of animals. BTW, the thing that makes viewers most upset re: raw meat appears to be when the children are fed raw meat by the parents, especially high meat. Viewers of that raw meat wife swap show called authorities to report the parents.

"I wear my eccentricities on my sleeves"

Yup, that's likely the sort of thing they want to exploit all right. You're like a lamb ready for the slaughter.

"This is just how things are done where I come from, women are kept at home barefoot and pregnant and the children are fed wholesome foods you can kiss my Ass if you don't like it. (Are we Mice or or are we Cavemen?)"

Holy cow, they'd love you. LOL You'd fit right into the stereotype of raw meat eaters having "Neanderthal" social views. It would unfortunately reinforce the stereotype and turn more people against all of us. Radical feminists would be more likely to shoot your ass than kiss it if you spewed that stuff on TV. LOL First you F with the police, now you want to go on a TV show where they'll ridicule you and it sounds like you might antagonize the feminists while you're at it. I hope you aren't trying to martyr yourself or something. Lex's input on this looks wise to me. Never trust the people who do TV shows. They're in it to make money from controversy and sensationalism, not make you or raw meat eating look good.

"there could be the potential of a raw paleo bonanza just round the bend"

The idea of compensation and possibly parlaying TV coverage into some further financial gain probably sounds attractive, but do you have an employer? If so, what would they think about a show that portrayed you as a raw meat wacko? Did that raw meat family on the Wifeswap show make a killing from their appearance? I doubt it. Even Mark Sisson, who seems like a marketing genius, says that the money is not great and he's selling a flexible version of conventional Paleo that has a much larger potential market than strict raw Paleo.

This show is at least a good experiment in thinking about who would be the ideal representative of raw Paleo from our perspective, as someone is eventually going to volunteer for one of these things. Here's what I can think of:

1. looks good (well-muscled man or slim, attractive woman)
2. seems mentally balanced, calm
3. seems happy, smiles a fair amount (but not too much) the smile is attractive
4. happy, healthy and supportive family or single; social life not negatively affected by WOE 5. untouchable: most of the above apply and is financially independent; job or business will not be negatively effected by negative media coverage

Sensational media would probably like someone more like this...

1. looks strange and/or unhealthy
2. seems mentally unbalanced, obsessed, depressed, ...
3. family, friends, co-workers, boss unhappy about the WOE

One problem for us is, the sort of folks who would be most likely to volunteer to go on TV about eating raw meat are more likely to have that second set of traits and be oblivious to how negatively they will be portrayed and seen. Like that family in the wifeswap show who did come across as mentally unbalanced and were naively surprised that they were portrayed that way.

BTW, Lex, almost no one gets editing control. I heard an interview of a guy who got it for a movie he was asked to take an acting part for and I think the editing control was called "final cut." When he asked the director for it, the director went berserk even though they had struck up a friendship at a dinner party. The director only gave it to the guy because he thought he would be a great actor and they had hit it off. Heck, even Gary Taubes didn't get a say in the editing on the Dr. Oz show and they did the editing in such a way as to make Oz look good and Gary look a little bad.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2011, 07:40:56 am »
This is his wife, my name is Sarah. He'll probably edit/delete this post but I just wanted to say, I am COMPLETELY against him doing this crap but I can't stop him. I try to talk to him rationally but all he sees is this grand "opportunity".  :'(

My views mirror that of PaleoPhil's.

- Sarah

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2011, 08:05:07 am »
Like a lamb to the slaughter you say, but perhaps I am a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Sabretooth, are you joking when you say all that stuff about your wife? Keeping her pregnant so that she doesnt have the choice to leave you for a man with more testosterone..? what the fucks?
Most of what I said about being an oppressor of women was just me putting my foot in my Mouth btw, I love women and have a genuine reverence and devotion to my wife. I swear I am not a complete ahole , I just have a weird way of expressing the dualities of the human condition.

I just got finished with talking to James and he took my information and told me he would get with the higher ups and call me back to talk about possibilities. Yes it could be a set up, so what, I may just be the Lunatic they are looking for. They want to do an interview over the computer this Monday with an executive for further screening.

Its not the Ideal role that being sold here. I will agree whole halfheartedly that it may not be wise to subject myself to the ridicule, but think on the bright side all you skeptics, it could be an a chance to whore myself out for some extra money and perhaps even get in touch with people who would finance my Book Deal. There is no perfect person out there that would look flawless at every angle, we all fall short of perfection, but that didn't stop Don Quixote from dreaming the impossible dream.

Perhaps someone could sell an Idea for a better show on the heals of the interest steered up by the first show.

Imagine, having a round table discussion over a wild boar , we all could feast and then afterward hold an open discussion about the wonders of the Paleo diet, and the moderator can guide the discussion in order to present a truly fair and balanced perspective. The show can be a success it only take the people with the money and connections to make it happen.

Is there anyone who is optimistic about there being a chance that this show could be a good thing? Please help me I need some help convincing my wife that everything will be alright.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 08:52:43 am by sabertooth »

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2011, 09:22:40 am »
Sabertooth, If just on the forums here you could be seen as white trash, in trouble with the cops with a bunch of barefoot kids, cant keep a job, browbeats his wife etc...

nobody cares about your book, or your ideas for shows.

you will be made a fool of, and its not just going to affect your life, its going to affect the lives of your family members too.

even if you change the world.. the world is how it is right now, and right now its going to frown on you for feeding your kids raw meat and its not fair that your family is going to have to deal with that.

You're not getting a book deal.

I think it says it all when you're obviously refusing to listen to your WIFE. You truly do not treat her as an equal.

I think you're thinking that 'any publicity is good publicity'.. but that's not true when you're a nobody.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 03:33:00 pm by TylerDurden »
That's not paleo.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk