Author Topic: eggs  (Read 16333 times)

Offline proteus

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: eggs
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2011, 02:16:18 am »
hmm, weird. The miracle whey page doesn't say it's pasteurized though.

but does it say it is NOT pasteurized ?

i'll be honest the price here is the main reason why i won't use it.  i was previously using industry-leading non-organic whey protein ( Syntrax ) which was about $18 / lb.  then i upgraded to organic whey ( also microfiltered, like Syntrax ) which is about $23 / lb.  in my view extra $5/lb is worth it for certified organic here.  but extra $20/lb for grass fed ?  obviously depends on your income - since i don't work right now i will have to skip that.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2011, 12:48:40 am »
Has anyone had adverse reactions to raw eggs?

I have been consuming raw duck eggs (mainly just yolks) and lately i have been very VERY itchy mainly on my torso but also arms and legs.  Now i have red pinhole size dots on my torso ???
And i am breaking out, which i never do! 
So weird, all i can think of is the eggs?
I've also read that raw eggs can cause one to detox, is that true? 
thanks  :)
As Iguana said earlier some thrive and some cannot survive on eggs (or on the full spectrum of foods).

Easiest thing is to give them up for a month and see what you notice.

A lot seem to prefer the yolks. Some people seem to have big issues with whipped eggs such as in a smoothie, some don't.

One suggestion is that modern chickens have been bred so intensively for so long that they are in a sense genetically modified. It's difficult to say for sure but it seems that eggs pose difficulties for some people.

When I started the primal diet I ate 6 to 10 a day. Then I started to dislike them and had an upset stomach from that so I tried eating the yolks alone and that was fine, but being a skin-flint I saved the whites and at some point decided to cook them. BiG MiStAkE. Boy was I sick!

So I backed off to maybe one a day in a milkshake which was fine. Now I eat them occasionally, say 1 - 3 a day.

When you consider what people in the German concentration camps of WW2 lived on, all bets are off on exactly what you need to live on.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 01:07:15 am by TylerDurden »
Cheers
Al

Offline alycia

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2011, 06:07:10 am »
As Iguana said earlier some thrive and some cannot survive on eggs (or on the full spectrum of foods).

Easiest thing is to give them up for a month and see what you notice.

A lot seem to prefer the yolks. Some people seem to have big issues with whipped eggs such as in a smoothie, some don't.

One suggestion is that modern chickens have been bred so intensively for so long that they are in a sense genetically modified. It's difficult to say for sure but it seems that eggs pose difficulties for some people.

When I started the primal diet I ate 6 to 10 a day. Then I started to dislike them and had an upset stomach from that so I tried eating the yolks alone and that was fine, but being a skin-flint I saved the whites and at some point decided to cook them. BiG MiStAkE. Boy was I sick!

/quote]

Thank you  :)

I think i may be having a hard time digesting animal foods in general, I'm new to hardcore RPD. I was hoping the raw eggs would be a quick and easy transition into more meats.  I may just skip to meat on a regular basis and see how i do.  

Another thing i thought about was i was doing raw eggs yolks with fruit (mainly banana's) - wonder if it is the combo with fruit  ???

Offline proteus

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2011, 06:14:00 am »
Another thing i thought about was i was doing raw eggs yolks with fruit (mainly banana's) - wonder if it is the combo with fruit  ???

it's probably you.  i have eggs in combination with everything ( fruits, vegetables, spinach etc ) without problems.  i add an egg or 2 or 3 to virtually everything i blend up in the blender or food processor - i like how it affects the texture.

i get problems with cooked meat, unblended nuts, coffee and milk.

i don't have problems with whey protein though.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2011, 06:27:09 am »
alycia,
You asked about detoxing. That subject has been beat to death in the past. Basically detoxing seems to be used as an excuse to explain why people react badly to foods.

The theory is that when you eat something that is really good for you it goes around your body and dislodges all the really bad toxins and these toxins run around causing various forms of havoc. This sounds a bit like a conspiracy theory and I believe it is basically used to explain away a serious reaction to something.

However it is possible in the case of someone with a serious buildup of "stuff" in the body that when dislodged too quickly it can cause other serious problems. An example might be someone with serious buildup in the blood vessels. If it is dislodged very quickly it can go downstream and cause serious blockages.

As far as the initial reaction to raw meat, eggs etc. it's not unusual for someone to react initially till your stomach adjusts to the new flavours, textures and smells. It's a big shift in digestive activity. Your gut has to build up a new bacteria profile which could take awhile.

I still find certain meats make me urge. I cannot eat ground meats. Sometimes I grind some fresh pepper on the meat to make it palatable.
Cheers
Al

Offline proteus

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2011, 06:53:15 am »
Basically detoxing seems to be used as an excuse to explain why people react badly to foods.

i got precisely that impression when i was on a raw vegan forum.  its sort of like "they hate us for our freedom" explanation for 911 attacks. 

i used to eat some pretty toxic crap and when i switched to clean food i felt great from the first second.  that's how i knew that all this talk about detoxing is BS. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk