Poll

Body composition changes...

Gained weight and muscle
Gained weight with no muscular increase
Lost weight but looked totally ripped bro!
Lost weight and muscle
Fasting is bad for you, digest constantly.
Maintained the same weight and same muscular development

Author Topic: For Those Who Use Intermittent Fasting...  (Read 17802 times)

Offline larrymagee

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Re: For Those Who Use Intermittent Fasting...
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2011, 11:43:37 pm »
1600 calories would be very fatty beef.  85/15 ground round is 1000 calories a pound.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2011, 04:01:31 am »
I don't do it consciously. It is more like sometimes for weeks, I dont feel like eating a lot. I skip down to only a small meal at night. I like feeling hungry sometimes. I mean really hungry. I obviously slim down but what I really love is the clearness of thought that comes with hunger. I am a ghrelin addict for sure. But Im far from anorexic I love eating and can eat like a hog (and will do so most of the time) but fasting is a natural part of my life. I wouldnt want to be without it, nor do I want to schedule it.

eating at night does not interfere with your sleep?  i usually eat 1 or 2 meals and they tend to be mid morning and/or afternoon.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2011, 01:05:33 am »
1600 calories would be very fatty beef.  85/15 ground round is 1000 calories a pound.

I would never make a meal of just muscle meat only. Made that mistake on the fake ZC. A pound of 85/15 grassfed PLUS either eggs or organ meats (heart, liver, gizzards, tongue...) AND grassfed butter OR extra virgin coconut oil. A muscle meat only ZC diet is insane. I wish I never did it at one point.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2011, 03:36:14 am »
I would never make a meal of just muscle meat only. Made that mistake on the fake ZC. A pound of 85/15 grassfed PLUS either eggs or organ meats (heart, liver, gizzards, tongue...) AND grassfed butter OR extra virgin coconut oil. A muscle meat only ZC diet is insane. I wish I never did it at one point.

Just a MEAL of (fatty) muscle meat only is absolutely OK, for me.

Why do you think that a muscle meat only ZC diet is insane? What kind of problems did you experience?

Aren't there many successful dieters on such a diet at ZIOH? (I was never a member, just heard of it)

Löwenherz
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 03:53:53 am by TylerDurden »

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2011, 04:30:36 am »
Just a MEAL of (fatty) muscle meat only is absolutely OK, for me.

Why do you think that a muscle meat only ZC diet is insane? What kind of problems did you experience?

Aren't there many successful dieters on such a diet at ZIOH? (I was never a member, just heard of it)

Löwenherz

No carnivorous group in nature ever ate just muscle meat. If by "successful" you mean lose weight, sure. You can lose weight on any diet. I did not have any problems, but I am glad I did not stick to muscle meat only. There is very little if any vitamin A and organs and eggs are super nutrient dense. It is stupid to live on Wal-Mart hamburger rolls and think you are eating like the Inuit or that that is in anyway a complete diet.

After I finally erased my brainwashed ideas  that just eating muscle meat was a healthy zero carb diet, I added tons of eggs, especially yolks, grassffed butter

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2011, 04:31:42 am »
con't

and coconut oil and made sure to get some gelatinous organs like tongue and pork ear and nutrient dense organs like liver and heart. Just muscle meat is ridiculously stupid. I admit to my stupidity on doing it.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2011, 04:32:37 am »
I only eat one meal a day, so I cannot just make a meal of muscle meat. But if you ate multiple meals, it would be fine.

The only time I do a muscle meat only meal is on the occasion I have to eat out at a restaurant, like on a date.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2011, 03:07:54 am »
No carnivorous group in nature ever ate just muscle meat. If by "successful" you mean lose weight, sure. You can lose weight on any diet. I did not have any problems, but I am glad I did not stick to muscle meat only. There is very little if any vitamin A and organs and eggs are super nutrient dense. It is stupid to live on Wal-Mart hamburger rolls and think you are eating like the Inuit or that that is in anyway a complete diet.

After I finally erased my brainwashed ideas  that just eating muscle meat was a healthy zero carb diet, I added tons of eggs, especially yolks, grassffed butter

Yes, you are right, it may be very unwise to rely completely on muscle meats only.

But my question was: What kind of problems did you experience on such a muscle meat only ZC diet?

Löwenherz

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2011, 05:38:27 am »
Yes, you are right, it may be very unwise to rely completely on muscle meats only.

But my question was: What kind of problems did you experience on such a muscle meat only ZC diet?

Löwenherz

Nothing outwardly, but luckily I only did muscle meat only for about 6 months or so, before I got more into paleo eating and research and adapted paleo principles to being ZC. I was fine for years as a vegetarian--no outward issues--but luckily I did not stick to that. Muscle meat itself has lots of Vitamin B12, B6, zinc, selenium, etc. but is very deficient in Vitamin A, D, K2, etc.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2011, 03:43:12 am »
Nothing outwardly, but luckily I only did muscle meat only for about 6 months or so, before I got more into paleo eating and research and adapted paleo principles to being ZC. I was fine for years as a vegetarian--no outward issues--but luckily I did not stick to that. Muscle meat itself has lots of Vitamin B12, B6, zinc, selenium, etc. but is very deficient in Vitamin A, D, K2, etc.

Do you know which animal parts offer the highest amounts of vitamin D?
I have heard that backfat is relatively high(?).

Löwenherz
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 04:46:47 am by TylerDurden »

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2011, 05:30:47 am »

I have heard that backfat is relatively high(?).

I would think so along with any other subcutaneous fat.

I would also take a guess and say that blood probably has a good amount of vitamin D too.
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2011, 04:06:47 am »
Eggs and fish are probably the best sources of D.

Offline Fermenter Zym

• Bear Hunter
  • microcosm monkey, navigating inner-space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2011, 12:28:03 pm »
IFers, do you have to take into account when you workout and when you eat if you are only eating one time a day or does it not really matter?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk