Author Topic: Tdister is back on the wagon, trying carnivore  (Read 7052 times)

Offline tdister

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Tdister is back on the wagon, trying carnivore
« on: April 18, 2011, 06:58:58 pm »
I'm writing this in thanks to those who have paved the way and in hopes of helping others find theirs.

I'm slowly getting back into this raw paleo deal after a severe relapse into near SAD territory and the repercussions it brings to me.

I was doing raw omnivore for about three months last year about this time and did generally well. The best I'd been in years, actually. A dramatic change in living situation made even a cooked paleo diet rather difficult (excuses...). I'm back in a more raw friendly situation now and, after research  and contemplation, am going to attempt a carnivore approach for a while.

I am a good bit underweight (32 year old male; 5'10 @145lbs, I was 150 a week ago before I started "transitioning"). I have self-diagnosed candida overgrowth, as sure as I can be, which was what steered me in this direction. I get a bad drunk effect from gas-causing foods, of which there are many. I have severe lethargy regularly. Overall poor digestion of food. A small amount of peanuts gives me canker sores, possibly along with some fruits. I had fungus growing on my armpit hair recently. My underarms generally smell terrible, like chicken soup and beer or something. I also just feel plain terrible most of the time. Many other issues I may or may not get into. It really seems that nuts, fiber/cellulose and sugars just don't go well with my body right now. Raw fat seems to be where it's at.

Luckily, I am still at a point where I am fairly strong and have good days (usually preceded by clean eating...) where I go for 20-30 mile bike rides, for instance.

I plan to post some pics soon, though I am pretty insecure about my body right now.

My goals are first to improve my health overall, gaining some weight is my secondary objective. I am hoping they can go hand in hand. I don't have a target weight to achieve and won't allow it to interfere with my bodys overall healing but I would love to see 165 lbs of lean  machine looking back in the mirror as soon as possible.

--

I have been "transitioning" for about a week now, fasting one day and starting off eating a few pastured egg yolks every few hours and a whole egg here and there. Too many whole eggs run right through, though I believe this is temporary.  A few veggies and both cooked raw meats/fish as well and 2 terrible carb filled meals at my grandparents (prior commitments).

I've felt lightheaded upon standing regularly, I believe this has to do with a drastically reduced sodium intake and is temporary.

Even though I have learned lots thanks to you folks, I don't have that solid of a plan to go carnivore and am mostly relying on eggs, wild salmon, tuna, frozen grass fed marrow and roast. Hopefully I'll get some heart on Tuesday along with any other offal available. I have some liver tablets I take once in a while and plan to explore organs more, though I'm a bit squeamish.

I remember not digesting raw beef all that well (constipation and identifiable pieces) when eating beef, suet and veggies together and hope that won't be an issue this time. I plan to attempt high meat once I find some non-frozen. I would really like to find a decent non-frozen source for fats and organs too. I'm really hoping i can rely on lots of eggs, mostly yolks, to get me off to a good start.

Offline tdister

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: Tdister is back on the wagon, trying carnivore
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 05:15:38 am »
Today I got some local grass-fed fatty lamb chops for lunch and a lean beef london broil for an attempt at high meat. Both non-frozen.

I have to admit that once in a while, especially as I was preparing the high meat, I ask myself what the heck I'm doing. Raw meat. Raw meat going stank in a jar in the fridge? On purpose. And I'm going to eat it with virtually no chance of receiving a 50K check from Joe Rogan afterward.

I considered what good health is worth and placed the jar of meat in the fridge.

Desperation? Maybe some, but it's just as much out of laziness. I'm naturally looking for a fast & easy solution to my issues and am hoping high meat can harbor the probiotics to speed that along. A little bit of good old curiosity thrown in the mix too. I might not be making it if my health were better but I would surely be intrigued!

Sunbathed for a few minutes this afternoon but wasn't really digging the heat. Only 93 degrees out but i've  adjusted to cooler temps and am not feeling 100% anyway.

When I was feeling pretty good this morning I was out shopping and got told I had good color in my face by a lady who works at a thrift store that I frequent. I assume she meant compared to normal. I looked in the mirror and I could tell a difference even under florescent lighting, maybe all of the egg yolk nutrition is helping out.

Did a short bodyweight exercise routine this morning.

I also semi-frequently take Blue Ice FCLO.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 05:28:59 am »
Welcome back ?  ;)

Offline jfgrout3

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 06:05:52 am »
I used to have bacterial/fungus/sugar issues. In my opinion, if the body's bacteria has gotten out of balance, meaning an overgrowth of pathogenic bacteria, then any sugar including fruit sugar would only worsen the condition by feeding said pathogen bacteria. High meat may work, though to me it's smell and taste are unappealing, which tells me not to consume it, though on a bacterial strain evaluation it is probably good for you, as others on this forum have claimed success. I had great success with kefir from raw cow and goat milk. I did an all kefir diet for 2 weeks to treat my Ulcerative Colitis, which included major issues with any type of sugar even raw milk sugar. The kefir diet eliminated all bad bacteria by starving it from sugar then replacing it with the probiotic kefir bacteria. After that happened, the sugar from the raw milk simply fed the newly implanted healthy bacteria and my health and weight greatly improved. Again in my opinion and in my 10 years experience of raw eating, many people on these types of diets experience underweight and lethargy issues because a lot of raw meat simply is unappealing which leads to a lack of hunger and satiation. In may not be appropriate on this forum to sing the praises of raw milk, but I believe in it.

Offline tdister

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 08:05:39 am »
Excited to be back! Thanks

I might try the Kefir again, I was making some with goats milk but didn't really drink it much and ended up sending it elsewhere.

I still have implemented raw 100%, or even paleo for that matter, but I made good headway today at the farmers market and am going more that way everyday.

Today has been 6 egg yolks, 1 whole egg, FCLO, just had a lamb chop that's was getting a tiny bit ripe for dinner and there's a beef tongue thawing on the counter. Definitely not getting enough food in.

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 02:26:19 am »
I used to have bacterial/fungus/sugar issues. In my opinion, if the body's bacteria has gotten out of balance, meaning an overgrowth of pathogenic bacteria, then any sugar including fruit sugar would only worsen the condition by feeding said pathogen bacteria. High meat may work, though to me it's smell and taste are unappealing, which tells me not to consume it, though on a bacterial strain evaluation it is probably good for you, as others on this forum have claimed success. I had great success with kefir from raw cow and goat milk. I did an all kefir diet for 2 weeks to treat my Ulcerative Colitis, which included major issues with any type of sugar even raw milk sugar. The kefir diet eliminated all bad bacteria by starving it from sugar then replacing it with the probiotic kefir bacteria. After that happened, the sugar from the raw milk simply fed the newly implanted healthy bacteria and my health and weight greatly improved. Again in my opinion and in my 10 years experience of raw eating, many people on these types of diets experience underweight and lethargy issues because a lot of raw meat simply is unappealing which leads to a lack of hunger and satiation. In may not be appropriate on this forum to sing the praises of raw milk, but I believe in it.

Hello   jfgrout3,
Could you please share with us how much milk kefir did you drink per day, during those 2 weeks of ''kefir diet''?
Thank you
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk