Author Topic: Best Dish To Introduce Others To Raw Animal Foods?  (Read 4210 times)

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
Best Dish To Introduce Others To Raw Animal Foods?
« on: March 05, 2011, 09:35:11 pm »
My S.O. wants to try raw meat and asked me to prepare some kind of dish.  I usually just tear the meat off the bone or eat it plain, but I would like to make something fancy for her.  Suggestions???   She said she wants to try a raw steak.  I have some lamb steak.  What should I make?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Best Dish To Introduce Others To Raw Animal Foods?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 02:10:38 am »
Well, steak tartare is raw(just raw minced/ground beef with a raw egg in a slight hollow in the centre of the meat - some RVAFers might add raw olive-oil or raw butter to it as well.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 02:46:11 am »
check out some of inger and yuli's threads in the culinary section, there are some really beautiful displays there! i think the biggest thing for introducing someone to raf is the presentation of the meal.  keep it simple, but divine looking.  maybe take care the meat is about room temperature too, i think cold meat could be a turn-off, was for me for a while. another idea is to use on of av's recipes for a sauce.  and last touch, i think it's fun to eat with chopsticks :D

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 03:12:04 am »
Thinly sliced red meat is very appetizing (e.g carpaccio). Raw tuna is also a good start.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 05:12:55 am »
Don't forget its raw meat not a paleo dish, so if you need to spice it up with some raw cheese or something just to get her started then do it. IMO its very important that her first intro be a very pleasant one.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 05:27:26 am by TylerDurden »
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 07:48:31 am »
Thanks for the suggestions.  Right off I mentioned steak tartar to her, but she said she doesn't want to eat ground meat, she would rather eat chunks of meat.  I know she really likes sushi and raw fish. 

Right now I only have cuts of grass fed lamb to work with, I will see what I can come up with.  I will try to take some pictures before we eat it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk