Author Topic: Rotten shark  (Read 4715 times)

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Rotten shark
« on: December 05, 2009, 08:01:18 am »
Wasn't sure if this was posted..off topic?
just wait through the advertisement

http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/player/places/culture-places/food/iceland_rottensharkmeat.html

check out the videos to the right,
goat fetus video too

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Rotten shark
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 02:34:30 pm »
    I would try it.  

They say it smells heavily of ammonia.  High ammonia foods are supposed to detox people of some poisonings.  I bet the people who eat it are very healthy because of doing so.  I'm glad they're keeping this tradition.

I only tried (raw) shark once.  It was not this kind, nor fermented.  I was quite the opposite of impressed to say the least.  I swore I'd never try it again.  Then after learning of fermented shark, I think I will try it may fermented next time.  I bet it will have much better effect.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 05:02:23 pm »
I love the taste of raw shark, it's my favourite raw seafood apart from raw scallops. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to get hold of, and somewhat unethical, soi feel guilty buying it.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 09:40:46 pm »
I love the taste of raw shark, it's my favourite raw seafood apart from raw scallops. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to get hold of, and somewhat unethical, soi feel guilty buying it.

I only just watched a program on one of the BBC's; they got to talk about shark meat and that raw shark meat was toxic for humans! They said it needed to dry for many months (ferment) to make it fit for humans. The person (from the BBC) ate some for the first time and said it stank -v

Nicola

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 10:58:46 pm »
I only just watched a program on one of the BBC's; they got to talk about shark meat and that raw shark meat was toxic for humans! They said it needed to dry for many months (ferment) to make it fit for humans. The person (from the BBC) ate some for the first time and said it stank -v

Nicola

It's cold water shark meat that has so much ammonia that it's toxic.  Regular warmer water shark meat is not toxic.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 11:35:02 pm »
They said it needed to dry for many months (ferment) to make it fit for humans. 
It's real delicacy  8)
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 02:17:49 am »

Nicola

Yes, that was the worst park.  I smelled something like Pinesol from it for days afterward.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 06:47:19 am »
Reminds me of the chlorine cleanse a person did to detox themselves and smelled of chlorine for days or how people smell of garlic for days.

The same with ammonia where people drink urine and smell of ammonia or urine (ammonia is in urine) for days.

Looks like high meat with simply another attribute to it to me. Though if I did it i'd let the shark simply hang for a few days.  But a nice delicacy none the less.

But is there so much ammonia i'd die? Scary...:(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk