Author Topic: What form of cardio(if any) is compatible with power/olympiclifting  (Read 4227 times)

Offline personman

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
Hi all, I am wondering if cardio(and of what sort) is compatible with power/olympiclifting. Currently I am walking 30 minutes per day at a brisk pace but have stumbled upon some information regarding tabata/HIIT training that I had not known about previously. I am wondering if there are any knowledgeable folk out there who know what variety of cardio works best with the above styles of weight/strength training? I could always use soem improvement and avoidance of the demon cortisol in massive amounts. Any feedback would be a help.

Offline Max

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
I would say sprints and sprints up a hill would be compatible with weightlifting.
"The strong white teeth sank into the raw and dripping flesh in apparent relish of the meal, but Clayton could not bring himself to share the uncooked meat with his strange host; instead he watched him, and presently there dawned upon him the conviction that this was Tarzan of the Apes....." - Edgar Rice Burroughs, 'Tarzan of the Apes'

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
here are some things I do that involve cardio and are great for me with strength training and warmups.

box jumps
jump rope
rowing machine
burpees
air squats/hindu squats
bear crawls
lunges
wheelbarrow walk
large diameter rope work (whipping a long heavy rope held standing)
tabata intervals
shuttle runs, 500m, 1k

much of this is done at/in-line-with cross-fit Olympic lifting

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk