Author Topic: Foods or things that can reduce stomach acid  (Read 23076 times)

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
Foods or things that can reduce stomach acid
« on: April 30, 2011, 05:12:30 pm »
Hi. I'm working on an idea that some of my digestion problems are caused by my stomach becoming too acid in order to handle cooked meat, so it's too much for raw meat.

Do you know anything I could try to reduce the acid and see if it helps?

I tried some antacid pill the other day and it felt worse if anything. I'm reluctant to invest in a load of edible clay because I'm not sure if it will help and hope this won't last long.

Any ideas? Don't mind if it's not strictly raw paleo or non-medicinal as I think it will be very temporary.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Foods or things that can reduce stomach acid
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 05:21:49 pm »
stop cooked meat go raw for long time and stomach readapt fast I think...

Try some baking soda IDK..

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 10:19:10 pm »
Bread absorbs stomach acid. Other starchy foods also work similarly but bread is the most effective with its sponge-like properties. I eat it to control stomach acid and it helps significantly.

Offline donrad

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Omnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 09:16:23 pm »
If you are getting acid reflux you are not eating right. This is one of the top complaints brought to doctors in western diet countries. Millions of dollars are spent every year for medications to treat the symptoms.

It is unnatural. Indigenous peoples eating traditional diets do not get acid reflux. It is a disease of civilization.

Do NOT cover up the symptoms it will just make things worse. You need the acid in your stomach to digest your food. The problem is that the acid is backing up into your esophagus. Find the cause and correct your eating habits. There is a lot of information about this on the web.

For me it was no more alcoholic beverages and more fiber in the diet.
Naturally, Don

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 09:53:49 pm »
Raw potato juice will stop the secretion of stomach acid, i believe.
That's not paleo.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 11:29:31 pm »
Hi. I'm working on an idea that some of my digestion problems are caused by my stomach becoming too acid in order to handle cooked meat, so it's too much for raw meat.

I tried some antacid pill the other day and it felt worse if anything. I'm reluctant to invest in a load of edible clay because I'm not sure if it will help and hope this won't last long.

Any ideas? Don't mind if it's not strictly raw paleo or non-medicinal as I think it will be very temporary.

Have you ever done a colon cleanse?

Colon constipation of old matter is the #1 cause of acid reflux / gerd

I have personally advised and cured people with mere colon cleansing.

Check out these examples:

http://www.curelibrary.com/blog/health-notes/25-year-old-young-mother-cured-of-acid-reflux/

and

http://www.curelibrary.com/blog/health-notes/antacid-addict-cured-of-acid-reflux-via-herbal-colon-cleansing/
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 04:43:43 pm »
Well I've been eating semi-raw semi cooked paleo for a while and my colon has shrunk to allow regular movements. I'm not sure if there's anything bad in there.

I'm prepared to give it a go though. What do you suggest for a colon cleanse that I can get in England?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 06:36:29 pm »
Colosan? Oxypowder? Red Juice?  Check Amazon.co.uk
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 08:41:07 pm »
Ok thanks, will bear that in mind.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 04:50:23 am »

I have heard many times that olive oil reduces stomach acidity.

But I wonder if it could ever be a good idea to lower stomach acid?? Some scientists claim that the opposite is true: Supposedly over-acidity symptoms are actually caused by too low levels of acid...

Here is an interesting book about this topic:

http://www.amazon.com/Why-Stomach-Acid-Good-You/dp/0871319314/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304369453&sr=8-1

Löwenherz
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 04:55:46 am by TylerDurden »

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 12:15:05 pm »
I think it's about the difference between raw and cooked meat. Cooked meat I feel fine. Raw meat I feel acid, and crave cooked to settle my stomach.

My tentative conclusion is that cooked food makes more of the acid, and raw food needs less so I need to get used to it.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 01:26:49 pm »
Try overdosing on various probiotics for 2 weeks.  Then experiment again.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 01:45:07 pm »
I think it's about the difference between raw and cooked meat. Cooked meat I feel fine. Raw meat I feel acid, and crave cooked to settle my stomach.

My tentative conclusion is that cooked food makes more of the acid, and raw food needs less so I need to get used to it.
That's interesting because I have an acidic system normally, but since I switched to raw (from cooked vege for 23 years) I have less issues. At first the increased fruit that I ate was problematic, but I backed off that and am now fine.

Every time my GF and/or I have cooked food now, we moan the next day that if the other really loved us they wouldn't have let us eat cooked.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 03:06:20 pm by TylerDurden »
Cheers
Al

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 04:42:06 am »

Even if cooked food does you more acid that acid should remain in a healthy stomach.

Acid reflux can happen when you dont have sufficient ammount of HCL or when the acid is weak to a level where the esophagus lower valve aint feels it!

tell us a little bit more what you think of your problem please I belive it can be easily fixed!

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2011, 02:14:16 pm »
I don't know what the problem is. I went all raw for 2 days and the acid feeling went away, but on day 3 I just felt awful...weak and bit sick. I passed a little bit of loose green stool.

I don't know why raw meat gives me so much trouble. It's obviously something to do with digestion. I'm going to the market so will get some proper high meat on the go, but I do eat semi-high.

Raw gives me problems, but I digest cooked fine.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 04:30:43 am »
how many meals per day do you eat?

Maybe go on 1 big meal of meat at evening, and a fruit at launch will be good for you!
If your digestive system is weak or damaged you need to let it heal its self so dont eat alot for now.

Fast for 3 days and on this 3 days overdose with probiotics and take some magnesium and potassium sups with it + lots of sun shine .
after 3 days teach your body 1 meal a day. ( give your body some rest empty your mind)  do something with your girl just forget about food for 3 days.

are you ZC? do you eat enough fats?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 04:36:42 am by achillezzz »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk