Author Topic: Raw Trout?  (Read 11470 times)

Offline Max

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Raw Trout?
« on: May 08, 2011, 08:20:25 am »
Raw trout, anyone eat it?  Opinions?

My stepdad caught 10 trout today in a pond not far from my parents house.  I live in Wisconsin, I think the ponds and streams in the area are clean, but I don't know for sure.

What's everyones take on Raw fresh water fish?

"The strong white teeth sank into the raw and dripping flesh in apparent relish of the meal, but Clayton could not bring himself to share the uncooked meat with his strange host; instead he watched him, and presently there dawned upon him the conviction that this was Tarzan of the Apes....." - Edgar Rice Burroughs, 'Tarzan of the Apes'

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Raw Trout?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 09:41:30 am »
I think I read somewhere that all that trout, even organic trout, is usually fed on crap. Maybe wild trout exists?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Ninacma

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 07:27:27 pm »
I wouldn't worry. I eat raw trout all the time as sashimi, it tastes significantly better than salmon in my opinion. Check out the Wikipedia page, they state that trout "contains one of the lowest amounts of dioxins (a type of environmental contaminant) of all oily fishes"

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 11:03:34 pm »
    I was talking with some non-raw eaters about fresh water fish etc last night.  They insisted raw fresh water fish will give a parasite and people just die from that, period! 

Aajonus says not to eat it; because people don't heal as fast eating that as compared to other raw foods, if I recall correctly.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Max

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 12:20:30 am »
For now, I think I won't eat them.  Maybe when I've be completely raw for a long time I will try some fresh caught, fresh water fish.
"The strong white teeth sank into the raw and dripping flesh in apparent relish of the meal, but Clayton could not bring himself to share the uncooked meat with his strange host; instead he watched him, and presently there dawned upon him the conviction that this was Tarzan of the Apes....." - Edgar Rice Burroughs, 'Tarzan of the Apes'

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 10:28:01 pm »
Freshwater fish are much more likely to carry dangerous parasites.

Also, ocean fish have a much higher mineral content in their environment, and their food is more nutritious, because of that mineral content.

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 05:43:25 am »
Freshwater fish are much more likely to carry dangerous parasites.

Also, ocean fish have a much higher mineral content in their environment, and their food is more nutritious, because of that mineral content.

I don't believe the parasites are dangerous, if anything like said on here before, we're not their intended host so it wouldn't bother us. The parasitic scare is wish wash and it's easy to control them on paleo. Just another fear that's negative on diet.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 05:48:00 am »
Hey Max, we're a few hours apart here in WI. What is the area where they were caught like? If there are crop fields nearby, or if it is from a stream that passes through crop land higher up, then it is 100% guaranteed to be contaminated with fertilizer and pesticide runoff, but if the fish seem healthy you can still eat them (though I typically don't consume freshwater fish unless they are many many miles from civilization, industry and cropland). If however the spring is sprung in woodlands, and stays inside of woodlands without passing through cropland, then you are much better off. Anyway, just breathing in the chemtrails that are sprayed in the air is probably more toxic than an isolated batch of wildcaught freshwater stream trout, so I'd say enjoy, especially the organs!

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 08:08:50 pm »
In AV's second book he wrote:
"I do not eat freshwater fish unless I catch it in a non-polluted lake."
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk