Author Topic: Blood in marrow?  (Read 4166 times)

Offline Max

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Blood in marrow?
« on: May 08, 2011, 08:58:47 am »
Hey I was getting some marrow out of the bone (the soft kind of marrow) and about 30% of the marrow was red and goupy.  Is it bad?  Should I eat it?
"The strong white teeth sank into the raw and dripping flesh in apparent relish of the meal, but Clayton could not bring himself to share the uncooked meat with his strange host; instead he watched him, and presently there dawned upon him the conviction that this was Tarzan of the Apes....." - Edgar Rice Burroughs, 'Tarzan of the Apes'

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Blood in marrow?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 09:40:42 am »
No, it's wonderful. It means you've gotten the tastier, creamier type of raw marrow.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 11:39:50 am »
Depends on what you mean by red and goopy. Healthy marrow should be pink/white or a cream color, it should look healthy.

Unhealthy marrow exhibits different color and texture qualities. Black or blue discoloration. Very red and bloody looking...like this...  http://www.wildwoodtracking.com/awte/awte2005/050222-001129.jpg would be unhealthy, see this page for an explanation...  http://www.wildwoodtracking.com/awte/awte2005/03.html

Basically you're looking for pinkish whitish marrow with either a gritty cream texture or a smooth cream texture and flavor. Any deviation from that and you've probably got issues
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 01:39:33 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 01:40:26 pm »
Can't see that picture as I am not authorised to read it, apparently. Incidentally, I have eaten raw marrow that was partially dark red in colour without any issues whatsoever. It's perfectly healthy.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 06:13:35 pm »
Really? I wonder why that could be, it's not on a passworded site. I'm not saying you can't eat discolored marrow, I do, but it is still a sign that the animal is either experiencing disease or has used up it's stores because of some stress factor.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 09:32:34 pm »
The marrow I get comes with some blood.  It's fine.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline MarkC

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 07:00:23 pm »
I sawed some bones today to extract marrow. They had been sitting at room temp for three days. When I pushed into the marrow, blood began to ooze out of the bone. The marrow was red, soft and creamy, seemed to be soaked in blood, tasted good with a distinct blood-like flavour.

Offline zaidi

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 07:20:49 pm »
Here is the direct image of that unhealthy red marrow.

Depends on what you mean by red and goopy. Healthy marrow should be pink/white or a cream color, it should look healthy.

Unhealthy marrow exhibits different color and texture qualities. Black or blue discoloration. Very red and bloody looking...like this...  http://www.wildwoodtracking.com/awte/awte2005/050222-001129.jpg would be unhealthy, see this page for an explanation...  http://www.wildwoodtracking.com/awte/awte2005/03.html

Basically you're looking for pinkish whitish marrow with either a gritty cream texture or a smooth cream texture and flavor. Any deviation from that and you've probably got issues

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk