Author Topic: Tales of the Raw Meat Eater  (Read 4609 times)

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
Tales of the Raw Meat Eater
« on: May 08, 2011, 11:39:13 pm »
It doesn't seem like that a thread of stories and experiences exists. If you have any tales of eating raw meat in public or converting your friends--share them here!

==

After 2 days of this diet, I decided to jump on a special opportunity to share this new philosophy of eating raw meat with a friend of mine. A vegetarian for several years, my friend was turning 24 and I wanted to prepare a special meal for him for his birthday that would challenge him (in several ways). Furthermore, my friend is also about to leave the country for the first time to live in Taiwan temporarily and I wanted to help prepare him for experiences and situations he may have to encounter (such as specifically eating meat, and more broadly, things that are abnormal for him).

I invited him over and we enjoyed some carrot juice and a very light vegetable dish to prepare our stomachs. Afterwards, I served liver (a la  goodsamaritan's recipe) rib, sweetbreads, and cow tongue as the main course.

As for his reaction, at first sight of the liver he looked completely shocked and confused but once he tried the liver he enjoyed the flavor. He continued to try everything that I had prepared and asked for second servings of the liver!  :o

Also, and this is very key: that I took the time to prepare the meal--that is cut the meat into manageable pieces and put effort into the presentation (much like Inger does), enjoying the meat was much easier for both him and I. Had I not done that, the shock value might have been too intense for him and might have scared him (but, that all depends on the individual). In short, presentation is important--whatever your purpose be!  :)

I don't think he will become a raw meat eater, but now he seems completely comfortable with the idea of eating raw meat--that is, if the meat is of good quality and safe.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of the Raw Meat Eater
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 10:29:35 am »
converting vegetarians one at a time :D

did you take pictures of your presentation?

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 11:48:10 pm »
Sadly, no.

I wanted to take photographs but I didn't have time.

What I really need to do is take photographs of myself to document what I look like and how I feel before the effects of eating raw meat daily have taken hold of me. I except a dramatic change not unlike many of the others members of this forum.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 05:31:35 am »
If you have any tales of ... converting your friends--share them here!

==

After 2 days of this diet, I decided to jump on a special opportunity to share this new philosophy of eating ... A vegetarian for several years, my friend was turning 24 and I wanted to prepare a special meal ... for his birthday that would challenge him ... Furthermore, my friend is also about to leave the country for the first time to live in Taiwan temporarily and I wanted to help prepare him for experiences ... he may have to encounter (such as ... eating ... things that are abnormal for him).

I invited him over and we enjoyed some ... liver (a la  goodsamaritan's recipe) rib, sweetbreads, and cow tongue as the main course.

... at first sight of the liver he looked completely shocked and confused but once he tried the liver he enjoyed the flavor. He continued to try everything that I had prepared and asked for second servings of the liver!  :o

... In short, presentation is important--whatever your purpose be!  :)

I don't think he will become a raw meat eater, but now he seems completely comfortable with the idea of eating raw meat--... if the meat is ... safe.

I never thought of converting people, unless they have poor health and time is of the essence in changing because of that.  I have made comments to people in passing, and then they asked for my number or email and told me they started raw meat etc because of me.  I think I might become more proactive and find people nearby to convert.  It sounds like you two had fun. 

It's exciting too, isn't it, when you first start eating this way and make all the connections in your head and the health of your body.  Uprooting a plant or having to eat so many plants that you make waste profusely is so different from eating a raw chicken that only ate bugs from your garden.  It leaves the earth in prettier condition, save a few bones.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 08:00:14 am »
Exactly. After never have eaten meat consciously my entire life, I found a profound understanding of eating every little morsel my teeth and hands could snare away from bones and connective tissue.

As I ate cow tongue today, I noticed little tubes (I thought they are known as ventricles, but that can't be right) like spaghetti that ran throughout the meat and thought: how interesting to learn about my meat in such a intimate way. The experience is enlightening but also humbling if treated with respect. I know understand why ancient and simple cultures use everything on an animal; everything is useful!

And as you suggest, the same curiosity, illumination and excitement is applicable socially, too! I've already made plans with another friend to eat together sometime soon!

Now I'm interested in hosting a raw meat party!  O0

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 11:44:35 am »
The paleo fervor hit me early into my diet, where I felt like Captain Paleo Planet.( with our paleo powers combine). I even got on local radio and tried to tell almost everyone about this wonderful way of sustaining oneself. Its seems the best way to impress someone is to shine by example.

After 16 months or so on this diet I gained so much strength and vitality that I can now show it off along with my blood work and family testimony , and possible documentary ; as proof of what this diet can do.

I was playing around the playground and was climbing a rope while my kids were playing, when someone I knew told me to climb to the top, I did so in impressive form and when I got down I heard a woman tell her son if you eat your vegetables like him you will grow up big and strong, and then my friend told her  offhandedly he eats raw meat.

Then I talked to another man who was impressed with the rope climbing and I told him about my diet and documentary and he seemed interested, we even had some common knowledge of Gary Taulbs, and I used that to transition into talking about the high fat raw animal foods diet.

No converts so far, but I know someone who would convert if I could get a research grant to pay for the food cost.

I think the documentary people were totally impressed. Hopefully I can charm over the right network executive enough to give me a whole series. (It could happen)
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 11:46:47 am »
Seems like the converts are already in this forum.  ;D
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 05:59:43 am »
To follow up, I received an e-mail from my friend that read:

I still haven't integrated the experience of being fed raw meat.  This was something special... I can't quite explain but I may try to later.  I felt psychologically dominated while also liberated in some way.

I asked him to explain and he replied:

I arrived at your house in the late hours of an afternoon becoming more and more un-picnic-worthy.  I imagined a sort of romantic scenario, a meal between [more or less] vegetarians.  The first course aside, what I first saw was a monstrosity of dark pink.  Have you ever watched a horror movie?  At at a grotesque showing or realization, the music may feature a high-climbing string glissando... like, at the sight of a corpse?  This is the music that played in my head when you presented the liver to me.  For all I knew, it could have been juiced meat that had congealed.

And there you were, telling me to eat flesh.  And I did.  And it tasted exactly as I remembered.  I mentioned feeling "liberated" ... well, I think this experience liberated me from the feeling of vegetarianism-as-religion, which I had fallen into.  There we were tearing apart chunks from the ribs of a cow, and I felt very alive.  It had such a sensual overtone, a sort of forbidden pleasure about it all.  As is no doubt obvious to you, I think you're the bee's knees; for you to present me with a situation where I pleasure in something I normally eschew was very metaphoric to me.  So, from a romantic standpoint, you had pre-empted every fantasy I ever had of simply asserting dominance (with the assurance that you'd really enjoy it in the end).

From a practical standpoint, I now have absolutely no qualms whatsoever about accepting whatever food is offered to me, and will judge objectively and consciously the cuisine I encounter in Taiwan.

[/i]
Pretty raw (no pun intended). It seems he took to meat the same way I did. There was something so satisfying about tearing into a piece of meat and not feeling guilty about it. I too can admit to have had falling to vegetarianism as a religion--believing that meat was the devil and not understanding anyone who was ignorant enough not to see the obvious.

I'm glad I eat raw meat.

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 12:55:14 am »
Ha-ha, success again! I've now introduced four people into the realm of raw meat cuisine.

My boss heard about how I eat raw meat and became curious in the face of a losing battle with yeast. She asked if I could help ease her into eating raw meats. I shared a meal of wild goose with her. I think it went well although she had built up a lot of anxiety worrying about the risk and danger of eating raw meat but once the meal began she kept on repeating: "This is just like sushi". I'm not sure if she will continue to exclusively eat meat in an uncooked state but this could be the beginning for a lot of changes.

I also passed on some information about diets low in carbohydrates, high in fats and yeast.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 01:12:44 am by TylerDurden »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk