Author Topic: What are all the vitamins/minerals lost from cooking meat?  (Read 2063 times)

Offline ColeJames

• Forager
    • View Profile
Hey all, as I stated in my introduction thread, I'm slowly easing myself into the raw paleo lifestyle. Since I'm still not getting used to the taste of raw meat, I will take the approach of gradually lowering the cooking time of my meat over an extended period of time until I'm fine with it completely raw. In the meantime however, I understand that many of the nutrients are lost from the cooked meat. I know that some include vitamin C and B-6. What are all the others? I don't want any sort of deficiency as I transition, so I think the best thing to do is take supplements along the way until I'm full raw and no longer need supplements. So other than vitamin C and B6, can anyone give me a definitive list of all the nutrients lost from cooking meat? Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 03:27:41 am by TylerDurden »
It's not what we don't know that is harmful; it's what we think we know but actually don't.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: What are all the vitamins/minerals lost from cooking meat?
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 04:35:15 am »
Judging from Tyler's first link, grilling the meat and having it a bit rare may be the best bet. Grilling loses less than stewing say.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk