Author Topic: Sickness vs. Detox  (Read 4474 times)

Offline Squall

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
Sickness vs. Detox
« on: September 17, 2008, 01:28:24 pm »
I've read a lot on these forums about "detox" which sounds an awful lot like being sick, having a cold, getting a bug, etc. I remember AV talking about this in his books as well. In fact that was my first exposure to that perspective. It made more sense to me, too. Traditional viral theory never sat well with me. Plus I never got sick whenever other people did, and vice versa.

It all comes down to causes and effects. So which do you guys believe: virus populations in the body cause disease, or disease in the body result in virus populations?

The first argument paints the virus as an aggressor against the body. To use AV's terms, the second paints the virus as a "demolition crew". One is harmful. The other helpful. Interesting how it all turns on the simple observation that virus appears when disease appears. But to you guys: which one causes which? I find this a fascinating subject ...
The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd.

- Bertrand Russell

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Sickness vs. Detox
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 04:48:21 pm »
I suspect that the truth lies somewhere inbetween. I mean wild animals on healthy diets can get diseases which kill many members of a herd. On the other hand, it's well-known that children of farmers get sick much less than children in urban environments. The author and former vet, James Herriott, noted that the healthiest children in the Yorkshire Dales were the children of the man at the slaughterhouse despite(LOL!) the fact that they regularly played with the rotting innards/guts of the animals their father slaughtered.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

rawrock2

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 05:58:04 pm »
So which do you guys believe: virus populations in the body cause disease, or disease in the body result in virus populations?

I'm not sure that it matters.  The solution begins and ends with food.

Satya

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 12:43:27 am »
I suspect that the truth lies somewhere in between. I mean wild animals on healthy diets can get diseases which kill many members of a herd. On the other hand, it's well-known that children of farmers get sick much less than children in urban environments. The author and former vet, James Herriott, noted that the healthiest children in the Yorkshire Dales were the children of the man at the slaughterhouse despite(LOL!) the fact that they regularly played with the rotting innards/guts of the animals their father slaughtered.

I totally agree.  Look at the Native Americans who were wiped out by small pox, yet they were a hell of a lot healthier than the European conquerors.  It works both ways.  I think positing that some pathogens are somehow helpful is fantasy.  That said, we civilized folk tend to be pathogen paranoid.  I like the middle path.

William

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 10:59:14 am »
I totally agree.  Look at the Native Americans who were wiped out by small pox, yet they were a hell of a lot healthier than the European conquerors.  It works both ways.  I think positing that some pathogens are somehow helpful is fantasy.  That said, we civilized folk tend to be pathogen paranoid.  I like the middle path.

Maybe not all of them were wiped out - maybe just the corn-eaters?
Those who lived in the northern parts of what is now Canada could not grow corn, likewise the Inuit.

If you google Kouchakoff  you can see reports of his work that showed that eating cooked food causes changes in the blood that are characteristic of consuming a pathogen. So cooked-food eaters are just used to being a little sick. All the time.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 02:01:53 pm »
I currently believe there are our own beneficial germs and the bad germs.
I watch out and try to continuously learn when it is my body's own cleaning up action or a case of bad germs.

Diet techniques, alkalizing techniques, detox techniques... I'm interested in them all.  Also bad germs control techniques... I'm interested in them all.

With enough observation, reading and experience, you get to know when is when and act upon it.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 07:02:31 am »

It might be the small pox that killed them, but who is to say that it wasn't a change in their diet program that lead to susceptibility to small pox infection? Weston Price was very clear in his book about how much more people on modern foods were susceptible to tuberculosis.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk