Author Topic: Which Aajonus book to get?  (Read 4399 times)

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Which Aajonus book to get?
« on: December 18, 2011, 10:21:16 am »
If I can only afford one, should I get "we want to live" or "the recipe for living without disease" ?  I can't decide!!  If it helps, I already know his back-story from podcasts, and would mainly be interested in the science behind raw food, and what to do for specific health problems re: raw food, and recipes. 

Thanks!!

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Which Aajonus book to get?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 10:25:17 am »
I'd start with We Want to Live. Recipe for Living Without Disease is mostly just a recipe book.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 10:37:25 am »
get both.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

CitrusHigh

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 10:40:32 am »
Hi Sile,

If I were you, I'd check to see if your local library has either of his books.

I started off, way back when with his second book. It's great and that was several years after I was RAF already, but his first book is just far more comprehensive.

Still I just recently found that through our Interlibrary Loan System here in Minnesota, I have access to his first book but not the second. So by buying the second and borrowing the first I am able to cover both (even though it was unplanned and my girlfriend just bought the first anyway)

So check with your library and then maybe buy whichever they don't have. If they have both, then I'd recommend you start off with the first.

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 10:52:19 am »
Wonderful!  Thanks for the quick replies! :-)
Oh my gosh, I think I can actually get the 1st book from interlibrary loan!! Yipeee!!!!
Thanks for reminding me to check there!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 12:41:42 pm »
I never thought much of the 1st book. The 2nd book has a few mentions of scientific studies. Sadly, it doesn't go into detail on heat-created toxins, just talking about them in a very general way.

GS, off topic I know, but I couldn't reach you via PM:- could you please replace the  dull "-v" term for a more decent "vomiting" icon? Craig introduced one which was great:- a blue face whose mouth swelled to monstrous proportions before turning right and expelling vomit, then repeating the cycle.  Replacing the devil and tail icons would be great, too. Thanks.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 02:49:39 pm »
I'd say "go library" because I bought the first book before I started reading this forum, and for my personal preference, this forum has more information that I find useful. I don't really follow all of his advice - for example, I don't use juices or dairy, and I don't use sauces, blenders, etc.

AV's book did get me set in the raw meat direction, though, and so it was not useless. It was the first book that I ever read about healing that had anything to do with eating meat, and for that alone, it was worth it.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 12:55:15 am »
Eve's so right. I went through AV's recipe book (borrowed from a friend) and almost every recipe included dairy. If you eat dairy, are into coconut cream, sauces (mostly with dairy) and juicing/blending, then get the recipe book because it will be useful to keep and use in your kitchen. There are very few recipes that don't include dairy or coconut cream.

If you want to give pure essential paleo a try, you have all you need right here.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 01:15:55 am »
While AV's recipes are a waste of time, mostly involving nuts, dairy, coconut cream and veggie juices, I do think we should include a rawpalaeodiet-friendly list of raw recipes, mainly for newbies. There are a lot of online recipes concerning raw animal foods which usually contain some non-rawpalaeo ingredient. I  was hoping that someone like Inger etc. might start a thread in which they could provide countless raw recipes which didn't contain modern sauces like tabasco sauce etc., but which still tasted fine.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 01:58:34 am »
Good idea about the recipe thread!!  I would love that and would definitely contribute to it in the future :-)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 02:38:39 am by TylerDurden »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk