Author Topic: Rats, Raccoons, Possums, and other rodents  (Read 4860 times)

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
Rats, Raccoons, Possums, and other rodents
« on: May 21, 2011, 09:26:29 pm »
Can you eat them raw? Don't yell at me for being misinformed but is it true they may have rabies or other diseases? I'm just not sure.

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Rats, Raccoons, Possums, and other rodents
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 09:33:07 pm »
Ewww.... They live in civilization eating our garbage. Why would you want to?  -v
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 09:38:39 pm »
Ewww.... They live in civilization eating our garbage. Why would you want to?  -v

Not the city sewer ones but the ones in the wild , a lot of people eat the wild ones but i'm curious. Could be a new food I can add to my diet  :D

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 09:44:29 pm »
Can you eat them raw? Don't yell at me for being misinformed but is it true they may have rabies or other diseases? I'm just not sure.

not city rats, no way.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 09:51:25 pm »
If you intend to eat a carnivore, be cautious.

From Going Feral:

Still, there are parasites that the indigenous people of this land would get very sick from. Like, say, trichinosis – a parasite that inhabits the flesh (skeletal muscle tissue, specifically) of omnivores (bear, raccoon, seal, cat etc..), sometimes fatal to humans when ingested, hence warnings to always cook the meat of such creatures very well, while the meat of herbivores is commonly eaten rare or raw totally safely.

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 09:53:55 pm »
Not the city sewer ones but the ones in the wild , a lot of people eat the wild ones but i'm curious. Could be a new food I can add to my diet  :D

Unfortunately in the US, the "wild" is often not far from centers of civilization.  :P
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 10:01:51 pm »
Unfortunately in the US, the "wild" is often not far from centers of civilization.  :P

Yep yep, like desert areas, or a little forest, etc free of sewage, shit, and human messups =)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Urgent possum
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 02:50:42 am »
   Found now, a stabbed? Possum. Clinging to life. What should I do with it? More likely a dog mauled it.

Should I eat it? Heal it with a vet? I'm singing so far reviving it that way.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 03:46:56 am by TylerDurden »
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

CitrusHigh

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 06:10:45 am »
you can offer it some raw food and a dark warm place with access to water, or if it looks like it's too far gone to help, then it wouldn't be wrong to end it's suffering.

I wouldn't eat it unless you live out in the middle of nowhere and you're sure it hasn't been feeding on refuse.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 07:34:20 am »
    It looked healthy otherwise, nice coat of fur, clean etc. I found it in a puddle, wasn' t breathing. There are woods all around, not thick woods, but thick enough. When I got it breathing (belaboredly) and moving a little, it picked its head up and drank a few times, blowing bubbles in the warer with its nose. It was in a well fenced small area, but it then bit by bit inched itself to the fence, under the fence, and across the field towards the trees. I offered it raw chicken and highmeat in the meantime, but I could tell although it appreciated some attention, it just wanted a quiet place, perhaps to die. I had to go. My son who I talk here about watched. It crept start stop and left. There were dogs barking maybe fifty yards away. I think it may have been them who bit him.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk