Author Topic: Organic Pastures  (Read 3724 times)

Offline Squall

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
Organic Pastures
« on: September 18, 2008, 09:46:53 am »
This is the website I've ordered raw milk from. I did a search for it with the forum search tool but I don't think anybody has mentioned it yet.

They claim to be grass-fed and I've placed two orders with them so far. Their milk was good, and their cream was to die for. Personally, raw dairy doesn't sit well with me, so I most likely will not order anything else, but for those of you who do well with dairy, I would say that this seems to be a good source.

Pardon if this has already been posted elsewhere.
The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd.

- Bertrand Russell

coconinoz

Re: Organic Pastures
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 01:35:32 pm »

1ce i emailed the owner/manager of 'organic pastures' (which is a dairy farm near fresno, ca) -- his name is macaffee, if i remember correctly -- & he wrote back to me:

even though his cows are 100% pastured, i.e. spend their whole time out in an organic field, they are not 100% grass fed -- each & every 1 of his cows eats 4 ib/~2 kilo corn daily
he added that this is the very best milk products can get in this country (us); i did not bother to write back doubting this statement of his

in fact, i took his email as yet another incentive for me to stop the milk product nonsense for good

i truly appreciate, however, his courage to face both the usda & the cal food & agri dept

agri ~ ugly

« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 02:14:43 pm by coconinoz »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 05:37:24 pm »
The trouble with raw dairy is that feeding the cattle grains stimulates the cows re extra milk production, so it's a major incentive to the farmer to do so. I've also heard about one scandal where Sally Fallon and the WAPF leadership protected 1 raw-dairy-farmer from accusations from lay-members that his dairy-producing cattle were actually partially-grainfed.

I've heard that the Amish in Pennsylvania are 100% reliable.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoKyle

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 06:24:20 pm »
The trouble with raw dairy is that feeding the cattle grains stimulates the cows re extra milk production, so it's a major incentive to the farmer to do so. I've also heard about one scandal where Sally Fallon and the WAPF leadership protected 1 raw-dairy-farmer from accusations from lay-members that his dairy-producing cattle were actually partially-grainfed.

I've heard that the Amish in Pennsylvania are 100% reliable.

Yes, the Pennsylvania amish are reliable for outstanding dairy.....at least the organic farmers. While I am not consuming dairy I do work with a couple amish dairy farmers. I do not know any off the top of my head, but there are a few that do ship. Being amish they don't have a website or anything so you would have to get the Phone number to order. Maybe WAPF has info on one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk