Author Topic: Loss of Appetite  (Read 27241 times)

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Loss of Appetite
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2011, 11:34:44 am »
If this works for you, I would be interested to know what you're taking.

I have taken LB-17 with decent results and now I am taking Floraderm.

I've heard from others that when taking Floraderm, you can feel it working. Today, I've taken 3 capsules and I do feel a bit of heat and churning once I take the pills. Hopefully this is a good sign.

As for LB-17: when I began taking LB-17 I also began eating raw meat shortly thereafter. So, its difficulty to discern the effect of LB-17.

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2011, 03:51:06 pm »
i tried the milk honey thing. it does produce a kefir like drink. However imho ist nowhere close to real homemade kefir using kefir grains. the grains are an incredible symbiosis of 30-50 different bacteria and yeasts. there are very few bacteria that can suvive in honey because its such a concentrated fluid. thats why honey doesn't spoil. some can off course and they can b used to make mead or ferment milk. this doesn't give you the amazing advantages of a truly symbiotic bacteria/yeast culture found in kefir grains. don't be afraid of the yeasts they actually rival the bad yeast (candida)in your gut. I liked the milk honey drink and it is definetly a fermented product but it is not as potend as grain made kefir. you can use pasteurised milk and grains.

you can also eat the grains themselve. they are the most concentrated probiotic you wil find. plus added anti cancer kefiran. I eat grains regurlarly they double every week or so. nothing has ever done more for my hut flora.
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2011, 08:49:05 pm »
Alright, tomorrow morning I will try your recommendation before eating.

I have access to raw honey and kefir grains where I am, but not raw milk. I shall continue taking the probiotic supplements I purchased.

Thank you for all your recommendations!  :D
I forgot to mention one more thing. It's actually a very good solution. Pardon the pun

I would try 1 to 1.5 teaspoons of castor oil either in the early morning or in the evening before bed. Since it is so disgusting to most people, I suggest holding your nose, swallowing quickly and then chasing it with some juice or whatever, a muffin works well.

This amount of castor will work very gently and will clean out your lower end of ........ crap. You can do this as many days as you like. Once your tongue is cleared up, it is not necessary. It's not a problem to do it periodically with this low dosage and it won't cause the legendary castor dash to the can, explosive downpour. It is cheap as dirt at Indian grocery stores or you can get it at pharmacies or health food stores.

A wee story. My ex never got hungry. She always looked at food as a necessary evil. Her mother (was wonderful) fed her hamburgers and potatoes every day of her childhood, (yuck) no variety along with other SAD items. Her tongues was/is consequently disgustingly white and frothy.

When I got her to try the castor (blaster),  ;D I had her try a larger dose. Anyhoo she spent hours on the great white telephone and had to flush it a few times. It was amazing what quantity came out. After a couple of days of this her hunger got so strong that she suddenly had no patience for me dawdling to the dinner table. It was quite humorous actually.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2011, 08:52:11 pm »
nice. did you ever try this with cream or butter?
I haven't tried it with cream from the point of view of fermenting it but cream/butter/honey mixed together are very likely what the Gods eat. It is definitely manna from the heavens. ;D

Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2011, 08:58:18 pm »
i tried the milk honey thing. it does produce a kefir like drink. However imho ist nowhere close to real homemade kefir using kefir grains. the grains are an incredible symbiosis of 30-50 different bacteria and yeasts. there are very few bacteria that can suvive in honey because its such a concentrated fluid. thats why honey doesn't spoil. some can off course and they can b used to make mead or ferment milk. this doesn't give you the amazing advantages of a truly symbiotic bacteria/yeast culture found in kefir grains. don't be afraid of the yeasts they actually rival the bad yeast (candida)in your gut. I liked the milk honey drink and it is definetly a fermented product but it is not as potend as grain made kefir. you can use pasteurised milk and grains.

you can also eat the grains themselve. they are the most concentrated probiotic you wil find. plus added anti cancer kefiran. I eat grains regurlarly they double every week or so. nothing has ever done more for my hut flora.
I've had a similar discussion on another thread but you are the first to mention that the grains give a stronger result. Interesting. I find kefir a bit strong anyways and can only eat it one day or maybe two days or else I get upset stomach. Typically we make it when our raw milk has been in the fridge too long and it is starting to taste off a bit.

That's why I gave away my grains. We only had the kefir occasionally and so it just kind of rotted on the fridge from neglect. It still worked of course.
Cheers
Al

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2011, 01:57:34 am »
they are the most concentrated probiotic you wil find.

You can eat the grains and this will have a positive effect on the stomach? Hmmm... I will try snacking on some kefir grains today.

I'll keep kefir grains in mind in the future when I come across a source of raw milk. Ideally I think everyone should be eating fermented foods to assist replenish the bacteria in the gut. The only problem for me is finding a consistent source of such a food. I'll have to put more thought and energy into ensuring that, along with high meat, I find ample sources of raw, fermented foods.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2011, 02:01:05 am »
You can eat the grains and this will have a positive effect on the stomach? Hmmm... I will try snacking on some kefir grains today.

I'll keep kefir grains in mind in the future when I come across a source of raw milk. Ideally I think everyone should be eating fermented foods to assist replenish the bacteria in the gut. The only problem for me is finding a consistent source of such a food. I'll have to put more thought and energy into ensuring that, along with high meat, I find ample sources of raw, fermented foods.

You can also make kefir from pasteurized milk. Better than nothing.
Cheers
Al

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2011, 02:07:08 am »
Last night I cleaned my tongue for the first time. The only reason why I haven't done it in the past was because I was under the impression a fancy tongue scraper was necessary to clean the tongue. I will be sure to continue to clean it every morning.

Before breakfast I ate the appetite stimulating mixture and had a somewhat smaller meal of solely raw meat. After eating, I also ingested a probiotic. Lastly, I sucked and chewed on some raw honey comb.

I'll continue using the appetite stimulating mixture before eating and taking a probiotic afterwards.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2011, 02:17:31 am »
Sounds good. Just one thing occurred to me. If you start to get mouth ulcers, a sore throat or sore teeth discontinue the mixture. Also if your appetite returns to normal you can discontinue it. In fact you may find that you would modify it to suit your taste.
Cheers
Al

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2011, 04:40:14 am »
you could make water kefir as a staple fermented drink. i drink both water and miklk kefir. also occasionlly some mead. i also sometime ferment veg juice. just spinach&parsley juice some lemo juice an raw honey. ferment very quickly like 8 hrs
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2011, 01:29:52 am »
Last week I began zapping using a Hulda Clark zapper and on the same day began taking probiotics. Since beginning both, my lungs have cleared and opened significantly. Breathing is much easier; taking deep breaths feels more natural.

Also, I have been digesting fat and red meat much better! Before I could only eat a certain amount of food before beginning to belch and then would sometimes regurgitate undigested food and stomach acid. It seemed as though my stomach couldn't physically handle the amount of food I ingested and would reject it.

Now, I can eat much more food and digest much more comfortably. This has allowed me to understand when I am truly full or when I am just stuffed with too much food and not enough digestive 'fire' (or friendly bacteria in my opinion).

As for what measure is causing what, I can't be sure though my instincts tell me that zapping has helped somewhat with the clearing of my respiration. The probiotics seemed to have been the agent in aiding my digestion. After eating a hardy meal of fat and red meat to my content, I'm sure to take one capsule to help with the digestion.

In the future, I would like to experiment with kefir grains and raw milk.

Ioanna, if you would like more information please don't hesitate to ask.

Offline awesomeame

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2011, 11:34:41 pm »
I made the switch to full raw (minus a cooked meal here and there) about three weeks ago and have noticed my appetite is about 1/2 of what it was before.  Literally about 1/2, I now on raw only consume about 2200cals/day, prior on cooked I was 4000-5000/day.  Fairly active over here :D

Which leads me to think that the cooking process destroys 1/2 the nutriants in the food, making you eat 50% less.  Just a thought.

I also notice I'm more energetic now, and am actually more active now. 

Matt

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2011, 02:09:33 am »
Good for you Matt!

I just wanted to add something about the ferments discussion. There are many different ways to get good bacteria. There are many ways to ferment milk using different bacteria, there is kefir that can be used to ferment different things - even water and coconut water (using different cultures). Sometimes anything fermented is called "kefir" which isn't exactly accurate. There are ways to ferment vegetables and meat and honey and grains and then there is kombucha which like kefir is a symbiotic culture. Fermentation is an art form that I am trying to become proficient in because I love ferments. They just taste and feel wonderful to my body.

What I have found is that I like different ones at different times and some never. Different people take to different ferments. I always assumed that we are attracted to the one that has the bacterias in it that we most need.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2011, 10:01:04 am »

Ioanna, if you would like more information please don't hesitate to ask.

yes please :)   

i pm'd you back when you posted this, but in re-reading this i am just now remembering. not sure you got it?

hey dorothy... i pm'd you too ;)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2011, 10:47:55 pm »
I made the switch to full raw (minus a cooked meal here and there) about three weeks ago and have noticed my appetite is about 1/2 of what it was before.  Literally about 1/2, I now on raw only consume about 2200cals/day, prior on cooked I was 4000-5000/day.  Fairly active over here :D

Which leads me to think that the cooking process destroys 1/2 the nutriants in the food, making you eat 50% less.  Just a thought.

I also notice I'm more energetic now, and am actually more active now. 

Matt
The reduced need for food has been our experience also. When visiting relatives, I feel hungry often.
Cheers
Al

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2011, 10:58:59 pm »
You can also make kefir from pasteurized milk. Better than nothing.

Al - I'm afraid that I disagree with you on this. I personally think it is better to make water or coconut milk kefir or kombucha or just about any other option for fermenting rather than pasteurized, homogenized, hormonized, antibioticized, de-natured milk from cows fed grains. Milk is a fabulous food when it's natural form and can be so very bad for a body when it is destroyed in this way. I think that raw grass-fed milk is to regular milk from the store what fresh berries picked from the wild are to twinkies. I'd take a stabilized for room temperature pill form of probiotic before using pasteurized milk to ferment with. Just my opinion from how my body reacts to the two different substances.

I say if you take whatever you have that is raised properly and ferment it - you will be better off. If you have good organic beets or cabbage or cucumbers etc. - use them. If you have un-heated hand packed honey, use that. If you have a great meat source use that. If you have someone who can share with you a kombucha scoby then use tea. You can use ginger, grapes, fruit - just put a cloth on top to let the alcohol release. Fermented vinegars can be some of the best ferments that help to break down foods that are difficult to digest beautifully. If you have great naturally raised eggs - ferment them. Those are supposed to be a real delicacy and when I finally have more eggs than I eat every day I will be excited to try it. If all you have is water - get water kefir grains. Even fermented grains are better than pasteurized milk imho. I'd drink a beer from a local brewery or home made with the yeast still in it before fermented pasteurized milk any day.

The only reason you would ever use pasteurized milk is if you had cancer, couldn't get raw, and needed the sulfured milk (cottage cheese) in order to get fats to by-pass your liver. But even then...... I would choose other ways to help the liver to digest the fats instead of challenging the liver to get rid of the toxins in the bastardized milk product. The sulfur in fermented raw milk however can make fats water-soluble and get them right past the liver into the cells and is one of the best cancer remedies ever discovered - by Johanna Budwig - super genius. If you have a liver that is up to par you don't need that.... but it's good to know.

Things that I cannot eat otherwise seem to be just fine if not really good for me otherwise. So, if honey, milk, cruciferous vegetables etc. etc. usually don't digest well - don't let that scare you away from trying them fermented.

Ok, that's my little "Song of the Ferment".  ;)

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2011, 11:01:39 pm »
yes please :)   

i pm'd you back when you posted this, but in re-reading this i am just now remembering. not sure you got it?

hey dorothy... i pm'd you too ;)

loanna - I did not get your pm.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk