Author Topic: "Are You Really Gonna Eat that Raw?"  (Read 15645 times)

Offline Amris

• Egg Thief
  • Rising From the Ashes
    • View Profile
Re: "Are You Really Gonna Eat that Raw?"
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2011, 09:43:24 am »
Well, now I'm having a problem with my teeth. I have one molar on the left that is in pain and sensitive to hot and cold as well as pressure. I could eat on the right side, though there was a cavity between one of my molars and the tooth in front of it. Well, now the right molar has broken off a large chip and is now also sensitive to hot, cold, and pressure.

I can't afford a dentist.

So now, in essence, I can't eat.  >:

Ugh, I don't know what to do!
The thought manifests as the word; The word manifests as the deed; The deed develops into habit; And habit hardens into character; So watch the thought and its ways with care, And let it spring from love Born out of concern for all beings...

As the shadow follows the body, as we think, so we become.

The Dhammapada

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2011, 09:56:17 am »
Put clove oil on it it will stop the pain in 1 minute.

Stop pain with raw paleo diet, temporary 100% carnivore for 3 days with lots of raw bone marrow, liver, red meat, live fat.  Cut in swallowable cubes.  You do not need to chew meat or fat.

I actually did this for my girl when she was 5.  

Read more and videos at http://www.myhealthblog.org/2008/07/11/cure-tooth-decay/

Another technique is do not brush your teeth.

Instead do oil pulling with virgin coconut oil for 20 minutes total a day.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 10:48:30 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Amris

• Egg Thief
  • Rising From the Ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2011, 07:43:09 pm »
I'm not sure I can find bone marrow. I'll look.

And I'll give it a try. I got some temporary filling stuff. Seems to have helped my left tooth, but not the right side much.

I used to do oil pulling, but after a while it actually started to make things worse so I gave up. I've been thinking a lot lately about going back to it, though. I guess you just confirmed it. :)
The thought manifests as the word; The word manifests as the deed; The deed develops into habit; And habit hardens into character; So watch the thought and its ways with care, And let it spring from love Born out of concern for all beings...

The Dhammapada

Offline Amris

• Egg Thief
  • Rising From the Ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2011, 10:46:45 pm »
By the way, I am sick right now. Runny nose, watery eyes, bad cough with phlegm... but oddly, I feel okay. Like underneath it all, I still have energy, I don't feel totally wiped out and destroyed by it. I feel emotionally okay, not like the standard depression that usually accompanies being sick.

I know it sounds peculiar to say, but even though I'm sick, I feel okay, lol.

The Dhammapada

Offline Amris

• Egg Thief
  • Rising From the Ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2011, 06:04:58 am »
Okay, first thing. I got calf liver. I ate some of it raw, as much as i could get myself to eat. Oddly, it's hilarious in a way... raw liver neither tastes nor smells nearly as bad as cooked liver, which is disgusting! It's kind of sweet, both in smell and taste. Peculiar.

As far as not feeling that bad... I drove for an hour and a half to go buy a tent... and now I feel like hammered hell! Ugh! I take it all back, I feel dreadful!

*sigh*

Detox or whatever, right? meh.

Maybe too much honey!

The Dhammapada

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2011, 08:51:08 am »
Oddly, it's hilarious in a way... raw liver neither tastes nor smells nearly as bad as cooked liver, which is disgusting! It's kind of sweet, both in smell and taste. Peculiar.

That's what I've noticed, too. Raw organ meats are tasty, in their own way, and never strong like their cooked counterparts. Similarly, now that I'm used to raw meat and raw fat, cooked fat seems greasy and repulsive.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Max

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2011, 02:30:54 am »
I found when I started out that raw bone marrow and raw backfat have really enjoyable flavors.  I also find them to be good healing foods.  I am such a carb addict, but I consider it a win if I stick to raw and don't binge on SAD foods.  In the beginning of the diet I think it is about compromise and sticking to the best option you can handle at the moment.

I read something on the forum about how everyone has to 'pay their dues' when they go raw.  I think thats true.  I've certainly had many relapses into SAD.  Plus you have to define what works for you, and that is an ever-changing definition.

Stick with it my friend, and I hope you feel better.
"The strong white teeth sank into the raw and dripping flesh in apparent relish of the meal, but Clayton could not bring himself to share the uncooked meat with his strange host; instead he watched him, and presently there dawned upon him the conviction that this was Tarzan of the Apes....." - Edgar Rice Burroughs, 'Tarzan of the Apes'

Offline Amris

• Egg Thief
  • Rising From the Ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2011, 11:09:22 pm »
Oh my god, my teeth hurt so bad. I cannot eat at all. It's not getting better and I'm getting to the point where I don't want to eat or drink anything at all.

I'm just in tears from pain, and I don't know what to do. I think I'm going to have to just go to the hospital and have them removed.  I can't stand the thought of having them removed, even though they are hurting so much.

The Dhammapada

CitrusHigh

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2011, 11:29:16 pm »
Amris I know it probably sucks to have it repeated, but this is guaranteed to be detox. Can I recommend that you take egg smoothies for a while?

Mine are usually banana (adjust to desired sweetness, though considering your predicament you could replace with just a pinch of raw honey dissolved in water), 2-5 eggs (adjust to your desired level of egginess, take as many as you can handle) and raw cream if you can tolerate dairy, otherwise water or perhaps coconut or flax oil.

Also green veggies juices with parsley/cilantro as a base. You can also include, basil, cabbage, lettuce, celery, ginger, any kind of sweet pepper (or hot peppers, but go easy!) and anything else you can think of but be very easy on the root vegetables because of sugar content.

Raw (mesophilic) yogurt like filmolk is wonderful! Again, if you can tolerate dairy.

The pain, I know sucks, but you need to look to the light at the end of the tunnel, this doesn't happen overnight and is a result of past practices like cooking and other vectors of toxins. I promise things will get better, if you stick with it.

Liver cut in to very small pieces that you can drop in the back of the throat and swallow should suit you as well, same with any raw meat, you don't need to chew at all, because they're raw it's very easy for your gut to disassemble it.

You could also mix coconut oil with a bit of honey and or raw butter for a rich, smooth, gentle, decadent snack. But be careful with honey, like dairy, not everyone takes to it.

Basically process, juice, puree everything and maybe research foods that are high in opioids like raw dairy and do what you have to to cope with the pain. Cannabis cooked in to butter or milk or cream might be up your alley, however that is only going to mask the symptoms for a few hours at a time and it will have a body load accompanying it.

Good luck and keep us informed, we're here to support you!

Offline Amris

• Egg Thief
  • Rising From the Ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2011, 01:56:26 am »
But one of them is BROKEN. I mean, a chunk fell out of it.

I hate this so much. It hurts so much. :(

The Dhammapada

CitrusHigh

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2011, 02:15:14 am »
Well you can certainly go the conventional route, but they're just going to fill your system with more toxins, which, unfortunately is what brought you to this experience in the first place, some sort of imbalance.

But maybe it could be the difference between saving your teeth and not, you'll have to look within for that wisdom, but I will tell you that if I were in your position I'd stay far away from mainstream medicine.

Do you have any suspect foods or habits for what is causing the pain? Are your teeth loose in the sockets?

Offline Amris

• Egg Thief
  • Rising From the Ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2011, 02:20:37 am »
They're not loose. It's just any cold or hot thing, and on the right since it broke, it's any biting down or hot and cold.

It's like there are nerves exposed or something.  ???

The Dhammapada

CitrusHigh

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2011, 02:21:10 am »
Ok, after just reading over your posts, I'd say kick the honey immediately if you haven't already.

You need to focus on veggie juices and raw fats right now. I know your sitch sucks, but you're in it and if you can't afford a dentist anyway then you'll have to do the best you can.

It is important that you cut out all carbs/sugars/starches from plant sources and focus on green juices and fats. The faster you attack this the faster you can get over with it. Cut the honey though ~~!~~

Offline Sally S.

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2011, 02:53:48 am »
Amris,

I'm so new, I have nothing to add except that I hate that you are in so much pain. :(

I do appreciate you keeping up your journal, even though you don't feel good.  May I ask, were you doing non raw paleo first or did you just jump in cold turkey?  I'm wondering if I may have some major detox issues if I started out non raw paleo first.

Offline Amris

• Egg Thief
  • Rising From the Ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2011, 04:13:35 am »
CitrusHigh, I can't really do juicing. I mean, I can, but it's not financially viable. Would a raw "green drink" work, even if it's got the whole vegetables in it? I can do that much, because I already have the raw powder (I was raw vegan for a bit, so I know it's definitely raw dehydrated greens).

I have already pretty much quit with the honey because I kind of got over it, lol.

I just got bananas... so I shouldn't eat them? Only what, meat and cream and the juicing I can't afford?  ???

I think that pretty much leaves me starving aside from cream and what meat I can manage to get myself to eat...  :o

Amris,

I'm so new, I have nothing to add except that I hate that you are in so much pain. :(

I do appreciate you keeping up your journal, even though you don't feel good.  May I ask, were you doing non raw paleo first or did you just jump in cold turkey?  I'm wondering if I may have some major detox issues if I started out non raw paleo first.

I was not raw or paleo before starting. I'm still not 100% raw yet, and struggling to eat the meats raw. I'd say right now I'm about 80%+ raw... and not a whole lot of it is meats. My mind is still  -v with raw meats, so that's a bit of a fight.

I've had a whopper of a last few days. My tooth broke a couple weeks ago, but now the pain has started and it just won't let up.  :'(

The Dhammapada

Offline Sally S.

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2011, 07:04:46 am »
When your teeth are better, you should try the 'raw' jerky.  I just made some so my daughter can eat raw at school w/o everyone freaking out.  It tastes pretty darn good too.  (I got an old dehydrator at a garage sale a few years ago.)

I have a question for you, are you eating raw or cooked veggies?  Would you mind sharing which ones?  Making the raw meat switch isn't as hard as the idea of having to give up veggies.  Am I missing something or does fresh fruit take center stage over veggies here?  I don't mind eating fruit, but I wanted to keep my carb count low.

Offline Amris

• Egg Thief
  • Rising From the Ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2011, 07:40:56 am »
(This is prior to becoming unable to eat at all)

I eat veggies, but I have my own garden, so I don't find it too hard. I eat a bit of red lettuce. I wrap up some stuff in it, usually avocado, and eat that. I'm not fully raw, so I sometimes add something to make it tastier, like a bit of Bragg's aminos or some spices.

I was eating celery while I could still eat, lol. But again, I was eating it with other stuff, like I was eating raw almond butter with it (which I think we're not really supposed to have, either). I just make that in my food processor.

I eat zuchini in a "sauce" of nuts as sort of an "alfredo" but I use cream in the sauce, too. That's raw, too.

Tomato with a bit of cold-pressed oil on it and vinegar. But that's really more a fruit (despite recent FDA classification).

I also made some raw sour kraut. I eat that when the mood and desire strikes me.

I'm REALLY struggling to eat raw meat, and I'm finding most stuff just plain unappetizing. I don't like the cream-egg mixture. I don't like the meat really, no matter what I put with it.

I have a lot of raw recipes, but I doubt most of them are acceptable paleo. I notice that the paleos can get as miffed as the vegans if you stray, lol. I don't mean any disrespect to them, but I think a lot of them are "cold turkey" types, and I'm more of a "climb in slowly" type. I do best if I can make my "mistakes" and just feel like I'm "in process".

So I'm happy to give you some recipes if you like for raw foods. I can't promise they'll all be paleo, and I don't have many meat recipes as of yet. I was raw vegan for a while, so I'm not new to raw at all. It's adding meat and such that I'm finding hard. And the same militant kind of "that's not paleo!!!!" stuff that I got while raw vegan "that's not vegan!!!" I mean, you shoulda seen the shock and horror when I said I ate honey. :p It was a furor!  :o

Anyway, happy to give you recipes if you wish them with regards to raw vegan stuff. Adjust accordingly to add meat or cheese or eggs as you do (or do not) eat them. One thing I really like a lot is using the dehydrator. I have found that meats and eggs respond well when added to other stuff, to make yummy concoctions.

For me, it's a work in progress. I am really pleased there are so many who can just cold turkey and everything works perfect for them. I am not one of them, and although I know peanut butter or almond butter is not paleo... it frankly makes it easier for me to stay on the path that points to proper paleo. I am struggling hugely with it in part due to my teeth, yet also because I feel like, "I've tried so many things, and they have all failed. How do I know I'm not just wasting my time AGAIN, and compromising my health even further?"

I feel strongly that raw is definitely the right direction for me. But raw vegan was an unmitigated disaster. I mean, on a gross scale. So I am hoping that moving into a raw paleo lifestyle will be the proper "raw" that I've been searching for.

I'm just trying not to get discouraged entirely, really.

So yeah. I eat veggies. But I can't really juice them, because then I waste the rest of it. And that creates fights with hubby... which in turn means I have to walk on eggshells at the store, which means less fresh raw foods, which... yeah. Round and round the merry-goes-round.

And now I r rambling like idiot. Will close... uh.. post.. now.  ;D

The Dhammapada

CitrusHigh

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2011, 07:58:34 am »
you can only do what you can Amris. Dehydrated veggies are zero substitute for raw. They're not bad, they just don't have any life force what so ever. You could do green smoothies, which are whole veggies mixed with a liquid and blended.

Whatever you have to do to get them in to you. They're not going to have the digestive potency of pressed veggies but they will provide benefit none the less, it is better than the alternative of nothing.

I'm pretty serious about the starches/sugars, they're no friend to you, later when you've healed you can afford to add them back in, but right now there's not much wiggle room, you have to do the best you can for your body.

So chopped meats swallowed whole and whatever you have to do to get raw, fresh, whole veggies in to you. If you can't afford produce from the store, then it is high time you start taking advantage of the abundant wild forage around you. Get a good wild edibles book from the library, one with big pictures (NOT sketches) and get out there and find them. Then blend them as mentioned before. You can eat the banana, but like I said, go easy on the sugars/starches.

Wild edibles might seem intimidating, but just get out there and do it. You have the internet at your disposal too. Google your area along with 'common wild edibles' or something to that effect, then study the pics or print them and go out and find them. It doesn't matter where you live, unless it's antarctica, there are always wild edibles, so no excuses, take control of your health right now!

Offline Sally S.

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2011, 08:24:52 am »
Oh thank you for explaining...I was raised an ovo/lacto vegetarian with the main part of every meal veggies, usually raw too.  I am so glad I don't really have to give that up.  I would love to see some of your raw veggie recipes!  (My dear mother was a terrible cook!  That is why they were usually raw! lol ) Thank you so much!

I have a good one to share with you (if you are up to eating tahini and like hummus).  I found a recipe for 'paleo hummus' that uses raw zuchini rather than chick peas, lemon, tahini and raw garlic.  It tastes exactly like if not better than hummus.  I eat it on sliced cucumber or other veggie slices.  TO DIE FOR!!

The jerky (I'll bet) can be made in a hot car too.  (That was the method I used when I didn't have a dehydrator.  Just put my herbs etc. on a flat clean basket, covered it with tuelle and set it on the dashboard.  Parked in the sunshine with windows adjusted for heat levels.)  It wasn't too hard to chew and tasted like real (healthy) jerky.  I can't believe you tried raw chicken!  That would be really hard for me.  Right now I have a beer can chicken on the bar b que.  I can't bring myself to eat any of it raw and I have to get rid of it somehow.  I might be able to stomach raw turkey jerky...we'll see.  -\

I too have a garden and put a ton of planning into it, so I'm so happy veggies are allowed.  (Still trying to catch up here on info.)

Offline Max

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2011, 02:18:39 pm »
Hey Amris,

I hope you are feeling better and you're pain is somewhat diminished.  If you are comfortable with raw eggs, they would be a good way to get protein and fat into you're system, especially if you are having a tuff time with raw meat.  Might I suggest trying some cooked very rare steak?  Also for fats if you don't have access to animal fats like back fat, you can order some from Slankers website.  In the mean time maybe try olive oil?  Eat what you can raw but just try and eat healthy.  I really hope the pain in your mouth/teeth goes away.  CitrusHigh has some good advice try what you can of it.

Good Luck  :)
"The strong white teeth sank into the raw and dripping flesh in apparent relish of the meal, but Clayton could not bring himself to share the uncooked meat with his strange host; instead he watched him, and presently there dawned upon him the conviction that this was Tarzan of the Apes....." - Edgar Rice Burroughs, 'Tarzan of the Apes'

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2011, 03:06:33 pm »
Amris, If the detox pains are getting too much you can choose to slow the detox down or even stop it temporarily. Aajonus recommends the following to temporarily stop detox: Taking very hot baths 3 x a day. Drinking a mixture of lemon coconut cream and avacodos (equal parts). If that does not help eat a portion of cooked meat ones or twice a week to stop detox.

Cooked meat sure isn't healthy but it will slow down detox. You could also go the other way round and speed up detox to get over it as soon as possible. Eating a whole unripe ananas together with large amounts of raw butter(at least half a block) speeds up detox. This might make you very miserable including diarrhea and headaches. I did that and was miserable for 4 days. Felt a lot better afterwards so it was worth it.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 03:03:55 pm by TylerDurden »
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2011, 03:43:19 pm »
Citrushighs advice is good. Wild veggies are very good. I would blend my green veggies with water like he's suggesting, only I strain them afterwards to get the fiber out. Makes the digest 10x faster. I often add some powdered organic raw egg shell. Provides a lot of magnesium and calcium. If you dink a green juice/smoothy make sure you eat plenty raw fat with it. The greens free toxins from the body the fat is necessary to transport them out of the body otherwise they get reabsorbed.

In general if you're detoxing eat loads of raw fat to aid in dissolving and transporting toxins. If you eat butter the upside is that it is also soothing and reduces pain. If you can handle raw dairy drinking milk with honey also reduces pain.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 03:03:05 pm by TylerDurden »
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline Amris

• Egg Thief
  • Rising From the Ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2011, 10:40:58 pm »
Thanks H_I_R :)

I'm going to the dentist in 5 weeks. I'm giving it that long to have a chance to help the tooth in some way... but I don't know how I'm going to get through it.

I'm still eating majority raw. I've gotten in some raw calf liver each day. I'm really struggling with the butter. For some reason, it bothers me, like it seems grossly fatty and unpleasant.

Not fully raw yet, but I'm having a huge problem with getting food into me... I can't chew anything so it's all shakes...

The Dhammapada

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2011, 04:26:35 am »
Thanks H_I_R :)

I'm going to the dentist in 5 weeks. I'm giving it that long to have a chance to help the tooth in some way... but I don't know how I'm going to get through it.

I'm still eating majority raw. I've gotten in some raw calf liver each day. I'm really struggling with the butter. For some reason, it bothers me, like it seems grossly fatty and unpleasant.

Not fully raw yet, but I'm having a huge problem with getting food into me... I can't chew anything so it's all shakes...
mixing equal part of raw honey and butter might help. This is so delicious you will wanna eat it  ;D If the honey doesn't hurt your teeth off course. What i often do is make milkshakes aajonus style. I put 0,5ltr milk quite a bit of butter (50-100grams?) a few eggs and a bit of honey in a jar this a put in warm (not hot) water and let it stand for 30 mins. That way all ingredients are just above room temp (30 degrees celcius or so) Then a blend them to a thick creamy shake. If you blend it with cold ingredient it wont mix properly. Sometimes i add a tomato.

Offline Amris

• Egg Thief
  • Rising From the Ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2011, 08:45:11 pm »
Well, I'm still going at it. Excessively busy right now.

But I'm continuing to lose weight, that's good news...

However, the broken tooth is getting worse, though the other is getting a bit better. Although it's getting worse, though, the sharp shooting pains aren't happening, which is really good news... just [less] pain is happening more often.

Sorry, I've not got a lot of time right now. I'm reading but too busy to really keep up with comments and stuff right now. Should be better tomorrow.

Thanks everyone!

The Dhammapada

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk