Author Topic: After eating raw meat for over a year...fruits and vegetables unappetizing  (Read 8183 times)

Offline nicole

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
When i think about eating fruits and vegetables:
fruits seem really acidic and too sugary, my teeth cringe.
vegetables seem really unappetizing. They dont seem fit to eat. so bitter and it feels like i'm eating a houseplant or something.
meat is the only thing that feels right.
Give it to us raw, and wriggling. You keep nasty chips.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
As long as your blood tests look good, and you're not forming kidney stones, and you don't have any specific health complaints, I would assume you are probably fine to avoid plant foods.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Maybe you need to be exposed to better fruit and better vegetables.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I've had similar experiences, although somewhat less extreme.  I occasionally crave vegetables and less commonly fruits, but most of my diet consists of animal foods. 

Offline nicole

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
The truth is: I'm happy not to eat any fruits or vegetables again. They just dont feel natural for me. I might eat one only every once in a while but i just don't care to and feel fine.

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
I think that's fine if you don't want to eat fruits or vegetables. Personally, I think vegetables balance animal products in terms of balancing acidic conditions. I also feel cucumbers and cucumber juice in particular, along with other vegetables, to be quite refreshing.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I too feel like fruits and vegetables are totally unappetizing.

I have been over a year without eating hardly any fruits or vegetables and I feel better than I ever remember feeling. The last time I tried to eat a few pieces of okra about a year ago, I instantly lost my apatite.

I would also eat an avocado from time to time but I noticed that they made me feel bloated

Tomatoes seem to be about the best tolerated , but I still get a little off feeling if I eat them.

I do eat copious amounts of coconut butter along with a few cups of lemon water each day, but other than that I have no desire to eat any other plant foods.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline nicole

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
actually i do think coconut butter tastes pretty good. its so low in sugar which is nice. i dont eat it very often though. and funny enough i do add some lemon to my ice water during the day.  whenever i think of eating vegetables i get this feeling that they won't digest and will screw up my meat digestion. That is generally what happens too.

Offline Tsurugi_Oni

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
  Even though I'm zero carb atm I still LOVE the taste of fruits. 

Modern vegetables still taste very bitter, but most modern fruits have had the bitterness bred out of them. Sweet is a taste that we're born to like, kind of like how a body massage universally feels pleasurable.  Too sweet?? Quite possibly. 

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Sweet is a taste that we're born to like

Hi Tsurugi. 

I think babies are attracted to (sweet) breast milk because it smells like the amnionic fluid they just came from, not because it is sweet. 

I wonder if Inuit breast milk is sweet, or lion's milk for that matter.  Originally for a great part of the year the mothers may have had no carbs to eat, and may have subsisted on some sort of ferment meat and whale or seal fat not too active in an igloo much of the dark Winter.  Aajonus has written of success healing infants that the medical doctors and other foods never worked for, just giving them instead raw chopped meat, and the babies like it a lot.  I've read on natural mother forums too things women posted about having given their babies all raw animal foods, and then the babies refused fruit for over a year. 

I included a quote from "the bear".  I don't know if you were familiar with him.  He calls the desire we have these days for sweet taste just social conditioning that we do to them after they are born.

http://activenocarber.myfreeforum.org/Bear_s_Words_Of_Wisdom_about22.html
Meat leaves the stomach as a liquid after about 45-60 min, and is totally absorbed in the first foot or two of the small intestine- no scratching and no mucus formation. Human milk is very sweet, hence the 'sweet tooth' is easy to develop if reinforced by lollies as a baby. Without this reinforcement sweets are seldom later sought after. If paleo people actually ate seasonal fruits (quite possible in some places), they ate them where found, no evidence or residue has been found in digs.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Isthmus

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Not sure this is the appropriate place to bring this up, but I'm interested to discuss a few things "the bear" said which seem incorrect.

One thing he said which I believe is very wrong: "C is not the only antiscorbitic substance, since a diet of just red meat prevents scurvy (the Inuit diet)."

My understanding is that the inuit go to great lengths to catch a narwhal each year, without which they may die because it is possibly the only source of vitamin C in the arctic. It's fin is very rich in it, and flesh too.

"All meat is 'organic'- you cannot feed cattle (or other foodd animals like chickens ('organic' chickens suck- they are tough due to growing slower on a all grain based diet, lack plumpness and are tasteless) on chemicals like you can plants."

If animals are eating non-organic vegetation, the so called POPs (persistent organic pollutants, from pesticides etc), called "persistent" appropriately, continue on and are stored in the animal in it's fatty tissue etc.

Seems like he has some interesting things to say, but it doesn't all seem accurate, thoughts?

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
Native americans living inland who had little to no acces to fish and no acces to fruits during winter prevented scurvy by eating certain glands. They were distributed among all people. Everyone got a small piece that had enough vit c to prevent scurvy.

Price, pottenger and howell proved through experiments that a diet of only raw milk prevented scurvy wereas a diet of only pateurised milk induces scurvy fast. There is a substance in raw milk simular (but not equal) to vit c that prevents scurvy. This substance in not found in pasteurised milk.

All meat is 'organic'- you cannot feed cattle (or other foodd animals like chickens ('organic' chickens suck- they are tough due to growing slower on a all grain based diet, lack plumpness and are tasteless) on chemicals like you can plants."
Of course all animalls are organic as are all plants. The only inorganic food we eat is salt and it is bad for us. The term organic is adopted to mean something like drug free pesticites free natural food. Its a strange term. In the netherlands they use the word biological for the same purpose which is equally stupid.

If animals are eating non-organic vegetation, the so called POPs (persistent organic pollutants, from pesticides etc), called "persistent" appropriately, continue on and are stored in the animal in it's fatty tissue etc.
Non organic vegetation?? :D :D Now that is funny (and sad  :'().
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
no acces to fish and no acces to fruits during winter prevented scurvy by eating certain glands. They were distributed among all people. Everyone got a small piece that had enough vit c to prevent scurvy.

Price, pottenger and howell proved through experiments that a diet of only raw milk prevented scurvy wereas a diet of only pateurised milk induces scurvy fast. There is a substance in raw milk simular (but not equal) to vit c that prevents scurvy. This substance in not found in pasteurised milk.

Also about two years back in this forum it was brought up that in raw meat eaters uric acid acts to "antioxidize" in place of vitamin C.  I believe the highest source of vitamin c of any food is adrenal glands. 

I have found them tricky to eat though, or rather keep them down.  I take that as a good thing.  It seems to do a thorough and quick clean out of my digestive tract at times, but other times sits very well.

The bear was a 100% carnivore no vegetables, grain, fruit, beans etc only some low carb spices occasionally for fifty years, then only died in a car accident.  He claimed the no any food that isn't meat helped his health very much.  I don't know much about him though.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk