Author Topic: New in Elk City  (Read 4895 times)

Offline Roxann

• Forager
    • View Profile
New in Elk City
« on: December 26, 2012, 08:31:53 pm »
Where can I get the best raw paleo foods?  What about raw milk? Organic vegetables?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: New in Elk City
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 10:11:06 pm »
http://www.eatwild.com/products/oklahoma.html

http://www.local-farmers-markets.com/market/3903/elk-city/elk-city-farmers-market may be useful later but is only around from July to October. Therefore unlikely to have decent raw meat but still....

Where to find raw dairy:-

http://www.realmilk.com/where08.html#ok

You can likely get your raw meats/raw dairy delivered to your door. To avoid package&postage costs you could always drive to one or two farms once a week  or fortnight to collect your food.

If you don't care about cost, you might try a local WholeFoods store. But I would avoid it if you can find a smaller, cheaper producer, as the latter are always far less likely to rip off the customer re quality.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Roxann

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 01:38:06 am »
Thank you, TD. 

@Lex, how long does Slankers pet take to defrost? Sandra said it comes in 1 - 1 1/2 lb packages. I'm ordering a half dozen to see what its like.

I'm not going to a Wholefoods right now and it freezing out here, no farmers market open, so I think I'll try the frozen meat to start.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 02:47:38 am »
I may be wrong, but I think Lex mainly monitors his own thread in the Journals section:-

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/journals/lex%27s-journal/
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Roxann

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 03:36:08 am »
Thank you TD for that and the link.

How do I add a picture to my profile like everyone else here has??

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 04:28:35 am »
Sign in to rawpaleoforum, then go to the top middle where it says "profile". Then the 3rd heading under "profile", selected by the mouse, is "forum profile". Click on that, at the top of the next section is "personalise picture". Then either select the url of an image you want used as an avatar or download an image to your desktop and insert the addresses thereof into the empty box further up to the right.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Roxann

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 12:24:59 pm »
Thank you TD. It won't let me. No way to change birthdate, add slogan or picture. No big deal.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 03:31:58 pm »
Thank you TD. It won't let me. No way to change birthdate, add slogan or picture. No big deal.
I'm sure it's possible. Tell me what general image(available online) or slogan you  want, and I'll update it for you. No idea how to alter gender , you'd have to ask GoodSamaritan.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Roxann

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 02:12:48 am »
Hi. Thanks, TD. Maybe a picture like this one:
to use for my profile pic.

I will ask GS for the gender add. :)

Anyone been to the Holmberg dairy farm in Erick before?  I may go there tomorrow.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 03:08:57 am »
Now that I've added your avatar, give me the quotations you want in your signature.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk