Author Topic: Yokosuka, Japan: Mentor & Restaurant question  (Read 2753 times)

Offline skyz0blue

• Forager
    • View Profile
Yokosuka, Japan: Mentor & Restaurant question
« on: February 12, 2013, 08:37:23 am »
Im looking for a good mentor to help give me consistent advice on this diet.

Im on the Naval Base in Yokosuka Japan, and Im really interested in starting this type of life style.  Is there anyone in my area I can have some first hand conversations with?

If not, will someone be my friend on skype so I can have a full conversation about it?

Also, I was wondering how one would go about going to restaurants on dates.  Do I just straight up ask the restaurant not to cook the meat or what?

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Yokosuka, Japan: Mentor & Restaurant question
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 06:41:13 am »
Welcome. I don't live in Japan, and I won't skype with you... But we can talk here lol

On a restaurant date you might make the choice to eat cooked foods. You might also go to a sushi restaurant and order sashimi.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Yokosuka, Japan: Mentor & Restaurant question
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 05:44:19 am »
There are Japanese sashimi restaurants which offer mainly raw fish dishes, with some raw meats(basashi is raw horsmeat sashimi, and there is even raw hornet sashimi). Trouble is that servings at Japanese restaurants are rather small, nouvelle-cuisine-like sometimes, and the restaurants can be expensive(at least outside Japan) so just use them for dates not for a regular food-supply.

I've heard of RPDers going to certain Korean(and maybe Japanese?) restaurants where they allow you to cook your own food on a pan over an electric oven on your table. The RPDers of course just pretend to cook the meats for a second or two but eat them raw.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk