Author Topic: 100% grass-fed cheese  (Read 25052 times)

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: 100% grass-fed cheese
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2011, 11:01:17 am »
Yes Cherimoya, that is the point that I was making. Yet, you do NOT HAVE TO  heat the cheese to make hard cheeses. I buy cheese from a grass-fed raw dairy farmer who makes the cheeses without heating them at all. It's rare to find though.

Quark and cottage cheese are particularly easy to make without heat of course.... but those are even harder to buy because in most states the law is that cheeses need to be aged for certain number of months for each particular cheese in order to be sold raw. You can get raw cheddar but not feta for instance. One would have to go to the actual farm to get the soft cheeses, just like you have to go to the farm to buy raw milk in most states.

Offline Taste Sense

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2011, 11:28:32 am »
One thing about cheese and dairy is that I always overeat it when I have some. Same thing for anything really other than raw flesh. Perhaps raw flesh is the only thing that is healthy for me to eat right now, since the whole idea of overeating raw flesh is repulsive to me, and I associate overeating of anything as a red flag.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2011, 03:34:53 pm »
    If given the choice, I believe goats almost always choose forage over grass.  Latest one I've observed seems to love some purple leafed plants the best.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2011, 04:21:21 am »
RawZi - goats are not grass-eaters. They like to eat bushes and trees (brush like you said) at about the height of their heads primarily. They are actually very picky eaters and will travel long distances getting the best that they can. It is only when there is nothing else available to them that they will resort to grass. Funny how both goats and chickens are considered to be like animal garbage cans but they are actually picky and only eat anything when they can't get anything better. Reminds me of us humans.  -d

Taste Sense - may I ask please how you know that you are over-eating? I find that quite suddenly when something is no longer good for me it tastes bad - no matter what food group it is. One bite to the next it can change. Do you mean that you somehow go past that feeling that you should no longer be eating this thing or continue to eat even after it starts no longer to taste good? Do you judge it by your weight?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk