Author Topic: Crustacea  (Read 4807 times)

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
Crustacea
« on: March 18, 2011, 04:25:24 pm »
On tuesday I went fishing (in a nearby supermarket ;) ) and captured some crustacea:

Above an edible crab, some langoustines and goose barnacles. The crab was still living and I killed it by opening the thorax. How you can do this is shown here: How to open a crab.

I stored him 24h in a cool basement. Yesterday the smell of the innards rose into my nose and I ate them. They taste a little bit like a salty bouillabaisse. It's my experience that the flesh of the legs needs at least three or four days before it really tastes good so I stored the legs again and completed my dinner with langoustines. I ate seven of them. It was a delicious and satisfying dinner. :)

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
Re: Crustacea
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 05:28:59 pm »
That looks so good and fresh!  :D

Did you eat it with the shell? I heard it has a lot of calcium and magnesium in it and it could be edible and less hard raw. Also did you have to take out the crab/prawn bowells and intestines and little black poo line thats in shrimps and prawns or did you eat the whole thing without worrying about poo or parasites?

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 06:42:51 pm »
That looks so good and fresh!  :D

Did you eat it with the shell? I heard it has a lot of calcium and magnesium in it and it could be edible and less hard raw. Also did you have to take out the crab/prawn bowells and intestines and little black poo line thats in shrimps and prawns or did you eat the whole thing without worrying about poo or parasites?

I didn't eat the shell of the crab, it's a little bit to hard but I ate the shell of the langoustines und their small legs. I ate all innards of the crab gills, brain and eyes inclusive. I never worry about poo or parasites. Do you know that all carnivores prefer the innards of their prey intestinal contents inclusive? I confess till now I have some problems to eat the intenstine of terrestrial animals (telling the truth till now nobody offered me such a delicacy  :D ) but I have no problems with the intenstines of marine animals.

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 07:26:58 pm »
I didn't eat the shell of the crab, it's a little bit to hard but I ate the shell of the langoustines und their small legs. I ate all innards of the crab gills, brain and eyes inclusive. I never worry about poo or parasites. Do you know that all carnivores prefer the innards of their prey intestinal contents inclusive? I confess till now I have some problems to eat the intenstine of terrestrial animals (telling the truth till now nobody offered me such a delicacy  :D ) but I have no problems with the intenstines of marine animals.

Oh alright! I always get a little worried im still not weaned off of parasite phobia yet :D but awesome! Hope you enjoyed the calcium!

Offline leroy4perez

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 01:07:52 pm »

Its also some delicious food. I always want to eat it.
If some one try this and then tell me about dish.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 06:19:50 pm »

Its also some delicious food. I always want to eat it.
If some one try this and then tell me about dish.

That's not crustacea!
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk