Author Topic: Eggs Yolks & Bloody Nose  (Read 11698 times)

Offline Predator

• Scavenger
  • Vancouver, BC
    • View Profile
Eggs Yolks & Bloody Nose
« on: June 08, 2011, 02:45:40 am »
I noticed that when I eat more then 6 free range eggs yolks a day, the next morning I get dried blood clogging up my nose.  The more yolks I eat, the worse it gets.  I originally thought this may be due to an overdose of omega-3, however I do not bruise easily after eating eggs yolks like I did when I used to take fish oil supplements. 

Has anyone else experienced this or may know what causes it?

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Eggs Yolks & Bloody Nose
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 03:10:09 am »
I eat up to 20 egg yolks a day and max side effect is my urine color changes from excess biotin

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 08:34:11 am »
I noticed that when I eat more then 6 free range eggs yolks a day, the next morning I get dried blood clogging up my nose.  The more yolks I eat, the worse it gets.  I originally thought this may be due to an overdose of omega-3, however I do not bruise easily after eating eggs yolks like I did when I used to take fish oil supplements. 

Maybe those eggs are not for you.
There are lots of other food to try.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Sally S.

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 02:52:37 am »

Just curious, are the eggs from true pastured hens, or just 'free range'?

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 03:15:08 am »
It sounds like an allergenic effect/histamine release. I haven't eaten raw eggs in months after they began producing strong gas.

Offline Predator

• Scavenger
  • Vancouver, BC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 05:48:38 pm »
The eggs are from true pasture hens.  I've tried them from numerous farms now and still the same results.  I did notice the symptoms weren't so bad from store bought eggs though so maybe it is a reaction or overdose of some nutrient(s).

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 07:04:08 pm »
I eat up to 20 egg yolks a day and max side effect is my urine color changes from excess biotin

Anyone besides me here eat the white along with the yolk?

Aajonus says people run into problems either way, whether eating only yolks and eating only whites.  I never heard the nose bleed thing though.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 08:31:22 pm »
    Anyone besides me here eat the white along with the yolk?

Aajonus says people run into problems either way, whether eating only yolks and eating only whites.  I never heard the nose bleed thing though.

Sure. I eat at least 4 whole eggs every day. I agree with Aajous that an egg is a amazing wholesome food. Paleo people wouldn't throw away half of a very good food I think.
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 06:09:25 am »
Sure. I eat at least 4 whole eggs every day. I agree with Aajous that an egg is a amazing wholesome food. Paleo people wouldn't throw away half of a very good food I think.

I think this has been discussed before in the rawpaleoforum here.  The conclusion I gather is that in nature there would not be much of a yolk or white most of the time, but mostly chick fetus or less developed lizard, snake, turtle etc.  That paleo people would have been eating that with little white, therefor white isn't paleo or some such non-sense.  I agree with you though.  Food was hard come by.  They wouldn't have thrown anything away.

Do you get a bloody nose?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Predator

• Scavenger
  • Vancouver, BC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 11:57:09 am »
It's not nose bleeds, just bloody snot when I blow my nose  :o

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 01:31:24 pm »
Do you get a bloody nose?
I haven't had one my entire life  :D
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 08:11:32 pm »
It's not nose bleeds, just bloody snot when I blow my nose  :o

Sounds like dehydration to me.  What other fats do you eat regularly?  What other hydration?  Eggs help break down butter and cream, I see it do that as I'm mixing it, the items themselves get liquidy.  Maybe you need to combine the egg with more things to stop the bloody mucus.  I know I get dehydrated without enough saturated fats with my meat meals.   

Offline Predator

• Scavenger
  • Vancouver, BC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2011, 03:54:07 pm »
My diet is roughly 80% fat and almost all animal fat which is usually fat from the grass fed meats I eat and extra suet.  I drink roughly 6 glasses of water a day too.  I don't feel dehydrated though and when I eat the same meals on days I don't have eggs my nose doesn't feel clogged up. 

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2011, 10:21:58 pm »
In the past when I consumed large amounts of fish oil per a nutritionist's recommendation I developed bad bloody noses. I was already prone to them due to a standard "healthy" diet including lots of "healthy whole grains" l) that dried out my skin--which worsened during winter--and weakened my connective tissues. Adding lots of fish oil exacerbated the problem. I would just be standing talking to someone and suddenly my nose would start gushing blood. I had easy skin bruising too, but it began before that and didn't appear to be worsened by the fish oil. I haven't gotten bloody noses from eating eggs or suet or taking small doses of raw fermented Blue Ice cod liver oil, even when at times eating up to a dozen or so eggs in a day, though I wasn't eating just the yolks. Idk, maybe try eating some of the whites with the yolks? I usually discard one or two whites but keep the rest when eating eggs (I usually crack them into a big cup and drink), so that the mix is yolk-heavy but not just yolks.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk