Author Topic: Fat Rankings  (Read 3333 times)

Offline Squall

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
Fat Rankings
« on: September 21, 2008, 11:30:25 am »
Can i trouble some of the veteran RPD'ers here to post a ranking of which fats they consider the best? Something like:

1. Brains
2. Hide fat
3. Suet
4. etc.

I'm really just looking for opinions and not necessarily hard science.
The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd.

- Bertrand Russell

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Fat Rankings
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 05:40:18 pm »
Can i trouble some of the veteran RPD'ers here to post a ranking of which fats they consider the best? Something like:

1. Brains
2. Hide fat
3. Suet
4. etc.

I'm really just looking for opinions and not necessarily hard science.

This assumes that the organs all come from 100% grassfed sources - for example, I used to get a source of grainfed brains from pigs(cattle brains are forbidden in the UK for sale). The following fats are listed in descending order from greatest to least, and I;m measuring them in terms of what other trace micronutrients they have, other than just fats:-

Brains
Marrow
Tongue
Hide-Fat
Muscle-Meat Fat
Suet
-------
(Optional)
Eggs
Dairy
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 07:41:42 pm »
This assumes that the organs all come from 100% grassfed sources - for example, I used to get a source of grainfed brains from pigs(cattle brains are forbidden in the UK for sale). The following fats are listed in descending order from greatest to least, and I;m measuring them in terms of what other trace micronutrients they have, other than just fats:-

Brains
Marrow
Tongue
Hide-Fat
Muscle-Meat Fat
Suet
-------
(Optional)
Eggs
Dairy

Is Hide-Fat the fat just under the fur and muscle-meat fat the fat in the muscles?

On Friday I got over 1kg lamb brains; I have only had 3 up to now - I like them, but as a treat because it would have been a treat in paleo times too!

Now I will have to throw most out because I could never eat that many and "normal" people would not be interested in me giving them brains :'(

I notice that brains have a lot of cholesterol which is calming...

Nicola

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 08:28:24 pm »
I think so. People from the States enthuse about yellow  hide-fat all the time, but I don't seem to get hold of it, over here.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk