Author Topic: Raw Veggies Recipes  (Read 3382 times)

Offline Amris

• Egg Thief
  • Rising From the Ashes
    • View Profile
Raw Veggies Recipes
« on: June 10, 2011, 10:05:59 pm »
I don't have any photos. If I make these things again, I'll post the recipes as I do. Someone asked me for recipes, she being more of a "veggies" than a "fruit" person. I am formerly a raw vegan, so I have lots of these recipes. I do NOT guarantee they are necessarily paleo, though!!

But I think these recipes can be good for those of us transitioning into paleo. Not all of us are ready or even mentally able to just go cold turkey. So... here we go.

Corn on the cob. I found that raw corn on the cob is very good with avocado spread on it. I also use salt--you may or may not want to try it, depending on how you feel about that. But for me, I now eat butter, so I would even eat raw corn with raw butter. The salt IMO makes it more like "standard" corn on the cob. The avocado or butter adds a lot of fat to it, which is of course something we want.

Fries. I use jicama and just cut it up into small fries. I then coat with olive oil or whatever kind of oil you use. If you use spices, add them. I add a bit of garlic, some salt, and fresh chives. Do what tastes good to you. Remember, though, that jicama is a root veggie, and may not be paleo.

Zucchini Alfredo. I slice up a zucchini into "alfredo noodle" strips using my food processor. Then I grind up some garlic [I don't like it a lot, so I use a 1/4 of a clove or so--go to your own tastes] and add it to some cream [about a third of a cup]. I also add pepper and salt. If you add in some raw cashews and blend it all up to a silky feel, it tastes surprisingly close to real alfredo. To make this fully vegan, of course, you would only use the cashews, some water, the garlic, and the spices. I add chives because I have tons of chives growing in my yard. :p

Burgers. 1/2 cup or so of soaked raw cashews or macadamias, 1/2 cup carrots, a small amount of garlic to taste, 1/4 of a small onion, 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast, spices to taste. Blend in food processor until it forms a consistency of pate. Taste and add more yeast if needed. I use braggs here, because I like braggs a lot.

Mashed [not] potatoes. 2 cups or so of chopped parsnip small enough for food processing. 1/4-1/2 cup pine nuts [I don't like them, so I use less, but most people prefer more]. A bit of garlic, some salt if you eat it, a squeeze of lemon or lime juice (not fully squeezed, just a squirt of it), some oil, and a few teaspoons of water--just enough to let you process the parsnips. I can't wait to try this one with butter, I think it'll be delicious.
The thought manifests as the word; The word manifests as the deed; The deed develops into habit; And habit hardens into character; So watch the thought and its ways with care, And let it spring from love Born out of concern for all beings...

As the shadow follows the body, as we think, so we become.

The Dhammapada

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Raw Veggies Recipes
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 11:03:47 pm »
Nice.  Very womanly.  Thanks.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Sally S.

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Raw Veggies Recipes
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 05:16:16 am »
Thanks Armis!  I agree, I needed some transition veggie dishes when I started this journey.

Here is the recipe for 'primal hummus'. 

2 peeled and cut raw zucchini
3/4 cup of tahini
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup of lemon juice
4 cloves of garlic
2.5 teaspoons of sea salt
1/2 tablespoon of ground cumin

Just whip it all together in a food processor and serve on cucumber slices etc. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk