Author Topic: Grassfed Hamburger in Fridge Smells Bad?  (Read 3417 times)

Offline Max

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Grassfed Hamburger in Fridge Smells Bad?
« on: June 14, 2011, 01:48:29 pm »
Hey guys, I bought some grassfed hamburger meat from a co-op store on Friday last week.  I think the animal was killed on Wednesday last week.  I stored it in a glass container uncovered in my fridge.  Tonight when I opened the fridge there was a bad smell.  I found the smell to be coming from the hamburger.  Should I still eat it?
"The strong white teeth sank into the raw and dripping flesh in apparent relish of the meal, but Clayton could not bring himself to share the uncooked meat with his strange host; instead he watched him, and presently there dawned upon him the conviction that this was Tarzan of the Apes....." - Edgar Rice Burroughs, 'Tarzan of the Apes'

Offline p0wer

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Grassfed Hamburger in Fridge Smells Bad?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 06:05:40 pm »
Give it a try eat a little bit, if you don't get diarrhea, stomach pain, or simply repulsed by the taste I guess it would be fine.
I myself am usually never scared by such things like some bad smell and not in the mood for wasting food, but often it ends up with some diarrhea.

Offline Max

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 04:10:38 am »
I decided against eating it.  It just smelled so bad today.  I am thawing out some grassfed beef for tomorrow.  Maybe after I become more accustomed to this WOE I won't mind smelly meat, but for now, I don't think I can handle it.
"The strong white teeth sank into the raw and dripping flesh in apparent relish of the meal, but Clayton could not bring himself to share the uncooked meat with his strange host; instead he watched him, and presently there dawned upon him the conviction that this was Tarzan of the Apes....." - Edgar Rice Burroughs, 'Tarzan of the Apes'

Offline nicole

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 05:42:36 am »
ground meat goes bad easier.
Give it to us raw, and wriggling. You keep nasty chips.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk