Author Topic: Coming Clean  (Read 5244 times)

Offline stevesurv

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
Coming Clean
« on: September 20, 2008, 12:02:16 pm »
  Well, as most of you know, I haven't been around much the past few weeks because, quite frankly, I've gone pretty wayward re my diet regimen. I feel I should come clean to you all as to my small downfall because I don't want to be hypocritical. God I feel like dog sh*t right now. The addictive power of cooked food is undeniable. I was doing so well!
  Along the way, I've been trying to fight back by keeping raw food in my diet as well which is what has been keeping me afloat but I've basically been giving in to almost every little temptation that comes my way, even alcohol. I feel so weak.
  In any case, I will never give up my path to radiant health and will continue to pick myself back up and brush myself off. I completely believe in the RAF diet and will regain everything I've lost in these few short weeks. It'll probably take me at least a month to feel good again but, damnit, feel good I will. I've felt like I've lost a lot! Man, health is so delicate.
  I know you all will understand because you're a pretty smart bunch. Thanks. ;)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Coming Clean
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 03:23:07 pm »
I got rid of cooked food addiction by doing a 14 day orange juice fast.  www.barefootherbalistmh.com teaches it.  It worked for me.  You might want to try it out.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 06:08:41 pm »
It can take 8-12 months to start enjoying raw for some people. I found it much easier to just try small amounts of so many different varieties, that I inevitably found some raw animal foods which I liked instantly(in my own case, mostly raw fish, especially raw shellfish, and raw goat, initially). The alternative is to start off with lightly-cooked meat, and slowly reduce cooking-temperature over time.

One problem I had was when walking past restaurants, as they routinely waft the smell of food onto the pavement so as to entice customers. While I was no longer attracted to the taste of cooked-animal foods, for various reasons, I was attracted by the smell, so I simply visualised in my mind the resulting stomach-pains that would occur if I did eat the food offered by the various restaurants.

Another option, other than the above, is to eat cooked-/processed stuff but go for healthier versions thereof. So, in the case of alcohol, go in for "Real Ale"(also known as "cask-conditioned ale" or "bottle-conditioned" ale in the US), or go in for clear, transparent spirits. Real Ale is technically rawpalaeo in that it's raw and full of live, fermenting bacteria, and unlike lager and normal beers, doesn't contain preservatives. Don't buy any supposed "Real Ale" in pubs/bars as these are mostly pasteurised, get them from bottles in shops/supermarkets which have the term "bottle-conditioned" or "secondary fermentation within the bottle" on their labels - the bottles should all have a metal covering over the cork or cap of the bottle, with wires going round the top, slightly further down(to prevent the gases inside from bursting the cap off). Transparent spirits are also recommended as it's the congeners/preservatives within alcoholic drinks which cause the worst hangovers, and these congeners are what give spirits their colour - so vodka, clear gin etc. is better than whisky, say.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 06:50:44 pm »
Oh man, in my first couple months on RPD I would go off my diet far too often, and always in a big way.
It was always pizza and ice cream that did it, and it didn't help that my family was always ordering pizza.
One night I had three (THREE!) cartons of ben +jerry's ice cream in the span of two hours.
So I know what it's like... all you can do is try harder next time, and not get down on yourself for being human and making mistakes!
Glad to hear you're determined to get back on track.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 07:29:19 pm »
You will get back on the wagon and fall off many times too
No need to hide it. Just jump straight back on.
I work away and one of the perks of doing my dirty dangerous job is that we get free alcohol and eat out at the best restaurants in the town we are in. (now that's temptation!)
After a week I was dying to get back to my tasty stomach soothing raw meat and fat.

Of course now I only eat meat now when out at the restaurants and say natural oyeters and turn down the copious amounts of beer..wines..ports..liquers..I miss the drunken antics though and I'm not part of the 'boys' club so much.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline stevesurv

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 12:53:34 am »
  Thank you for the advice and support. I'm essentially alone in my efforts re RAF out here in the real world. Much like many of you. So this forum has proven very important for me.
   Being an idealist, I've done my share to try to show certain people the advantages of a diet like this wanting to see others improve as well. All attempts are futile, of course, despite my own health improvements. All we can do is "Be what you want the world to become" -Gandhi

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 01:33:46 am »
Never EVER proselytize about this diet! I tried this, in the early stages, with my father, who'd developed a massive potbelly and type 2 diabates/heart-trouble etc, c.10-20 years before. All he would go in for was the raw dairy and nothing else - he was just too terrified of raw meats etc. He would make excuses, such as the idea that every diet should include a "banned food" in order to allow one to continue with it. He died 6 months later. The ONLY way one can convince others(and even then it's iffy at best) is to lead by example re health-improvement - one out of every 100 acquaintances  will notice, over the years, that you're healthier and younger-looking than others of your age-group, and perhaps a 1/10th of that number will actually do something about it, such as eating more raw animal food, such as raw oysters etc.

ONE other thing:- you're a very lucky man. You live in the US, the mecca of raw animal foodists. OK, you may not live in RAF-heavy California, but there are Primal Potlucks for raw animal foodists appearing in most US states every few months. Just travel to whichever event Aajonus is going to appear next at,  over the next year, and you're bound to find several people who live in your State(or neighbouring States). Contact aajonus at optimal@earthlink.net for furher info re Primal Potlucks or Aajonus workshops in your area etc. in your area - at the very least, he'll put you on his e-mailing-list re providing furthr info.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 01:38:12 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline stevesurv

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 01:37:43 am »
Never EVER proselytize about this diet! I tried this, in the early stages, with my father, who'd developed a massive potbelly and type 2 diabates/heart-trouble etc, c.10-20 years before. All he would go in for was the raw dairy and nothing else - he was just too terrified of raw meats etc. He would make excuses, such as the idea that every diet should include a "banned food" in order to allow one to continue with it. He died 6 months later. The ONLY way one can convince others(and even then it's iffy at best) is to lead by example re health-improvement - one out of every 100 acquaintances  will notice, over the years, that you're healthier and younger-looking than others of your age-group, and perhaps a 1/10th of that number will actually do something about it, such as eating more raw animal food, such as raw oysters etc.

I know. I thought I had made it clear that I changed my ways which was months ago. Thanks Geoff.

Offline stevesurv

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 01:38:55 am »
Sorry I mentioned it.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 06:32:28 am »
Every friend who has not seen me in a few months has noticed I look great, younger and have clear skin. 
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 07:42:46 am »
I hear ya.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk