Author Topic: I'm writing a RVAF book, ideas please!  (Read 4518 times)

CitrusHigh

I'm writing a RVAF book, ideas please!
« on: June 21, 2011, 11:14:07 am »
I'm writing a book about raw vegetable and animal foods but mostly animal foods. I'd like to hear ideas about what ya'll would like to see in it. Think about it from different perspectives. I'd like to be equally useful for beginners and people who have been raw for a few years. I've started an outline, and I'd like the book to look also at the implications of the raw animal diet for all parts of life. The scope of the book might be a bit broad, but since there's little literature out there on this kind of eating I don't think I can really go wrong. Thanks!

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: I'm writing a RVAF book, ideas please!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 11:15:31 am »
Who will your publisher be?  Do you have an agent?

Offline Max

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 11:27:10 am »
Hey CitrusHigh,

Great Idea!!!

Some things I think would be useful and/or interesting include how to find healthy grassfed meat, and the importance of grassfed animals.  Also I would be interested in knowing how to butcher a variety of game and farm animals (if you had a how to section).

Thinking about it now, one of the most important things to put in there is the science behind grassfed animals (importance of Omega-3s), and the science behind why raw food is important (heat toxins and such).  If you could get this information across in an interesting way that would be great.  I would definitely buy the book, read it myself and then get my family to read it so they can understand why I am choosing to eat this way.
"The strong white teeth sank into the raw and dripping flesh in apparent relish of the meal, but Clayton could not bring himself to share the uncooked meat with his strange host; instead he watched him, and presently there dawned upon him the conviction that this was Tarzan of the Apes....." - Edgar Rice Burroughs, 'Tarzan of the Apes'

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 11:40:37 am »
I'd love to read more about different people's motivation AND definition of RVAF. For example, aside from using the term RVAF on this forum, I never say or think of RVAF. That term does not describe why I eat this way or how I decide what to eat. I am not pursuing health, and I am not avoiding toxins.

In my thoughts, motivation and definition are clear and prominent. This might be something that you included in a book about RVAF.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

CitrusHigh

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 11:57:39 am »
Thanks for the ideas everyone, Eveheart could you expound upon that? Why do you eat this way then and what is your definition?

Thanks!

Offline zaidi

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 11:59:33 pm »
Make a chart for starters about how long they could keep the different kind of meats (organs etc) in their refrigerator.

Actually I dont know the answer to this question myself as I am myself a newbie and today I have eaten my first Raw liver.  :D

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 09:47:02 am »
I don't think about why I eat RVAF too much, but, off the top of my head, my answer would be that I am trying to make peace with the necessity of eating. I practice minimalism in other areas of my lifestyle, and RVAF seems to be a minimalist style of eating.

The reason I mentioned this for your book is that, most of the books I've seen and read about eating raw focus on curing disease. This is not the sole focus on this Raw Paleo Forum, which is why I like it here. I think that members of this forum could offer a lot of other motivations for raw eating than are generally written about.

As far as a definition for RVAF, I'm too new to have a solid definition, but the one that is forming has a lot of instinctive eating, while eliminating taste-beguiling processed foods. I want to find my true appetite.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline p0wer

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 03:36:04 pm »
I practice minimalism in other areas of my lifestyle, and RVAF seems to be a minimalist style of eating.

I'm exactly same. When it comes to eating healthy in the long term you can't minimize much beyond RVAF.

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 06:51:41 pm »
I don't think about why I eat RVAF too much, but, off the top of my head, my answer would be that I am trying to make peace with the necessity of eating. I practice minimalism in other areas of my lifestyle, and RVAF seems to be a minimalist style of eating.

The reason I mentioned this for your book is that, most of the books I've seen and read about eating raw focus on curing disease. This is not the sole focus on this Raw Paleo Forum, which is why I like it here. I think that members of this forum could offer a lot of other motivations for raw eating than are generally written about.

As far as a definition for RVAF, I'm too new to have a solid definition, but the one that is forming has a lot of instinctive eating, while eliminating taste-beguiling processed foods. I want to find my true appetite.
You're right my main purpose for eating raw isn't curing disease it is preventing disease, increasing energy, cleaning my body, increasing health and longevity
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 05:59:48 am by TylerDurden »
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 02:46:06 am »
There a several different topics to cover but this is just a list of those that come to mind:

• The history of eating raw animal foods and use those cultures as examples of the benefits and safety (Weston A. Price would be a good reference for this research).
  • The presentation of the modern practice of primitive diets in the modern age by doing examinations of families like goodsamaritan's in the Philippines and people like Iguana in France.

Beyond that, specific topics and all the basics of a raw food diet would need to be covered in detail, too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk