Author Topic: Hello and long live the king  (Read 3702 times)

Offline bacchus

• Forager
    • View Profile
Hello and long live the king
« on: June 28, 2011, 06:52:49 am »
Good evening

Bacchus is not my real name. Bacchus was the roman god of wine, and I am just an ordinary guy from Sweden, with a rather skeptic eye towards conventional wisdom and civilization in general. I grew up eating a rather poor diet, lots of bread, pasta, and various processed meats. No seafood at all until I was 18, and very few fruits and vegetables. Despite all that (I am now 20) I have been blessed with rather good health, few maladies and zero dental cavities. Although my teeth are in good shape, my jaw was too small and as such five of them had to be removed and I wore braces for over 3 years. Otherwise I have only "suffered" from low energy levels and non-stop constipation (which I didn't consider a problem). Here is my picture:

So what brought me here, if not bad health and dissatisfaction with conventional dieting traditions? I more or less stumbled across a book called Spartan Health Regime, in which the author says one should not base ones diet on cooked starches. I realized that conventional diets suck, which led me to paleolithic diet, to food-combining diets, to wai diet, to 811, and finally to here. Note that I never had the economy or motivation to do either of those diets 100%. At the most I was raw vegan (having had between 50 and 70% of calories from fruit for the last few months) for 2 days, until I concluded that it was not right for me, and came to accept the (now rather obvious) truth that humans evolved as hunter-gatherers and relied mostly on hunting for energy.

Unfortunately I am rather poor, and I am living off my parents for the summer. They were, however, prepared to finance my fruitarian experiment, where I intended to eat about 3kgs of bananas daily, so maybe they will also be open to letting me experiment with raw meat (and paying for it). Infact I was cooking enchiladas for my family today, and chewed down a small piece of raw organic grainfed ground beef, before I visciously fried the rest. It didn't taste particularly much of anything, but it was juicy and I could have easily made a meal out of it. I have a feeling this post is already very long, so I will break it off with a picture I took of my homeland:

So enough about the past. I intend to transition to a raw paleolithic diet. I think the transition will take a long time, before I can eat 100% raw. Or maybe not, I don't know. Time will tell. I want to be able to sustain myself as a hunter-gatherer living in the wild. That is no easy task, but I take it one step at a time, starting with a hunters examination this fall (required for hunting license). Im going to do lots of bodyweight exercises, sprinting, running, quit drinking (in due time) and all that jazz. I would be ecstatic if I could grow a bigger jawbone or grow a few cm lengthwise, but Im not too hopeful. I also hope to improve my vision, because I am currently rather near-sighted to the point that it would severly cripple my tracking abilities. As of now I will be taking it slow, but in the future should I get serious I will start a journal. Keeping a journal has proven helpful to me with other matters in the past.

I read this forum daily, and I highly regard your collective wisdom. It makes me a little bit sad that there are not already millions of people doing raw paleo. But what can I say, civilization sucks. Mother Earth is being stretched like a rubber and and soon she will snap. Best be prepared.

Cheers and long live the king

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Hello and long live the king
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 08:12:58 am »
Welcome.  Great you are starting young!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 08:20:06 am »
welcome! great that you're parents are so supportive of your decisions!!

CitrusHigh

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 09:19:27 am »
awesome Bacchus, how long have you been tracking?

I think you can improve your vision, but even if not, still best to believe you can! Have you tried dropping egg whites in to your eyes daily? I will begin doing that tonight!

Also don't write your jaw off yet, humans grow, usually until at least 25, so you've got some time, just eat optimally, lots of raw fats and make sure you're getting a good source of vitamin K along with A and D and watch your body balance!

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 07:24:42 pm »
Welcome!!  :)

Offline bacchus

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 01:08:40 am »
Thank you

No, I have never tracked anything, it was just a reflection I had. Neither have I tried anything specific to improve my vision, up until a few days ago I did not think it was possible. Egg whites sounds messy. How will they help?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk