Author Topic: Applesause  (Read 2757 times)

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
Applesause
« on: July 04, 2011, 12:39:06 am »

This was easy to make, and quite delicious.  The only ingredients you need are an apple, raw honey, cinnamon, and raw apple cider vinegar.
In a small 6 oz bowl, I mixed a little bit of raw apple cider vinegar, some honey, and cinnamon, to taste.. this stuff gives it that "applesauce" taste, but you could leave out the apple cider vinegar if you want.  I like it sweet so I had a lot of honey.. I used a liquidy honey that I got from Arizona, labeled raw, unfiltered, and no water added.. the "cat's claw" flavour seems to go best with the organic fuji apple that I used, but you can use whatever apple and whatever honey you have, or think go good together.  My mixture turned out about the consistency and colour of liquid caramel.  Then I took the apple, cut it into fourths, peeled and gutted it.  I took half the apple, and chopped it into little pieces, and threw it in the blender with a little more than half the honey sauce, and blended all that together to whatever consistency I liked.  Then I took the other half of the apple, cut it into 8 slices, then arranged them in my bowl.  I poured in the applesauce from the blender, then covered it in the rest of the honey sauce, and garnished with a couple of the apple peeling and a bit of cinnamon on top.  I WAS going to warm it by putting the bowl in warm water, using my thermometer to make sure the water doesn't get too hot (since the hot water that comes out of the sink can get up to 150 degrees F) but it just looked too delicious that I started eating it right away, cold, lol.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/SrIacIovv/Food/0702012059b.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/SrIacIovv/Food/0702012059a.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/SrIacIovv/Food/0702012059c.jpg
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Applesause
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 08:03:09 am »
Thanks.  I'll try this with my kids.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
Re: Applesause
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 09:29:34 am »
I hope you guys enjoy!

I also forgot to mention, you can get raw cinnamon powder here:
http://bluemountainorganics.com/_product_84497/Cinnamon_Powder%2c_raw_-_LRF_(7_oz)
Although, I don't know how reliably raw they are, but they claim that none of their foods are heated or roasted or cooked or anything, and that all their spices are cool-dried not heat-dried.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk