Author Topic: Clay  (Read 31247 times)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Clay
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2011, 01:40:34 am »
What about clay from ocean areas? (beach)
Cheers
Al

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2011, 03:46:06 pm »
What about clay from ocean areas? (beach)

Yeah. How can one find edible clay in nature? Ive seen it in like rock form in desert pics. Getting my own would be fun :)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2011, 12:11:19 pm »
How can one find edible clay in nature?

I've seen it a very few places.  I'm not sure how to find it otherwise.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2011, 07:11:22 pm »
   I've seen it a very few places.  I'm not sure how to find it otherwise.

Could you post a few pictures of clay in nature? I dont even know how it would look lol, like a rock, chunk, or pottery mud lol.

Offline p0wer

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2011, 09:27:11 pm »
or pottery mud

I think it's exactly this? As kids we would go collect from this mud and make pots and "art" etc. Obviously it's everywhere around, but only on few places you would find it in sufficiently pure form that will work well for pottery. I never thought this would be edible though :)

Offline p0wer

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2011, 09:36:48 pm »
Go out when it hasn't rained for quite some time and look for places like this

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2011, 10:01:58 pm »
hey you crack me up
Cheers
Al

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2011, 10:12:39 pm »
^ xD

Is that really clay? Looks like a bunch of desert to me.

Offline p0wer

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2011, 10:28:18 pm »
What did you expect? :D When there's water it's mud, otherwise it's that bunch of desert

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2011, 10:33:06 pm »
Lol so is that like the clay itself, or is near those desert areas, or are you supposed to dig? I come off naive but I know zero about clay locating  ???

I love to save soem money and find it myself like the animals  :D

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2011, 01:17:46 am »
I'm pretty sure edible clay is completely different from both regular dirt and from pottery clay.  I don't think you can eat pottery clay, but really I have no idea so don't take anything I say as fact, only speculation.  But I would assume only pure clays of high mineral content would be sought out.

With a simple search, I was able to find these:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geophagy
http://www.eytonsearth.org/bentonite.html

Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2011, 01:21:15 am »
I think that pottery clay is a chemical soup.

It's also hard to eat and not paleo if it's been fired.. : )
Cheers
Al

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2011, 02:37:20 am »
I still have no idea how to collect clay in the wild. :S

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2011, 02:55:00 am »

You have to be quiet. Be still my beating heart.
Cheers
Al

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2011, 03:40:55 pm »

You'd have to find a deposit of clay that was edible and not contaminated..
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2011, 06:44:25 pm »
When rivers cut out their beds in rocky ground the "cutting paste" that results is clay. Therefore clay can only be found on (dried) river beds. Since our current waterways are hopelesly polluted one has to search for ancient clay deposits. Ancient river beds that have not since seen pollution. Preferably on sites with very little rain otherwise the mineral balance is disturbed because the lighter minerals will be washed out. Good luck finding such a site!
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2011, 07:15:13 pm »
You'd have to find a deposit of clay that was edible and not contaminated..

That's quite true :(

What if it was somewhere remote, like the middle of the Arizona desert, could you be sure if was free of contamination?

When rivers cut out their beds in rocky ground the "cutting paste" that results is clay. Therefore clay can only be found on (dried) river beds. Since our current waterways are hopelesly polluted one has to search for ancient clay deposits. Ancient river beds that have not since seen pollution. Preferably on sites with very little rain otherwise the mineral balance is disturbed because the lighter minerals will be washed out. Good luck finding such a site!

I'd need a lotta luck for that lol! I bet you'd even get rich finding such a find!

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2011, 07:21:35 pm »
What if it was somewhere remote, like the middle of the Arizona desert, could you be sure if was free of contamination?
I'd need a lotta luck for that lol! I bet you'd even get rich finding such a find!
I would avoid obviously urban areas but otherwise I wouldn't worry. You are breathing the stuff all day anyways and who says the stuff you buy online isn't contaminated. There's no magic fairy that blesses everything you buy online or at a "Health Food" store. Read "Down and Out in Paris and London" and you'll see what us humans are capable of.
Cheers
Al

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2011, 07:44:09 pm »

Well there are a lot of ancient gletsjers melting away so they may reveal some pristine clay  ;D
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2011, 10:34:13 am »
Okay so I just bought some clay from that frenchgreenclayforallwhatever site, and now I have this jar of clay and all.. so can I just eat this stuff straight?  Or should I do what the paper tells me to and soak it in water overnight, drink only the white clay "milk" that it forms, and leave the residue at the bottom?  Can I mix the clay with a little water so that it goes from being dry, to more of an actual "clay" and still eat it like that?  Or what?  Are there any things I should avoid doing or mixing the clay with?  I don't know how all this works, though I'd assume I'd be able to eat this stuff straight.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2011, 12:56:01 pm »
Can I mix the clay with a little water so that it goes from being dry, to more of an actual "clay" and still eat it like that?  Or what? 

I soak, then dilute, like your instructions indicate. The idea is that the clay molecules are absorptive, so you don't want a lump of clay with most of the surface of each molecule inside the lump. You do want the molecules to be all spread out and separate as they pass through you, each one absorbing toxins.

Clay is my favorite (and only) detox.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2011, 02:37:41 pm »
Yeah i thought you could just mix it with water and drink? And clayers/french clayers can clarify?

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2011, 12:32:08 am »
well I mean, I wouldn't eat all the clay in one big lump..I'd grind it or chew it up into powder and swallow it like that, a little bit at a time.  o.O  if I grind it or chew it, is it necessary to mix it with water still?

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2011, 12:57:46 am »
well I mean, I wouldn't eat all the clay in one big lump..I'd grind it or chew it up into powder and swallow it like that, a little bit at a time.  o.O  if I grind it or chew it, is it necessary to mix it with water still?

I've seen a guy take a chunk of clay in the form of a rock, put it in his mouth, crack it with his teeth, and chew it up. Seems legit so just no worries just gulp it down, chew it up, drink it with water, etc all is fine I assume :)

Here's the vid person chewing clay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o7zn7e5Ep4

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2011, 06:26:38 pm »
Let it soak for a day in natural (preferably rain)water this allows the clay molecules to start reacting with the organic compounds in the water thereby creating organicly bound minerals. If you drink it straight away most of the mineral content is fully inorganic. The body absorbs organicly bound mineral much much better than inorganic minerals. That why bone broth is a good mineral sup just not raw.

I always add a small amount of either ground eggshell, raw bone meal or basalt rock powder to my water kefir. This makes the grains grow fast and strong. they get to 3cm diameter before they break. Without the minerals they grow much slower and dont get much bigger than 5mm. As a sugar source for the kefir I use raw sun evaporated sugarcane juice this also has some minerals. This makes my probiotic drink rich in organic bound minerals. Might try clay for the same purpose some time see how the kefir reacts.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 10:02:31 pm by TylerDurden »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk