Author Topic: Eating cooked food akin to smoking??  (Read 6903 times)

Offline technosmith

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Eating cooked food akin to smoking??
« on: July 24, 2011, 04:02:38 am »
Hey guys,

Cooked hot food warms my whole body, and makes me feel good as a result. A raw meat meal does not produce this warming effect, but is obviously a million times easier to digest and more nutritious.

Could eating hot cooked food be similar to the effect produced from smoking (ignoring the nicotine aspect) in that it makes you feel good temporarily as a result of a warming effect, but you are still ingesting toxins that ultimately prove harmful?

Or could the actual heating of the body using food benefit you in some way metabolically/energetically, as well as being accompanied by the negative toxic effects?

Thanks,

Phil

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Eating cooked food akin to smoking??
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 04:14:38 am »
Could eating hot cooked food be similar to the effect produced from smoking (ignoring the nicotine aspect) in that it makes you feel good temporarily as a result of a warming effect, but you are still ingesting toxins that ultimately prove harmful?

Yes, that's it. It is even probably better to stop eating cooked food than stop smoking.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 04:20:02 am »
Heterocycylic amines and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons are 2 types of toxins found within cigarette-smoke, car-exhaust fumes and also cooked foods.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 09:10:06 am »
Hey guys,

Cooked hot food warms my whole body, and makes me feel good as a result. A raw meat meal does not produce this warming effect, but is obviously a million times easier to digest and more nutritious.

Or could the actual heating of the body using food benefit you in some way metabolically/energetically, as well as being accompanied by the negative toxic effects?

Thanks,

Phil

If warming is an issue, then defrost your meat fully.  Don't eat it cold.  I experience warm feelings with un-refrigerated freshly killed meat.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 11:51:52 am »
could the actual heating of the body using food benefit you in some way metabolically/energetically, as well as being accompanied by the negative

If you eat strictly Ayurvedicly or strictly according to teachings in Chinese medicine schools or by a macrobiotic teacher they might tell you should cook all your food to benefit your health because you have a cold constitution.

After eating a few years I believe my body started detoxing old smoke from a burning building.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 11:56:19 am »
I don't really see any major problems with light steaming of food. If you cook it warmer than that, you start to kill the surface bacteria, and they are probably beneficial to you. Also, you can damage the B and C vitamins, as well as producing toxic chemicals. 

If you want to feel warm, eat more animal fats, particularly fatty fish. 

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 01:39:55 pm »
I don't really see any major problems with light steaming of food.

Really? Light(?) steaming? AFAIK steam is usually at more than 100° C...

If you cook it warmer than that, you start to kill the surface bacteria, and they are probably beneficial to you. Also, you can damage the B and C vitamins, as well as producing toxic chemicals.

You mean warmer than 100° C then, but you can cook food at less than 100°C and bacterias are killed at much lower temperatures! For example, pasteurization can be done at 60°C.

Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline technosmith

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 07:02:21 pm »
Perhaps another similar situation would be say if you worked outside in cold weather, and were offered a hot drink or a drink that was cooler.

You would instinctively go for the hot drink, and it would undoubtedly make you feel much better than the cooler drink. The heat energy would give you a boost. It is this boost that I am taking about with cooked food.

Perhaps the heat energy ingested warms up your organs and glands, allowing them to function better? Or perhaps there is some positive energetic thing going on?
In this case though with water, obviously there is no damage to any essential enzymes and nutrients, and no ingestestion of heat-created toxins.

Do you think this 'boost' could be the one advantage of eating cooked food over raw food? Or is it a case of pros's and con's, with the con's outweighing the pro's in this case?

Thanks,

Phil
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 07:11:47 pm by technosmith »

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 07:02:51 pm »
can cook food at less than 100°C and bacterias are killed at much lower temperatures! For example, pasteurization can be done at 60°C.

If a brain goes to 110 degrees Fahrenheit the same bacteria won't grow on it and it will be forever changed.  That's way less than 60°C.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 07:47:22 pm »
    If you eat strictly Ayurvedicly or strictly according to teachings in Chinese medicine schools or by a macrobiotic teacher they might tell you should cook all your food to benefit your health because you have a cold constitution.

After eating a few years I believe my body started detoxing old smoke from a burning building.
Ayurvedic books nowadays say that, because nowadays Ayurveda dwells mainly on the vege diet unlike the original texts. If you eat cooked vege then having the food warm is necessary because it is hard to digest.

Also when you cook food, you should eat it within a few hours because an important component of the food Ojas (Sanskrit word) dissipates after that. Reheated or cold cooked food fills the belly, but is poor nutritionally. I'm surprised I am still alive after my poor eating habits of my youth.  ;D ;D ;D
Cheers
Al

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2011, 08:16:26 pm »
Also when you cook food, you should eat it within a few hours because an important component of the food Ojas (Sanskrit word) dissipates after that. Reheated or cold cooked food fills the belly, but is poor nutritionally.

I remember that from the Indian temple kitchens.

I thought that.  You know about that tribe that only eats dairy (raw) all year round?  There are so many things from days of old we hear nothing about these days.  Yes, cooking vegetables, I mean steaming them, makes sense.  I just wrote somewhere else about steaming leaves.  They need their nutrients somewhere, and raw leaves?  We're not gorillas or goats.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2011, 08:18:13 pm »
Perhaps another similar situation would be say if you worked outside in cold weather, and were offered a hot drink or a drink that was cooler.

You would instinctively go for the hot drink, and it would undoubtedly make you feel much better than the cooler drink. The heat energy would give you a boost. It is this boost that I am taking about with cooked food.

Perhaps the heat energy ingested warms up your organs and glands, allowing them to function better? Or perhaps there is some positive energetic thing going on?
In this case though with water, obviously there is no damage to any essential enzymes and nutrients, and no ingestion of heat-created toxins.

Do you think this 'boost' could be the one advantage of eating cooked food over raw food? Or is it a case of pros's and con's, with the con's outweighing the pro's in this case?

Thanks,
Phil

The amount of calories ingested by eating or drinking warm stuff instead of the same cold stuff is insignificant, absolutely negligible. You cannot drink or eat anything warmer than about 50°C without burning your mouth, and the absolute difference between  for example food ingested at 25°C or 45° C is very small : 273 + 25 = 298° Kelvin  while 273 + 45 = 318° K. 

There are always bacteria and some organic molecules in water  (unless it’s absolutely pure, which is never the case in nature) thus heating water over 40° C will generate  heat-created toxins. 

Cheers
François
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 09:29:35 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 02:48:26 am »
The amount of calories ingested by eating or drinking warm stuff instead of the same cold stuff is insignificant, absolutely negligible. You cannot drink or eat anything warmer than about 50°C without burning your mouth, and the absolute difference between  for example food ingested at 25°C or 45° C is very small : 273 + 25 = 298° Kelvin  while 273 + 45 = 318° K. 

There are always bacteria and some organic molecules in water  (unless it’s absolutely pure, which is never the case in nature) thus heating water over 40° C will generate  heat-created toxins. 

Cheers
François

I find heated food to be objectionable now.
Cheers
Al

Offline technosmith

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 12:10:12 am »
The reason I ask is as follows;

There was an occasion when I ate an evening meal consisting of raw liver, raw beef fat, and cooked sweet potato.

It was winter and the weather outside was cold, and I felt cool myself. I ate the liver, and then ate lots and lots of beef fat. I experienced no/minimal boost from this in terms of warmth. It was only when I ate the cooked sweet potato that I got a boost and felt warmer.

I thought that smashing lots of raw fat would have heated me up, but it didn't. Perhaps I wasn't utilising the fat well?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 01:55:20 am »
I often get a toxic response from eating cooked foods, re excessive heating in the short-term. But, in the long-term, I have been able to resist hot or cold temperatures more easily on a raw diet, due to better blood circulation etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 02:14:22 am »
I have a similar experience to Tyler. I have always been cold in the winter no matter what kind of cooked diet I was on. The first time I was ever warm in the winter was when I was eating 100% raw. It was a revelation to me. And I was vegan.

If I eat cooked even in the hottest summer I can get cold after eating. I have always thought that it was because all of my energy has to go to my stomach to deal with the mess. To me raw or cooked is the macro approach  issue to adapting to the heat and cold.

Temporarily I can eat cooked yang foods like a yam and get a warm rush or something frozen and get a cold rush - but to really be able to be comfortable in my natural environment whether it's warm or cold outside - I have to have a generally raw diet and choose my foods intuitively to make myself adaptogenic.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 03:20:10 am »

I thought that smashing lots of raw fat would have heated me up, but it didn't. Perhaps I wasn't utilising the fat well?

Fatty fish is by far the most warming fat.  Land animal fats are not as warming.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk