Author Topic: Hotmail's Journal  (Read 9994 times)

Offline Hotmail

• Forager
    • View Profile
Hotmail's Journal
« on: July 24, 2011, 08:21:31 pm »
I'd like to start a journal here, I am going to try a carnivorous diet for a while.  But must admit I am not totally raw, I eat a lot of rare cooked meat, and some raw.  I wonder if this is acceptable here?
I will try to increase my raw intake. 

My main objectives short term is  lose about 15lbs, long term to gain health and fitness. 

I hope all will be OK with me documenting this here?

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Hotmail's Journal
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 08:26:46 pm »
Welcome!

You can eat 100% cooked and nevertheless be posting here, we're not a sect!
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 09:02:14 pm »
great. post pics.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 09:25:45 pm »
We do accept that some people here are only partially raw or who eat non-palaeo foods like raw dairy, and we have no problem with that as long as they don't try to be heavily anti-raw and the like. I would be a bit leery of journals from people openly boasting of consuming lots of really low-quality cooked foods like Big Macs or sweets or  breakfast cereals, as the latter is at the other end of the dietary spectrum and would be better placed in a more relevant dietary forum than here, but something only  vaguely within rawpalaeo guidelines is fine.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hotmail

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 10:47:33 pm »
Oh great, I've been thinking of joining you for a while but was worried about being non raw issues.

Thanks very much.

Why the pictures goodsamaritan?

Anyway, I weighed a few days ago, I am around 143lbs.  Been doing the almost ZC for about 5 days now.  Will weigh tomorrow and hopefully document food and progress.  I am having to take Betamine HCL to help me digest the meat better, if anyone had to do this I'd appreciate advice on how long should I be using it for, some people say its only temporary solution until the stomach starts producing acid on its own.

I am having some cream here and there whenever I have cravings, will try to cut it out.   

Offline Hotmail

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 05:42:40 pm »
OK starting again, just unprocessed meats, cooked at the moment, will try it rare, hope this helps my psoriasis.  I tried to do mainly veg/fruit way of eating twice, this is what is recommended by most psoriasis books and advise all over the place, but that only gave me joints pain, really I only had fruit and veg, then I even cut out the fruit and kept the veg, still had the joint pain.  the minute I stopped it and just had meat the pain gone.

I take a bazilion supplements all recommended for psoriasis sufferers, here is the list:

1- Lecithin granules, 4 table spoons a day mixed with food
2- Milk Thistle 350 mg a day
3-Lipoic Acid 100mg a day
4- Selenium 100 to 200mg a day
5- Zing 50mg a day
6-Vitamin D3 5000iu
7-Flaxseed 2 table spoons a day, star flower 1000mg (will buy the ready mixed omega oils next time)
8-Biotin 5000 microgram
9- on occasion I take multi vitamin, and vit C
10- Calcium/mg (bone vitamin)
11- Probiotic capsules

I am going to drop the probiotics, soon, and am also going to the dead sea to try to cure my psoriasis as its is said it’s the best place to get clearance.

Will keep you posted, meanwhile any advise is really helpful :)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 10:21:32 pm »
Pictures of lesions and where the lesions are tell a great deal what the real problem is.
Seeing a picture of you gives many many clues to experienced eyes and we collectively have tons of experience in this forum.
How long have you had this problem?
What age did it begin?
How old are you now?
What medications / treatments have you done so far and how long did you take them?
What kind of detox protocols have you done so far?
In which country do you live?
What kind of profession do you do?

I think the bazillion supplements will eventually be gotten rid off when you eat real raw paleo diet food.  Real food and drink works tons better.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline Hotmail

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 02:48:53 am »
Pictures of lesions and where the lesions are tell a great deal what the real problem is.
Seeing a picture of you gives many many clues to experienced eyes and we collectively have tons of experience in this forum.
What age did it begin?
How old are you now?
What medications / treatments have you done so far and how long did you take them?

I think the bazillion supplements will eventually be gotten rid off when you eat real raw paleo diet food.  Real food and drink works tons better.

Thanks GS for bothering to help..  I took photos of my skin, but don't feel brave to post them, my case is not severe really, but I know it will get worse if I don't act now, I have psoriasis lesions size of coin on my left wrest, my right knee, and two lesion on my lower legs.

On my skin it started when I was 30 years old, but I think it began on my toe nails much earlier, it was hardly noticeable, but I never realised it could be psoriasis on my nails, its still very minor on my toe nails

What age did it begin?
as above around the age of 30, there was no specific trauma that happened, but at the time I remember I ate loads of bread and rice (was following healthy low fat lol), and walked a lot to get fitter
How old are you now?

At the start I did the steroids, but not for long, I abandoned them as I knew the side effects, so the only thing I used after that is the sun, I tried high doses of vit D3 for many years, no results from that

I did ZC before and that cleared it, no idea what or how, I didn't even expect it to clear, clearance lasted about 2 years , but then fell off the wagon and it came back this year.  However this year has been particularly bad for infections, I had urinary tract infection, a throat infection and tooth abscesses,  had to have antibiotics for all.

UK

IT related lots of sitting down in front of a computer am afraid.

I also did raw vegan / fruitarian for a couple of months each, my system just couldn't cope with the fibre,  and ended up with joint pain. 
I didn't do any fasts, I am in capable of doing any, really, I like to eat, and I don't want to fast.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 07:33:53 am »
I have a good guess what the problem is by now. But im holding off until i get some more info.

Im sure other members here have their own theories.

Please view this guide.
http://eczemacure.info/2012/07/07/diagnosing-eczema-psoriasis-lesions-more-precisely-with-the-12-hirata-zones/

It can sometimes be accurate.  Which organs do your lesions correspond to?

Those are the organs that may need cleansing, correcting, supporting, resting, exercising, etc.

Offline Hotmail

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 01:25:47 pm »
Thanks for the guide, I looked at the diagram, my lesion correspond to the following:

Arm: 8 = Kidney

Legs: 8, 5, 4 = Kidney, large intestine, liver

I always thought its of some relation to my intestine if you want the truth, I always have had disturbances there, not quite IBS, but always had issues even when I was a youngster.
But this is the first time I hear of Kidney related to psoriasis, what would be the signs?  Again I have always had to go to the loo quite often, and I drink a lot of water, not diabetic, but I always thought I had a small bladder so to speak, but put it mainly to the large amount of drink I have daily (water, herbal teas etc I don't drink coffee)

If you have any suggestion please do help. 

My attempt to go back at ZC was good over the weekend, but almost successful yesterday, forgot I had a business lunch, lucky they had meat on the menu, so ordered lamb,  but it was done with sauce (tomato and apricot), hence almost ZC. I know I can't afford to be lax on this now, I really must stick to ZC to see if it will clear me  like last time.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 01:27:51 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline Hotmail

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 01:34:42 pm »
Oh one more thing,  this year I got awful  food poisoning at least twice,  really bad episodes, I think maybe I don't have enough stomach acid to fight the germs.  One from eating either raw oysters or raw eggs (I tried both at the same weekend, I had only 3 oysters, and I also had raw eggs in a home made protein shake)  the second time was when I tried raw eggs again.  About a a year  ago I had awful food poisoning from eating raw liver.

I know I didn't feel well after eating other raw food (fish/beef) but lucky it wasn't an awful episode of food poisoning, it was more like being unwell for a day or so.

So I am so very scared of eating raw again !
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 02:18:18 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 04:41:30 pm »
you should eat one food item at a time.  do not combine. keep life simple.

Offline Hotmail

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 04:16:01 pm »
Its been 5 days now on beef mainly diet - and my psoriasis is really healing well, from the inside of the affected patch, I am pleased.

Here is what a member of the psoriasis helo forum posted for me:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/spotlighthealth/2004-06-08-erwin_x.htm

Mike Erwin battles food allergies

"I can't eat raw fruits or vegetables because I'm highly allergic," says Erwin, 25, who also starred on Everwood. "The first inclination people have is that I made it up as a kid to get out of eating my vegetables. But it's really true. My family is part Native American. We have a history of food allergies and mine are really serious."

In fact, Erwin is so allergic to the cellulose in fruits and vegetables he could die from anaphylactic shock, a severe and quick, systemic allergic reaction that can overwhelm the respiratory and cardiovascular systems – sometimes within minutes. Anaphylaxis can also affect the skin and gastrointestinal tract and kills about 150 people annually.

I am not imagining it, I know I am allergic to plant matter, but not sure if its all plant matter or a specific one...

Will try to get an allergy tests when I go to the dead sea, its impossible to convince my GP here.

Offline Hotmail

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 01:57:39 pm »
The two small areas of psoriasis on my face (one on each cheek)  have almost gone now, there is a slightly coloured area where it was, but when I put my make up this morning, my face skin was so smooth and as lovely as it was before, I am so happy with this.

I haven't started to eat raw yet, I know from previous experience, if I eat mainly meat I will start craving raw meat.  I will wait for this to happen.  I do like sashimi etc, but its quite expensive.

Also I am eating regular supermarket beef at the moment, I know most beef is grass fed in the UK, the organic one is quite expensive, but when I get a new job (just lost my job) I will try to mix some organic and regular beef.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012, 04:59:19 pm »
Most  UK beef isn't grassfed, only partially grassfed.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012, 09:06:23 pm »
I am not imagining it, I know I am allergic to plant matter, but not sure if its all plant matter or a specific one...

Will try to get an allergy tests when I go to the dead sea, its impossible to convince my GP here.

Is your plant matter... ORGANIC? (chemical free, poison free)
Is your plant matter... GMO?

Offline Hotmail

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2012, 06:27:03 pm »
GS, I tried organic plants e.g. juicing organic carrots, lettuce and cucumbers etc.  It controlled my P, no plaque, but it didn't really heal it as fast as is healing now.  Also after a few weeks of having veg juice and one / two fruit a day I started having joint ache which scared me... on the meat only diet (tried this experiment so many times) I have no joint ache - this joint ache only started to happen the last year, it came suddenly and had no idea why it attacked, when I quit plant matter, it disappears.

Yesterday I have the loveliest leaving do with my colleagues at work, it was supposed to be lunch only, but the party dragged on until almost midnight.  I ate good mainly steak.  However, with the partying they cheered me on to have alcohol,  for the last few years I have hardly had any alcohol, but yesterday I took a bout 3 to 4 glasses of wine and I mixed it with a lot of water glasses.... so this was a shock to my system after (more or less) abstaining for quite a while, and what do  you know, I get up this morning with my hands/ fingers so stiff...  I didn't need this to tell me that alcohol is bad for my system, but this was a sure warning for me...

Tomorrow am off to Jordan, I know this will put my experiment results into suspicion, as if I clear, I wont know for sure that my diet had 100% cleared my P or if it was the sunshine...all I know that the plant free diet started healing and it is shocking how fast it worked.

Offline Hotmail

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2012, 09:03:17 am »
Still at the dead sea, here until Thursday.   My psoriasis spots are turning white, not cleared yet, and don't think they'll clear before leaving.

The food here at the hotel is horrid, awful, I suppose I could go to other hotel restaurants have first class meat, but its so very expensive, so I am eating whatever at the moment.  I am feeling very unhealthy because of the mixed diet.

I have also stopped taking any supplements since coming here, so feeling blah !!

Staying here is hard work, even though all I do is sunbathe, dip or swim in the sea/pool,  its a bit frustrating. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk