Author Topic: ALEs and rendering fat: raw=better?  (Read 1659 times)

Offline personman

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
ALEs and rendering fat: raw=better?
« on: August 09, 2011, 09:31:21 pm »

Is it better to consume trimmings raw or to render? My concerns are due to the following doubts:In heating fats for an extended period of time, when do ALEs begin to occur in the fat(if at all)? I once roomed with a chinese guy in school who simmered meat for multiple days, then sat down and ate the whole thing. I recently 'rendered'(albeit poorly) trimmings of beef fat(tallow) from the butcher's and left it in a pot overnight on approx. 100 degrees F. Upon taking it ouot it had a bit of crusty brownishness to it. Would heating fats for this long(approx. 11 hours) create Advanced lipoxidation end-products(ALEs)? If so, what can be done to prevent this while rendering fat? Any feeedback would be appreciated. P.S: soon I will be terminating usage of electricity. Any feedback on how to render fat(eg. with what equipment if any; battery-powered, etc.)?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: ALEs and rendering fat: raw=better?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 09:50:15 pm »
Eat them raw or eat something else raw. Rendering at any length of time produces some ALEs, no matter how small.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk