Author Topic: AMAZING!!! Chimpanzee brains don't shrink AT ALL!!!  (Read 2274 times)

Offline Modern Primate

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
AMAZING!!! Chimpanzee brains don't shrink AT ALL!!!
« on: July 27, 2011, 12:32:03 am »
Hi guys, I've been on this forum before, maybe some people will recognize me from my country. I intend on being productive member of the forum. I wanted to share this amazing news:  

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111903999904576468224286877908.html

Somehow, I get the impression that if they started feeding these primates human food they would start losing brain mass as well... as has been seen with how they started getting cardiovascular disease, obesity etc. when eating human food.

Before the researchers and media rush to say that this occurs in humans alone because we're unique, they should perhaps consider the old observation of Darwin that these animals differ to us only: "in degree, and not in kind".

Of COURSE it's the food they were eating!!! How this could be beyond the researchers and they are putting it down to all kinds of bizarre theories including the humans being "very weird" is scarcely believeable to me. I don't even know what they were eating, but before even looking I know almost for a fact that they were eating a raw diet with high fruit or at least a diet that was really healthy and didn't contain human "snacks".  

This lends further credence to the compelling theory that in a natural environment that is favourable to the organism, every part of an organism is designed to function optimally until it reaches the Hayflick Limit, ie. death.

Isn't it amazing also how menopause affects only Humans?

« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 05:17:52 am by Modern Primate »

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: AMAZING!!! Chimpanzee brains don't shrink AT ALL!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 01:52:51 am »
Welcome and thanks for this interesting info!
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk