Author Topic: Delete account  (Read 4893 times)

Offline p0wer

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Delete account
« on: July 21, 2011, 09:53:10 pm »
How can I delete my account? It seems this option is not in the profile page. Maybe some administrator could delete it? Just ban me that should work :) Thanks.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Delete account
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 11:04:22 pm »
How can I delete my account? It seems this option is not in the profile page. Maybe some administrator could delete it? Just ban me that should work :) Thanks.
Sorry, but that option is excluded except for very good reasons.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 05:07:57 am »
Why would you do that, pOwer?
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 07:29:42 pm »
Regardless of his motives I think he is right that one should be able to delete ones own account.

Still i'm also curious: why p0wer?
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 10:05:29 pm »
Deleting one's account makes life hell for other users, especially if the poster in question was prolific. It's much easier to search for past topics via the username account profile, so, without that, forum-searching becomes a real chore.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 07:31:59 pm »
If you want pOwer, you can change all of the personal information associated with the account to nonsensical things that won't allow people to find or reach you, and just stop using it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk