Author Topic: cholesterol woes  (Read 6024 times)

Offline personman

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
cholesterol woes
« on: August 06, 2011, 03:07:32 am »

Should one consume as much cholesterol as possible in the diet? I am consuming 1 dozen eggs, 1 lb. of beef, 200 grams of butter each day and 7 oz. of liver every second day(substitution for 1x 1/2 lb. serving of beef). What should I do people: increase cholesterol containing foods, decrease or stay the course? My interests are in enhancing brain function, feelings of well-being and testosterone levels. Advice is nice, when corroborated with sound science/folk wisdom or personal anecdotes

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: cholesterol woes
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 05:00:47 am »
after reading many forums and blogs my understanding is consuming dietary cholesterol has little effect on the amount of lipo-proteins in the blood.  the more cholesterol is consumed the less liver will synthesize it.

diary fat on the other hand appears to raise LDL in many people, myself included.  not that i think there is anything wrong with it.

i would not eat so much liver every other day, instead rotate with different organs, or periodically skip organs all together.  every week i rotate between liver, kidneys, spleen, and pancreas.  i would love to include brain once in a while but they are hard to come by.  i do not measure, count, nor care about cholesterol levels anymore.

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 07:41:44 am »
It is detrimental not to consume cholestrol.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 09:25:37 am »
Forget all the cholesterol concepts... forget all the cholesterol tests... they are all BS.

Consume the best raw fats you can get your hands on.  For me that would be:

- raw bone marrow
- raw fatty fish
- raw live beef or lamb or horse fat
- raw fertilized eggs

Eat until satisfied, follow instincts.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 01:07:02 pm »
Forget all the cholesterol concepts... forget all the cholesterol tests... they are all BS.

Consume the best raw fats you can get your hands on.  For me that would be:

- raw bone marrow
- raw fatty fish
- raw fertilized eggs

Yep.  I definitely agree with bone marrow and wild-caught fatty fish.  Those fats make me feel great.  Balance it out with some good-quality, high Brix fruit, and cholesterol will take care of itself, generally.

Offline Domitilla

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 09:15:00 pm »

Consume the best raw fats you can get your hands on.  For me that would be:

- raw bone marrow
- raw fatty fish
- raw fertilized eggs

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 10:08:50 pm »

Consume the best raw fats you can get your hands on.  For me that would be:

- raw bone marrow
- raw fatty fish
- raw fertilized eggs

PM me as to why you just copied and pasted Good Samaritan's post above, or I will consider you a spammer.

Offline personman

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 09:27:39 pm »
Thanks guys: YS: would you eat most of these organs raw(kidneys exempted perhaps)? How do you obtain them. Brains are obviously a difficulty as per gov.control and all.
Good sources of fats though. What about suet? Isn't this a fat that would be advisable to consume(ie. high on the list, perhaps higher than the others).
Would you not render fat at all, but just eat it as is? How would you prepare it(blend it, etc.) to make it more palatable or easily digested?

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 08:24:58 pm »
Thanks guys: YS: would you eat most of these organs raw(kidneys exempted perhaps)? How do you obtain them. Brains are obviously a difficulty as per gov.control and all.
Good sources of fats though. What about suet? Isn't this a fat that would be advisable to consume(ie. high on the list, perhaps higher than the others).
Would you not render fat at all, but just eat it as is? How would you prepare it(blend it, etc.) to make it more palatable or easily digested?

No preparation is necessary, except for thawing. Bone marrow is also a good source of fat. Fat requires less energy to digest than protein or carbohydrate, so as long as your body is producing the necessary enzymes, digestion should be easy.

Also, there is a thread on fat digestability here:http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/carnivorous-zero-carb-approach/fat-digestibility/.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 10:03:54 pm »
Preferably I would consume the whole animal head to toe.  That happens when I hunt.  I would eat it raw as much as I could and I would make stock from bones to extract the remaining nutrients and minerals.  I do not have cooked phobia and consuming stock once in a while is perfectly OK with me.

When I'm out of whole animals the only organs I can purchase for reasonable money are liver, kidney, spleen, and pancreas.  I rotate them about weekly consuming about 150g/day and try to have 2-3 days without any organs.

As far as rendering, I prefer to consume fat raw, simply chop into bite size and chew it.  But if convenience was more important to me I would consider rendered fat provided it does not give me any negative side effects. Lex appears to do pretty well on rendered fat.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk